ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

I've seen other community guys fixed the sounds in the mean time. Hopefully someone can look into that if thats ok with the owners… I've looked into the mod and there are a lot of different config files so i think it will require some effort :/

could someone please kindly link me the hotfix to fix the weapon sounds? I have googled this and have had no luck...

I know aggressors have been fixed some time ago by a community member, not sure about CAF though.

While this is being looked at to be updated, is there a way to make it ALIVE compatible?

Love this mod! The textures are spot on with the weapons with the few lateral exceptions of the C9A2. Besides that, great mod!

Here is a temporary sound fix. It's only for the sounds, but that should be enough until we release our next build.

http://theebu.com/1cpb/@CAF_Patch.zip

It includes keys but this is signed under a different key than the main mod (and is built as a separate mod).

Thanks a lot Theebu! I was missing a lot playing my CAF missions, with this fix I can dust them off again =)

"The True North, strong and free" so CSAT, AAF and Aggressors can again fear these words ;D

cheers!

Excellent.

Thank you very much for making this patch/fix available to the community and CAF fans.

Thanks theebu. Canadian forces are engaging Russian forces from Rhs.. :)

2014-10-27_00008_zps1080122b.jpg

Here is a temporary sound fix. It's only for the sounds, but that should be enough until we release our next build.

http://theebu.com/1cpb/@CAF_Patch.zip

It includes keys but this is signed under a different key than the main mod (and is built as a separate mod).

Thanks for the sound fix. One problem I found is that the lav lll has no sounds for the main 25mm cannon. I thought if you cannot find the sound file you could use the default arma 3 set up. Just a suggestion. Again thanks for the update. Canadians are my favorite considering I am one of them :D

Hi theebu & Ohally,

More and more Canadian mods showing up and a couple of them I like and use but only the CAF mod is has the full meal deal of realistic CadPat, Weapons, Armour and Helicopters. The CAF mod is the core of everything I do in Arma (has been since Arma2). The CAF_Aggressors are my favorite bad guys also. Any chance we'll see an update to these two excellent mods by Christmas?

The mod is dead or not ?

I think not. New content and updates have been promised and nothing to the contrary has been posted. It has been a long wait, agreed, but I am still hopeful to see some new CSOR units :).

No it's not, it's a bug, we are working on it.

Here's a preview of 1.5

New Door Gunner kits:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/cafv1-5/th_arma32013-12-2319-33-34-96_zps36d10cb4.jpg

CF-188A

3 Squadron paints and a RCAF standard:

425 Alouettes

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/cafv1-5/th_arma32013-12-2319-31-54-69_zpscf783b77.jpg

409 Nighthawks

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/cafv1-5/th_arma32013-12-2319-31-41-79_zpsd3b30982.jpg

439 Tigers (retired the CF-18 a while ago, but they had an awesome paint job)

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/cafv1-5/th_arma32013-12-2319-32-03-97_zpsf20092f5.jpg

RCAF Standard (non-specific)

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/cafv1-5/th_arma32013-12-2319-32-16-57_zpsc7e3150b.jpg

Still missing weapon proxies and textures, not fully integrated into phsyx engine but she flies quite nice. All sounds and animations working.

Also we have added headgear randomization to door gunners and Infantry

Again, chinook bugs are being tested and fixed as we speak. thanks for the bugs reports.

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 ----------

v 1.5 likely, needs some sounds fixed and a bit of config work but just about ready to rock and roll.

Any word on the CF-18?

A few things I'd like to see in the next release.....

I appreciate the mod is finite and not everyone's wishes can be accommodated but here are a few things that I'd like to see.

- Arsenal compatibility. I assume that will be in the next release. I hate going into arsenal and losing by primary weapon (disappears).

- More Vests. Grenadier vests, Gunner Vests in tan and OD as well as CADPAT. Lots of guys used 3rd party vests rather than government issue.

- More CSOR units. The basis of all my missions is around the Regimental Infantry but if Special Forces show up I'd like more units than just the JTF2.

- Regimental insignia as map markers.

- Berets with Regimental pins. (a nice to have).

Just some ideas, not that you were looking for any :).

A few things I'd like to see in the next release.....

I appreciate the mod is finite and not everyone's wishes can be accommodated but here are a few things that I'd like to see.

- Arsenal compatibility. I assume that will be in the next release. I hate going into arsenal and losing by primary weapon (disappears).

- More Vests. Grenadier vests, Gunner Vests in tan and OD as well as CADPAT. Lots of guys used 3rd party vests rather than government issue.

- More CSOR units. The basis of all my missions is around the Regimental Infantry but if Special Forces show up I'd like more units than just the JTF2.

- Regimental insignia as map markers.

- Berets with Regimental pins. (a nice to have).

Just some ideas, not that you were looking for any :).

One thing I'd like to see:

Seek permission from some other mod authors and update the infantry weapons. Please! They need a new model. I'm not a huge graphics whore, but they just look out of place with the other content being made for Arma 3

Any rough ETA on a new version for this?

Great mod, happy to see the Canadian Forces in the game. Much appreciation to the guys who've been working on it.

Diffusion9.

I understand that the mod makers are working on an update for CAF but they are usually very tight lipped about release times. I know they are the same team that work on the Aggressors mod and they have been working on that pretty hard to bring a large update very soon. My guess would be that they work on both mods somewhat (70/30 split? Aggressors being the priority at the moment) at the same time switching between them as inspiration hits or frustration makes them put one down for a bit. Just speculating on that.

Lots of sound errors when using this with Ace... even with the sound patch. Is this normal?

Is this mod still being worked on? I understand that it takes time (and I hear you guys work on CAF Agressors as well) I just don't want to be sitting here waiting for an update that's never coming. It's great and I want moar! :D

Hi,
i have a big problem, i have update the caf Mod and my old mission required the caf_gear file!?
Have anybody this file pls?

others have put out cadpat but this is the only Canadian mod that includes in addition to units, air and ground vehicles. I am still a loyal fan eagerly await further updates. If the mod is still alive it would be great to hear from the developers, if on the other hand it is dead then close the thread so me (and other fans) don't keep hoping that there's more content on the way.