ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Hey is it normal that the Canadian weapons don't appear in the virtual arsenal but that the Canadian uniforms do???

They need to be defined in the CfgPatches, if they are not then they won't show.

They need to be defined in the CfgPatches, if they are not then they won't show.

And how do you do that (sorry for Noob question, I'm fairly new to ARMA)?

That is not something that you would normally be expected to do yourself as a user of the mod. Generally it is defined by the mod maker. The new release/update for CAF is due out soon I suspect that will take care of the problem.

Normally you add it to the top (I do anyway just out of habit) of your config.cpp that defines the mod and such:

class CfgPatches

{

class ej_IAR

{

requiredaddons[]={"A3_Modules_F", "A3_UI_F", "A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics","A3_Weapons_F","asdg_jointrails","asdg_jointmuzzles"};

requiredversion=1.24;

units[]={};

weapons[]=

{

"ej_IAR",

"ej_IAR30",

"ej_IARdes",

"ej_IAR30des",

"ej_IAR3010",

"ej_IAR3010GL",

"ej_IAR3010des"

};

magazines[]=

{

"IARmk318_mag",

"IAR30mk318_mag",

"IARmk262_mag",

"IARrt_mag"

};

};

};

You can put esoteric stuff (like I should add) a way to show an internet link to the mod or your website, etc., as well as the mod author, but that up there is the basics of what to get started with and allows the game to add it to the mission.sqm as a dependency, etc.

CfgPatches needs to be updated for curator/Zeus functionalities as well, if one of your units or weapons is not defined in there it won't show in Zeus menu.

And as it has already been said, it's something the mod creator has to fix.

The next update for CAF will include compatibility with Zeus/MCC.

hi theebu,

"•Combat Arms Units flags (Regular Force units only at this time *requests are welcomed)"

Any thought to placeable map markers using the regimental flags as symbols?

I don't see why not. Fairly easy to do.

That would be excellent, thanks for considering my idea.

Is there any plans to release some arm patches with the mod, even if it is simply the Canadian Flags (other than the Canadian Flag patch that is already there as part of the uniform)? To be a bit clearer, I assume the CAF uniforms will now accept the new patches feature so will you include any uniquely Canadian patches? If someone were to use another mod makers generic uniform adding a Canadian flag to it (subdued) to make it a Canadian uniform. I am nostalgic for the old garbage man uniforms I used to wear back in the day.

Hey is this addon even still in development? If not mind handing it off to someone who can keep going with it rather than just killing off a really good addon now?

Hey is this addon even still in development? If not mind handing it off to someone who can keep going with it rather than just killing off a really good addon now?

Look up 4 posts

The next update for CAF will include compatibility with Zeus/MCC.
Edited by Tuskin38

Hey! Great mod! I've been trying it out for the past week. I've been running into some problems though and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. For starters, I can't find the units when in Zeus mode in a multiplayer game. I guess from the latest post that I saw that this feature wasn't yet implemented? The second one, which bugs me the most, is that the C8A2 rifle has no sound and the rocket launcher crashes the game when fired (again no sound). I've installed the latest version of the mod as well as the hotfix and the CBA mod. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by JL9977
Change C8A2 to C7A2

Hey! Great mod! I've been trying it out for the past week. I've been running into some problems though and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. For starters, I can't find the units when in Zeus mode in a multiplayer game. I guess from the latest post that I saw that this feature wasn't yet implemented? The second one, which bugs me the most, is that the C8A2 rifle has no sound and the rocket launcher crashes the game when fired (again no sound). I've installed the latest version of the mod as well as the hotfix and the CBA mod. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The bootcamp update changed the way sounds work in the game, so each mod maker needs to update his or her mods. This mod has no/will not be updated so there will be no sounds until it is.

It was rumored it would've been fixed by the end of summer... maybe they need some more days.

We all need more days of summer!! Though If the project is being abandoned it would be nice to know sooner than later as this can be salvaged easier.

As I've said before, this mod is not abandoned. Time restraints and real life are slowing us down. We appreciate your patience.

As I've said before, this mod is not abandoned. Time restraints and real life are slowing us down. We appreciate your patience.

Sorry, people just like your guys work a lot?

Sorry, people just like your guys work a lot?

Meh, it's tough for some community's. The modders sometimes need breaks, especially when the core content is always changing and screwing with configs and stuff. But more so, public releases can get sidelined in favor of the internal builds for their own players and whatnot. If dudes are really hot for content specific mods like the CAF mod, they should consider joining the Unit whom develops it!..

They don't just make this stuff cause that's the only thing that's fun right?

I just gave you 2 cents. Like from the 50's when you could buy a couple hookers and stuff with it.

Meh, it's tough for some community's. The modders sometimes need breaks, especially when the core content is always changing and screwing with configs and stuff. But more so, public releases can get sidelined in favor of the internal builds for their own players and whatnot. If dudes are really hot for content specific mods like the CAF mod, they should consider joining the Unit whom develops it!..

They don't just make this stuff cause that's the only thing that's fun right?

I just gave you 2 cents. Like from the 50's when you could buy a couple hookers and stuff with it.

Hey man I was just apologizing, Seams like they are taking a lot of heat. Don't take it out of context too much ;)

Bit of an update.. in favor of releasing quality and complete content, we will be pushing back the next update to a later date, TBA. This also applies to our sister mod, Aggressors.

Hi theebu,

Disappointing news indeed. However it is what it is and we will all appreciate a polished release when it happens.

Since the greater update is delayed, any thoughts on possibly just releasing the sound fix in the mean time?

thanks for your work on this mod (and Ohally). As a Canadian this is my primary mod for all Arma gaming going back to OFP and ONS days. Its free to the community but it costs you in your time, and once its no longer enjoyable to mod or causes too many personal conflicts with your time we need to be patient.

thanks for your continued work.