ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Is this mod dead? Very low activity...

Nope just busy with real life.

Getting super tired of saying this, "the drastic six clock hold" explain because this means nothing to me. And for the love of god provide screen shots.

I think this is what the meaning is, maybe the sights on top of the scope of the Elcan?

08-19-10-04-six-o-clock-hold.jpg

I think this is what the meaning is, maybe the sights on top of the scope of the Elcan?

http://airgun-academy.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/08-19-10-04-six-o-clock-hold.jpg

thank you for clarifying.

to address this further, anyone who has ever shot with the elcan's battle sights (the rubber nubs on the top of the sight) know that they are not ideal ever. the reason the appear as they do on the elcan at this time is because the back end of the elcan would take up the bottom half of the screen to align the properly. Also they are not properly spaced in real life to use as iron sights. The battle sight is for quick reference only not competitive style shooting and should not be used at a range over 50m.

They are simply a room clearing option for the elcan, not a full on alternative.

Cheers.

ataboo sent some pics of the TAPV he is working on:

http://imgur.com/a/Php12

My summer project will be the lav III, due to real life though it likely wont see release until late August.

My summer project will be the lav III, due to real life though it likely wont see release until late August.

Can't wait to see those ingame. You guys are doing a great job so far!

BTW as for the brown boots, also currently serving member, I have a buddy who works at Directorate of Land Requirements (DLR) the guys responsible for acquisition of new equipment. The brown boots as we see them today did fail the tests so we will not be getting those specific ones, but the Canadian Armed Forces are 100% going with a brown coloured boot in the future, type and style still TBD, but as for brown colour its 100% a go.

Again great mod.

BTW as for the brown boots, also currently serving member, I have a buddy who works at Directorate of Land Requirements (DLR) the guys responsible for acquisition of new equipment. The brown boots as we see them today did fail the tests so we will not be getting those specific ones, but the Canadian Armed Forces are 100% going with a brown coloured boot in the future, type and style still TBD, but as for brown colour its 100% a go.

Again great mod.

Good to hear

Do you have a CADPAT-arid template i could use?

Most officers (pl commanders, coy commanders, FOOs, FACs) use C8s.

This will be an incredible addition to CAF

lav-iii.jpg

Had a problem with the M72A3 and VAS. Better heads than mine have traced the problem and detailed it here. I don't know how hard it would be to fix.

This will be an incredible addition to CAF

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/images/nr/lav-iii.jpg

"this" is called a LAV III, and it is in the works as I have mentioned at least twice on this thread. If it is part of the Canadian Military or will be by 2035 it will be added to this mod.

The LAV III is my summer project screens when I have them.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Had a problem with the M72A3 and VAS. Better heads than mine have traced the problem and detailed it here. I don't know how hard it would be to fix.

It means that the M72A6 uses a magazine called M72A6. It is an easy fix and in fact a planned one for the 1.0 along with new class names for everything to avoid future conflicts with other modders. However it is not something I will be fixing right away.

Most officers (pl commanders, coy commanders, FOOs, FACs) use C8s.

Hmm. I'm not enlisted, nor have I ever been, but I thought the C7A2 was standard for all troops except grenadiers. Then, depending on the tasks of the section, the weapons could be replaced for closer combat if they were mostly doing door to door stuff.

I assume you know more about what you're talking about then me, but is there any truth behind my assumption or do officers generally get the C8 as a default?

Hmm. I'm not enlisted, nor have I ever been, but I thought the C7A2 was standard for all troops except grenadiers. Then, depending on the tasks of the section, the weapons could be replaced for closer combat if they were mostly doing door to door stuff.

I assume you know more about what you're talking about then me, but is there any truth behind my assumption or do officers generally get the C8 as a default?

As you said your not enlisted nor have ever been. End of conversation. This thread is for updates and inquiries regarding the CAF Mod. If you would like to know more about the Canadian Forces visit forces.gc.ca or check out the ARMY.CA forums.

Cheers.

Ive got a bug to report, at least i hope so :)

When using the C7 or C8, the silencer (from CAF) completely removes all sound from the weapon.

Am i the only one experiencing thins?

This is on the latest stabile build btw.

INFO NEEDED

Being light infantry I have little knowledge of the lav 3.

Here is what I require at this time (there will be more)

Fuel Capacity (litres)

Turn Radious

Weight

All stats should be based on operationally parameters please.

PM me the info if you know it. Please no guesses or Wikipedia info I'm looking for info from fellow serving members with lav 3 driver, gunner, and/or crew commander quals.

Thank you in advance.

I really like the mod, the detail is fantastic, and I actually prefer using these units to the default ones. The only thing I find a problem with are the machine gun noises, they sound like they have too much reverb effects :P

INFO NEEDED

Being light infantry I have little knowledge of the lav 3.

Here is what I require at this time (there will be more)

Fuel Capacity (litres)

Turn Radious

Weight

All stats should be based on operationally parameters please.

PM me the info if you know it. Please no guesses or Wikipedia info I'm looking for info from fellow serving members with lav 3 driver, gunner, and/or crew commander quals.

Thank you in advance.

If you haven't already, I would suggest heading on over to forums.army.ca

Bunch of guys there that'd be happy to help

SNEAK PEEK

Here is a quick look at the LAV 3 made for Arma 2 by youngeagle. Small upgrades to the model are being made and full integration of the PIP is in the works. Fingers crossed for a August release of 0.5 with new vehicles and weapons!

th_buldozer2013-06-0416-28-11-49_zpsf974d94f.jpg

Thoughts?

Looks good.

Btw, lets hope Trey Parker and Matt Stone don't bring out Canadian soldiers... ;)