ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

I'm specifically talking about the soldiers dressed in current issue Tac Vest and combats. I know we're eventually getting new chest rigs and the ECU combats, but I'd like to be able to play with the current generation stuff too.

The issued tac vest is absolute shit and I refuse on principle alone to port that. As it has no place in combat, it has no place in ARMA III. It was approved by NDHQ pions with zero understanding of what is actually required for even basic field use.

Sorry not coming aboard you, just really really hate the damn thing.

Ohally are you sure? Im sure people would love a 2 mag loadout :D..... I totally agree with you though, that thing is absolute garbage.

Keep up the good work guys! You stuff is great!

It's quite simple to use if you have any experience at all in the editor. Read through the manual for ALiVE then check out a few of the demo missions to see how it's done. Adding CAF units is just a matter of replacing BLU_F faction with CAF_TW or CAF_AR in the placement and OPCOM modules. Post in the ALiVE thread if you need more help (sorry for OT).

Where did you find the CAF_TW and CAF_AR faction class names? I couldn't find them anywhere in the mod.

Config viewer in editor - look under cfgGroups (I think)

edit: or maybe CfgFactionClasses

Edited by SavageCDN

Hi guys,

I am trying to add the Chinook to my BTC-Logistics script. I tried with the class name : ch_147f

Doesnt work for me. i am running CAF 1.7.1

Anyone managed to make it work? The scripting seems very straight foward in BTC-Logistics...

If anybody can help me out that would be nice!

Cheers

//Lift
BTC_lift_pilot    = ["B_Helipilot_F"];
BTC_lift          = 1;
BTC_lifted        = 0;
BTC_lift_min_h    = 7;
BTC_lift_max_h    = 12;
BTC_lift_radius   = 3;
BTC_def_hud       = 1;
BTC_def_pip       = 1;
BTC_l_def_veh_pip = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","ch_147F"];
BTC_l_pip_cond    = false;
BTC_cargo_lifted  = objNull;
BTC_Hud_Cond      = false;
BTC_HUD_x         = (SafeZoneW+2*SafeZoneX) - 0.155;//+ 0.045;
BTC_HUD_y         = (SafeZoneH+2*SafeZoneY) + 0.045;
_lift = [] execVM "=BTC=_logistic\=BTC=_lift\=BTC=_lift_init.sqf";
BTC_get_liftable_array =
{
	_chopper = _this select 0;
	_array   = [];
	switch (typeOf _chopper) do
	{
		//MH9
		case "B_Heli_Light_01_F"     : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Quadbike_01_base_F","Strategic"];};
		//PO-30
		case "O_Heli_Light_02_F"     : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Strategic","StaticWeapon","Car"];};
		//UH80
		case "B_Heli_Transport_01_F" : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Strategic","StaticWeapon","Car","Truck","Wheeled_APC","Air","Ship"];};
		//CH49
		case "I_Heli_Transport_02_F" : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Strategic","StaticWeapon","Car","Truck","Wheeled_APC","Tracked_APC","APC_Tracked_01_base_F","APC_Tracked_02_base_F","Air","Ship"];};
		//CHINOOK
		case "ch_147F" : {_array = ["Motorcycle","ReammoBox","ReammoBox_F","Strategic","StaticWeapon","Car","Truck","Wheeled_APC","Tracked_APC","APC_Tracked_01_base_F","APC_Tracked_02_base_F","Air","Ship"];};
	};
	_array
};
};

Hey guys, the collimated reticles are occluded by the front sight on the C7 and C8 using v1.7.1 (latest version on withSix). Is this glitch on my end, or if not is there a fix coming?

Cheers for the hard work

Hey guys, the collimated reticles are occluded by the front sight on the C7 and C8 using v1.7.1 (latest version on withSix). Is this glitch on my end, or if not is there a fix coming?

Cheers for the hard work

If you are talking about the Elcan optics then the 2d Elcan will remove the front iron sites. The Elcan 3d and other 3d scopes in arma will still have the front iron site there. (To make it more realistic). So to answer your question it is sort of the mods fault but arma's fault too, for being too realistic :P. Anyways who know what the future of the mod will bring. As it stands the front iron site will still be there. Hope it helped :)

J.Cook

BagPiperGuy

ArmA Player.

Don't know if you guys had this bug but in the LAV III the commander 's turret cannot move is this a bug ? Thanks

If you are talking about the Elcan optics then the 2d Elcan will remove the front iron sites. The Elcan 3d and other 3d scopes in arma will still have the front iron site there. (To make it more realistic). So to answer your question it is sort of the mods fault but arma's fault too, for being too realistic :P. Anyways who know what the future of the mod will bring. As it stands the front iron site will still be there. Hope it helped :)

J.Cook

BagPiperGuy

ArmA Player.

No, I'm referring to the vanilla optics, specifically the non-magnifying units. Stuff with collimator reticles (projected at infinity - which might be related to the issue).

Don't know if you guys had this bug but in the LAV III the commander 's turret cannot move is this a bug ? Thanks

It is not a bug, the commander optics faces forward only in real life.

No, I'm referring to the vanilla optics, specifically the non-magnifying units. Stuff with collimator reticles (projected at infinity - which might be related to the issue).

Can you take a screenshot to illustrate what you mean...

Cheers,

Nixon

The reticle of the ACO and Holosight is being drawn at a further Z than the front sight tower is what I'm trying to say. I'll take a screenshot this evening though.

I've been able to find the PDF file that contains classnames to the weapons, attachments, clothing, vehicles, ect but have not been able to find the classnames for units ie machinegunner, grenedier, ect. I'm trying to have CAF work in an a.i. recruit script.

Thx again for this great mod!

As a (biased and apologetic) Canadian its surprising the best army mod for ArmA3 is the CAF mod! So professional.. really feels like Im playing as the 'good guys' :)

'Canadian' voices would add a lot to this pack imo. Whenever I watch videos of Canadian troops in action what always gets me is when I hear them talking/yelling orders.. hits home that those are really our guys out there.

Thx again for this great mod!

As a (biased and apologetic) Canadian its surprising the best army mod for ArmA3 is the CAF mod! So professional.. really feels like Im playing as the 'good guys' :)

'Canadian' voices would add a lot to this pack imo. Whenever I watch videos of Canadian troops in action what always gets me is when I hear them talking/yelling orders.. hits home that those are really our guys out there.

"Hein, smoke that motherfuckerrr la-bas, ah?"

"Wilco, Levesque. *bang bang*"

Hello! Here's some quick feedback, if you don't mind.

1. Weapon's quality - can it be brought up to the level of vanilla A3? These, for example: 1, 2, 3, 4.
  2. Weapon handling problem - https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HCzsbaqitaE/UwtoAXAICZI/AAAAAAAAEgs/58fsiS5Axn8/s1270/2014-02-24_00018.jpg
  3. LAV has got some stuff floating: 1, 2.
  4. Glitches: 1, 2, 3.

"Hein, smoke that motherfuckerrr la-bas, ah?"

"Wilco, Levesque. *bang bang*"

Haha something like that.

'Whoa boys, ar'ight Bravo lets move'

'Y'aright boys?'

'Fack boys get that M72 out'

Just need a lot of 'boys' being thrown out. Its similar but so much different and distinct to American combat videos/voices you may be used to seeing.

Idk if its possible for them to mod the voices even? Would be cool though.

L0ckAndL0ad Ive been using CAF units for a while now and have never even noticed those nitpicks you are pointing out. Good eye though.

I use MCC for some of my missions. And a small problem occurs when I try to use the 3d editor to put in the CH-147 Chinook.. Its not there. The Ch146 Griffons are there but not the 147. Could be a problem with MCC just wanted to let you and other people know whom may have the same problem. Great work! Keep it up!

BagPiperGuy

Haha something like that.

'Whoa boys, ar'ight Bravo lets move'

'Y'aright boys?'

'Fack boys get that M72 out'

Just need a lot of 'boys' being thrown out. Its similar but so much different and distinct to American combat videos/voices you may be used to seeing.

Idk if its possible for them to mod the voices even? Would be cool though.

L0ckAndL0ad Ive been using CAF units for a while now and have never even noticed those nitpicks you are pointing out. Good eye though.

And one completely incomprehensible maritimer voice too. I'm not even going to try to type up an example; if you live in Canada you know what I mean.

Any updates guys?

dont ask for updates. they will tell us if they have an update to share. :)

Anyone knows the faction name to use for ALiVE?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it through a second search... it's CAF_AR

I actually wrote CAF_AR on my mission and I didn't even know it lol.

Edited by JDFreeSoul

Hello! Here's some quick feedback, if you don't mind.

1. Weapon's quality - can it be brought up to the level of vanilla A3? These, for example: 1, 2, 3, 4.

What exactly are you pointing out here?

What exactly are you pointing out here?

That quality of weapons is seriously lower than in vanilla A3.