ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Question, could you add backpacks to all units? I find this looks much more realistic. Its hard to addbackpacks myself in things like ALiVE.

Ohally, I know you don't take requests but one thing I'd like to see in a future update is the Regimental flags as map markers.

So don't think of it like a request...more of an idea for your consideration. :)

Due to constant changes in the way BIS does business I will no longer be creating mods for this game. I don't have a lot of spare time and lately it's been spent re-writing things because BIS continues to make significant changes to the ARMA 3 structure. I will be hacking away at cleaning up my mods and do a final release near the end of this summer, this includes: Canadian Armed Forces; Aggressors; Static Line Chutes; and Boats. Once that release is done all source data will also be released for all mods for anyone interested in picking up the torch.

I will likely produce more small projects in my own time but for now I need to step back and leave it be while BIS finishes their games in their own time.

**this has been posted in each of my threads.

Understandable OHally.. thanks for all your work to date on these mods.

Yes, sad indeed, but defo understandable. Thanks for what you've done and all the best.

If someone points me towards a guide of how to properly update the weapon sounds I'd be happy to make an unofficial patch for this mod.

I love the Canadian Forces and am bummed to omit them from my current missions in CLAafghan.

Due to constant changes in the way BIS does business I will no longer be creating mods for this game. I don't have a lot of spare time and lately it's been spent re-writing things because BIS continues to make significant changes to the ARMA 3 structure. I will be hacking away at cleaning up my mods and do a final release near the end of this summer, this includes: Canadian Armed Forces; Aggressors; Static Line Chutes; and Boats. Once that release is done all source data will also be released for all mods for anyone interested in picking up the torch.

I will likely produce more small projects in my own time but for now I need to step back and leave it be while BIS finishes their games in their own time.

**this has been posted in each of my threads.

Thank you for your Time, and thank you for your Great mod representing my countries proud, free, and brave fighting force. Hope to see you return soon.

I think its okay to release if its not an edited version of their .pbo but rather a entirely new one. Not sure. Ohally, if you're reading this would you be okay with an unofficial soundfix until you are available to do an official one?

I'm going to take a read at that thread and see if I can do it myself. I haven't done a lot outside of editing SQF's for missions but this seems to be within that ballpark.

I think its okay to release if its not an edited version of their .pbo but rather a entirely new one. Not sure. Ohally, if you're reading this would you be okay with an unofficial soundfix until you are available to do an official one?

I'm going to take a read at that thread and see if I can do it myself. I haven't done a lot outside of editing SQF's for missions but this seems to be within that ballpark.

if you have a fix you'd like to share go for it, I am working on an official fix but it could be a while

Am using AIA standalone (light) and AIA quality replacement pack however when I run it says it is missing "aia_activateA3modelsModelReplacement_CO". Any ideas?

Ta

Ludi

speak to the AIA developer. WTF does that have to do with this thread. Wake up!

Hey, can I use parts of your mod (specifically the clothing) in a separate, private mod pack?

Thanks, Part Time

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see it, is there a config faction\groups name for the Canadian forces, to use with the ALiVE modules?

As of current version the LAV-III seems broken, commander position isn't working.

Hi all. I'm a long time Arma player, but have never signed up with the forums until now.

I wanted to extend a heartfelt thanks for the well thought out and executed mod. I have to admit, I got a bit wet while going through the JTF2 operators.

I'm sorry to hear that the mods are coming to their close, though I can understand the stress it must put you through to continuously have to revisit your material to have it work with BI's persistent updates to architecture.

The only major problem I'm having is that when I load some items in the editor I receive error messages - for example, any unit using the C8. I've noted that there are a few people looking to fix this. If the problem has been remedied, could someone point me at the solution? I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I went back several pages and couldn't find my answer ( I note that someone linked to how to update sounds, but I am no modder)

My next comment is at Dragon - I noted you mentioned you use many mods that bring in real assets, rather than the futuristic fauna of A3. Could you by chance provide a list of what modifications you are using? I'm finding the modding scene of Arma 3 to be a bit overwhelming, so I started with something familiar; Canada. In addition to more factions (or overhauls of current factions) Is there anywhere I can turn to have this ridiculous fatigue system/weapon sway dealt with? I know I have watched videos with much more effective weapon handling, and I just now ran across the width of a landing strip with a JTF2 operator (that is, 1 single tarmac, perhaps 30 meters) and lost the ability to run until he caught his breath. The idea that a soldier should be out of breath in such a laughable distance is appalling, much less an elite unit like JTF2.

Sorry to have veered off topic there. Let me bring it back around with a second, and equally enthusiastic thank you to Ohally. Even having only just started to use your mod, I'm sure it will enhance my experience with Arma immeasurably.

Hey, can I use parts of your mod (specifically the clothing) in a separate, private mod pack?

Thanks, Part Time

No, you may not

Hey Blackthorne,

I PM'd you my core mods list.

Edited by Dr@gon

No, you may not

Hey PartTime, there is a Canadian Camo pack on armaholic by Craig. He is open to people using his clothing! Try there.

ohally, dont think i was trying to be snide or anything like that. Just helping a guy out! Thanks for the awesome mods! Sorry BIS drove you out before CAF was fully realized... damn shame

So is there a fix for the sound already? also back when i had 1.5 iw as able to join multiplay servers that had the green circle or yellow one but when i try now the game crashes in loading.

I hate to be a bother, but is there going to be a sound fix being published soon? I love this mod and I would hate to see it go unused due to a sound bug like this.

I hate to be a bother, but is there going to be a sound fix being published soon? I love this mod and I would hate to see it go unused due to a sound bug like this.

The mod makers say end of summer there should be a fix in place. Understandably they are enjoying the summer months and are not dedicating to the fix full time. Summers are short in Canada :). depending on your point of view, end of summer is either August or September. In the thread they mention that the fix will come out with an update and additional content so it isn't simply the sound fix that your waiting for. As far as why don't they just release the sound fix and the additional content later? Well ultimately that's their decision to make. There are the CAF mod, CAF Aggressors to update and hopefully the parachute mod will be released basically all in the same time frame making it bigger then just the sound fix.

I have no particular insight on this, I've just been following the thread, its all there.