ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Whats the classname for the 3D Elcan scopes?

Seriously??? Are you asking that question after the post just before yours???

Edited by Dr@gon

Is anyone else having performance issues when spawning CAF units in either MCC or ZEUS? My FPS drops significantly for a few seconds whenever I spawn any CAF or CAF Aggressors unit in both ZEUS and MCC. I have no issue with other custom Add-on units.

Is anyone else having performance issues when spawning CAF units in either MCC or ZEUS? My FPS drops significantly for a few seconds whenever I spawn any CAF or CAF Aggressors unit in both ZEUS and MCC. I have no issue with other custom Add-on units.

@CAF and @CAF_AG are not supporting ZEUS or MCC

This mod is just wow. Sooooo great! Love seeing the CF in Arma 3! I just have 2 questions:

When using the M72A6, I don't seem to be able to do any damage. Any ideas?

2: Are the vests using old armor values? They seem under protective to me.

Other than that, I cant wait to see where this mod goes from here!

EDIT: Actually, I also notice that when I have this mod running, crouching makes my unit take a step forward first. Anyone else?

This mod is just wow. Sooooo great! Love seeing the CF in Arma 3! I just have 2 questions:

When using the M72A6, I don't seem to be able to do any damage. Any ideas?

2: Are the vests using old armor values? They seem under protective to me.

Other than that, I cant wait to see where this mod goes from here!

EDIT: Actually, I also notice that when I have this mod running, crouching makes my unit take a step forward first. Anyone else?

With respect to the M72A6 doesn't do any damage; it depends. It works great against infantry and other soft targets like trucks, technicals, helicopters. I run the A3MP map pack and the sandbag impalements from the mod (ported from Arma2) are indestructible by pretty much anything.

When I go into a crouch I do not step forward as you have noted.

Edited by Dr@gon

With respect to the M72A6 doesn't do any damage; it depends. It works great against infantry and other soft targets like trucks, technicals, helicopters. I run the A3MP map pack and the sandbag impalements from the mod (ported from Arma2) are indestructible by pretty much anything.

When I go into a crouch I do not step forward as you have noted.

I was doing some more testing with the M72, and I noted that it does do some small damage. Tested it against an Ifrit from behind at point blank range. After the shot, I got in the Ifrit and found the hull to be yellow. Not enough to force the crew out.

In all fairness the crouch issue is likely from another mod.

I was doing some more testing with the M72, and I noted that it does do some small damage. Tested it against an Ifrit from behind at point blank range. After the shot, I got in the Ifrit and found the hull to be yellow. Not enough to force the crew out.

In all fairness the crouch issue is likely from another mod.

Well the M72 was never that powerful to begin with (real world application) it was intended to deal with thin skinned APC not tanks (although when first introduced in Vietnam they thought it should be able to take out tanks - they were wrong). It could benefit from an in game increase in power perhaps, I think the "future" vehicles like the Ifrit may have high armour values for what is basically a car. I don't know.

Personally I avoid the future stuff of Arma3 as much as possible (some exceptions) and use mods that bring in current hardware. I haven't done much with armour but the RDS Tank mod looks promising I already use the RDS static weapon mod. Anyway M72 for attacking supply trucks and the Carl Gustav for APC/MICV types is my plan :cool:.

Okay I tested the M72 on the APC's from the RDS mod (cold war area armour- I don't know if the in game armour values for this mod are realistic) and the M72 had zero effect on a BMP. I could have shot it all day. A Carl Gustav took it out with one shot. The Ifrit took 2 shots from a M72 to disable and cause critical damage but trucks blow up 'real good'. Basically if you can disable it with a magazine of 5.56 then your LAW works. I don't know but I think for a M72 to be effective it may actually take several shots and a fire team would have to volley 2-3 shots to insure a hit and effective damage.

Just my observations.

Edited by Dr@gon
updated

Is it just me or does v1.7 break the Carl Gustav?

For anyone using this with DAC 3.1

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// BLUFOR		CAF (WOODLAND)					CAF_TW		
 case 13:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"CAF_CREWMAN_TW","RCAF_CH147_PILOT_OD","CAF_SECTIONIC_TW",
	"CAF_SECTION2IC_TW",
	"CAF_RIFLEMAN_TW",
	"CAF_RIFLEMANAT_TW",
	"CAF_GRENADIER_TW",
	"CAF_C9GUNNER_TW",
	"CAF_C6GUNNER_TW",
	"CAF_GPMGASST_TW",
	"CAF_84GUNNER_TW",
	"CAF_ATASST_TW",
	"CAF_MEDIC_TW",
	"CAF_CBTENGINEER_TW",
	"CAF_VEHTECH_TW",
	"CAF_SNIPER_TW",
	"CAF_SPOTTER_TW",
	"CAF_RECCE_IC_TW",
	"CAF_RECCE_2IC_TW",
	"CAF_RECCE_C9_TW",
	"CAF_RECCE_SIG_TW"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = [
	"caf_HLVW_support",
	"caf_HLVW_open",
	"caf_HLVW_covered",
	"CAF_Quadbike_OD",
	"CAF_TAPV_tw",
	"caf_tapv_50_tw",
	"caf_tapv_gl_tw"
];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [
	"caf_lav3_isc",
	"CAF_LeopardC2_TW"
];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
	"CAF_CH146_F",
	"CAF_CH146_GRIFFON_F",	//medevac
	"CH_147F"
];
 };
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// BLUFOR		CAF (ARID)						CAF_AR		
 case 14:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"CAF_CREWMAN_AR","RCAF_CH147_PILOT_AR","CAF_SECTIONIC_AR",
	"CAF_SECTION2IC_AR",
	"CAF_RIFLEMAN_AR",
	"CAF_RIFLEMANAT_AR",
	"CAF_GRENADIER_AR",
	"CAF_C9GUNNER_AR",
	"CAF_C6GUNNER_AR",
	"CAF_GPMGASST_AR",
	"CAF_84GUNNER_AR",
	"CAF_ATASST_AR",
	"CAF_MEDIC_AR",
	"CAF_CBTENGINEER_AR",
	"CAF_VEHTECH_AR",
	"CAF_SNIPER_AR",
	"CAF_SPOTTER_AR",
	"CAF_RECCE_IC_AR",
	"CAF_RECCE_2IC_AR",
	"CAF_RECCE_C9_AR",
	"CAF_RECCE_SIG_AR"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = [
	"caf_HLVW_support_ar",
	"caf_HLVW_open_AR",
	"caf_HLVW_covered_ar",
	"CAF_Quadbike_AR",
	"CAF_TAPV_ar",
	"caf_tapv_50_ar",
	"caf_tapv_gl_ar"
];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [
	"caf_lav3_isc_D",
	"CAF_LeopardC2_AR"
];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["CAF_CH146_F_D"];
 };
// BLUFOR		CAF JTF2						????		
 case 15:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER","RCAF_CH146_PILOT_OD","JTF2_ASSAULTER_TL",	
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER_MG",
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER_MED",
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER_EXP",
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER_MRK",
	"JTF2_ASSAULTER"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["JTF2_Offroad_armed_01"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["CAF_CH146_SF"];
 };

Well the M72 was never that powerful to begin with (real world application) it was intended to deal with thin skinned APC not tanks (although when first introduced in Vietnam they thought it should be able to take out tanks - they were wrong). It could benefit from an in game increase in power perhaps, I think the "future" vehicles like the Ifrit may have high armour values for what is basically a car. I don't know.

Personally I avoid the future stuff of Arma3 as much as possible (some exceptions) and use mods that bring in current hardware. I haven't done much with armour but the RDS Tank mod looks promising I already use the RDS static weapon mod. Anyway M72 for attacking supply trucks and the Carl Gustav for APC/MICV types is my plan :cool:.

Okay I tested the M72 on the APC's from the RDS mod (cold war area armour- I don't know if the in game armour values for this mod are realistic) and the M72 had zero effect on a BMP. I could have shot it all day. A Carl Gustav took it out with one shot. The Ifrit took 2 shots from a M72 to disable and cause critical damage but trucks blow up 'real good'. Basically if you can disable it with a magazine of 5.56 then your LAW works. I don't know but I think for a M72 to be effective it may actually take several shots and a fire team would have to volley 2-3 shots to insure a hit and effective damage.

Just my observations.

Witch is how their employed against light skinned targets IRL anyway ;)

Witch is how their employed against light skinned targets IRL anyway ;)

yup that was my point :)

Hi, there

if this question hhas been asked. is there a list of class names that i can get or did you post it already in the fourm post

thanks

Hi, there

if this question hhas been asked. is there a list of class names that i can get or did you post it already in the fourm post

thanks

The Thread is getting a bit long to go through it all so just flip back a couple pages and you'll see that someone posted the classnames but the classnames were also included in the CAF download, almost everything you need is there.

Hi Guys, I was wondering on what you guys where working! Any scoop coming soon? The R22R community loves your work. It is always on the server! It feels good to finally play has Canadian in a game.

Keep it up! :)

The C9 front iron sight is different in real life than the iron sight currently on the C9 in the mod (M249 Front Sight).

Search this up on youtube (I can't post links right now as this is my first post): "Canadian Soldiers firefight from camp"

Thanks

The C9 front iron sight is different in real life than the iron sight currently on the C9 in the mod (M249 Front Sight).

Search this up on youtube (I can't post links right now as this is my first post): "Canadian Soldiers firefight from camp"

Thanks

All well and good, however having used C9A2s (pay attention to the A2 part that's important) I dont need to watch a video to know what the weapon system looks like.

Currently the Canadian Army has 3 C9s:

C9A1 - upgraded C9 with rails and issued C79 ELCAN

C9A2 - here's where it gets tricky, there are 2 types:

refurbished ( C9A1s that have been updated to meet C9A2 specs);

and the factory C9A2.

The Refurbished guns have the old front sight on the barrels (open topped) proper A2s use the circular front sight specifically on the short barrel which i featured on the CAF C9A2.

You're welcome,

*fact checking is a lost art...

Hi there

I would like to know if there is a Digital loadout system file i could get? I the class names i used off the fourms are not ork ing.

Thank you

I have no demands nor silly questions. I just wanted to post a "nice job! I look forward to the next whatever it is that comes out. Thanks for all the hard work."

Hi there

I would like to know if there is a Digital loadout system file i could get? I the class names i used off the fourms are not ork ing.

Thank you

What are you looking for that isn't included in the text file that came with the CAF download? If all you want are the unit and items classnames that has been asked for time and again in this thread and answered at least 2-3 times already....Checkout SavageCDN's post on page 65.

Edited by Dr@gon

Does anyone know of any good scenarios or missions created with this mod? One can only play around in the editor for so long, and I'm too terrible at it to make any good missions myself.

;2713358']There´s lotsa good missions featuring CAF mod on steamworkshop' date=' just search a little ;)[/quote']

You mind actually pointing me to some? I've tried searching for "caf" but all of the results involve the "caf aggressor" mod

Don´t search for CAF, "canadians" does the job best -> http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?searchtext=Canadians&childpublishedfileid=0&section=items&appid=107410&browsesort=mostrecent

there are more, but those displayed in this search above are some good examples of CAF usage lol

cheers!

Random suggestion, it may be a little... far fetched. Anyway, well some time ago, a Canadian uniform engineer mentioned having made active Camouflage... Recently (in DEV branch) the VR Entity characters have been added to the game. What does that have to do with anything, well i noticed that up close, the Entities look as iff they are constantly changing, and they are. What if, we made a uniform, that was semi Active. So not 100% active invisible camo, but patches of active camo. This way, sitting still could save your life, and it would be more effective than a Ghillie suit. Just a random thought. You can try it out, place an entity in the Forest. They are clearly visible. But when prone, sort of hide, but are still visible. However, shooting them at night time, any light source that passes by them make them glow in a brighter color.