ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

I love the mod, however I noticed a few errors in terms of textures and naming. For one, the "Leopard C2 (circa 2035)" is not at all related to the Leopard 1 tank (the Leopard C2 is an upgraded Leopard 1A3 with a Leopard 1A5 turret, a new fire control system, and MEXAS composite addon armour). The MBT-52 Kuma is actually a Leopard 2 Revolution (which is an upgrade package developed by Rhienmetall for the Leopard 2A4). Canada uses a tank very similar to the Leopard 2 Revolution, called the Leopard 2A4M CAN, which is an upgraded form of the Leopard 2A4 with addon composite armor, rear-mounted slat armor (around the engine compartment), and (on the versions used in Afghanistan) camouflage netting. Thus, I would suggest that you rename the "Leopard C2" to the Leopard 2A4M CAN. Also, the LAV III's texture is too light; it should be a darker, more foresty green.

I love the mod, however I noticed a few errors in terms of textures and naming. For one, the "Leopard C2 (circa 2035)" is not at all related to the Leopard 1 tank (the Leopard C2 is an upgraded Leopard 1A3 with a Leopard 1A5 turret, a new fire control system, and MEXAS composite addon armour). The MBT-52 Kuma is actually a Leopard 2 Revolution (which is an upgrade package developed by Rhienmetall for the Leopard 2A4). Canada uses a tank very similar to the Leopard 2 Revolution, called the Leopard 2A4M CAN, which is an upgraded form of the Leopard 2A4 with addon composite armor, rear-mounted slat armor (around the engine compartment), and (on the versions used in Afghanistan) camouflage netting. Thus, I would suggest that you rename the "Leopard C2" to the Leopard 2A4M CAN. Also, the LAV III's texture is too light; it should be a darker, more foresty green.

we are developing a Leopard 2 a6M which is what is actually used, again its a place holder. thank any how.

Edited by Ohally

Is it possible to spawn the Griffon's with the main cabin door open?

While I'm doing it,

I'm adding firing modes to the C9 and C6 based on "gas settings"

traditionally gas settings are used when the gun become gummed up or is in adverse conditions such as the arctic

I've done it anyhow, mostly for show

C6 will now have 3 gas settings, C9 will have 2

Each affects the cyclic rate of fire of the weapon.

It's a cool little effect even though it has very little usage in game (for now)

While I'm doing it,

I'm adding firing modes to the C9 and C6 based on "gas settings"

traditionally gas settings are used when the gun become gummed up or is in adverse conditions such as the arctic

I've done it anyhow, mostly for show

C6 will now have 3 gas settings, C9 will have 2

Each affects the cyclic rate of fire of the weapon.

It's a cool little effect even though it has very little usage in game (for now)

Very cool!

Hey Ohally, are you going to post the CAF ALIVE mission( you´ve mentioned some pages ago) here, in the ALIVE thread, steam workshop, or both??? Anxious to play with it... nice addition the CAF_Agressors, BTW!

cheers!

;2609820']Hey Ohally' date=' are you going to post the [b']CAF ALIVE mission[/b]( you´ve mentioned some pages ago) here, in the ALIVE thread, steam workshop, or both??? Anxious to play with it... nice addition the CAF_Agressors, BTW!

cheers!

the entire Aggressors pack was from concept to release in under a week, alot of stuff got backburnerd. its still in the works

Can we see this action again in future? :D??

I am working on Hardcoding a similar function into the chinook. It's a way down the line in the project.

Trying to use the JTF units from the Canadian Forces Mod in Alive does anyone know what the JTF classname is for the OPCOM?

Edited by FlyByNight

trying to use the jtf units from the canadian forces mod in alive does anyone know what the jtf classname is for the opcom?

cansofcom

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

it may have to be in caps, now that alive supports spec ops groups i will be fixing it to be more user friendly

cansofcom

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

it may have to be in caps, now that alive supports spec ops groups i will be fixing it to be more user friendly

Thank you

Bad news

Somehow, last night my C and D (and P) drives decided to shit out everything on themselves.. so I have to rebuild all on my modding folders. could be a while before the next update....

Shit man -- that sucks. Definitely makes me consider starting an off-box backup of my important stuff right now.

Here is a dumb question:

How do you get the AI to properly use the chinook? I can't get them to lower the ramp when they do a transport unload -- ideally I'd want the ramp to lower a few seconds before landing to ensure pathing establishes itself correctly. Everyone becomes stuck inside and then they die when it takes off again.

In the interest of keeping you all in the know, here is,

Another Quick update:

We had originally planned a 1.8 release but have since trashed that plan in favor of a stronger 2.0 release.

2.0 will feature a large number of fixes for existing bugs and errors as well as some new vehicles.

If anyone here is good with mission making (specifically ALIVE) please PM me as I do not have time to put together missions to compliment the mod.

Cheers,

Thanks for the news update Ohally.

I appreciate all the work the CAF team does and graciously shares with the community. I don't know where you guys find the time since very few mod teams rivial you guys for volume of output and quality.

I look forward to your next mod update (2.0).

Hey guys, love the mod! I'm a current serving Canadian Artillery Officer and love playing using your mod. Do you have any plans on porting over (with better graphics) the CAF mod you guys had with ARMA 2? I'm specifically talking about the soldiers dressed in current issue Tac Vest and combats. I know we're eventually getting new chest rigs and the ECU combats, but I'd like to be able to play with the current generation stuff too. Anyways just a question, thanks.

Whoa thanks a lot for this mod pack.. superb quality. I use it all the time in my missions.. I like rollin' as a Recce team while my boys in LAVs rumble along beside me.

Does anyone else have issues with the launcher ammo boxes? (both LAW and Carl Gustav)

I can never access these launchers.. always get an error and the box shows up empty or only with ammo. They work fine when I spawn with one (other than the TMR Mods disposable thing that turns it into a PCML)

Thx again!

Hey guys, love the mod! I'm a current serving Canadian Artillery Officer and love playing using your mod. Do you have any plans on porting over (with better graphics) the CAF mod you guys had with ARMA 2? I'm specifically talking about the soldiers dressed in current issue Tac Vest and combats. I know we're eventually getting new chest rigs and the ECU combats, but I'd like to be able to play with the current generation stuff too. Anyways just a question, thanks.

The reason the equipment hasn't come over is because for Arma2, units and gear were modeled together as one. For A3, its separate. It requires some modelling and finesse to pull equipment off soldiers. It may be a project I attempt in the future but will take time.

I stand corrected. It will -never- be coming over.