ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Hi Ohally,

"Randomization scripts will now detect players and stop randomization."

Just for clarification, randomization is stopped for "player" detected but not "playable"? More specifically in MP if a person is controlling an avatar then there is no randomization but if the AI is controlling a "playable" avatar then there is randomization?

I hope that made sense.

thanks

Hi Ohally,

"Randomization scripts will now detect players and stop randomization."

Just for clarification, randomization is stopped for "player" detected but not "playable"? More specifically in MP if a person is controlling an avatar then there is no randomization but if the AI is controlling a "playable" avatar then there is randomization?

I hope that made sense.

thanks

Scenario 1:

Mission with 8 playable slots, AI Enabled

All "AI" occupied slots when the mission launches will randomize appearance, all player occupied slots will be exempt

If a player joins in progress, the init for the unit is already executed, thus randomization has already taken place.

Scenario 2:

Co-op Mission with 8 playable slots, AI Disabled

Even after mission is launched as players join they will be exempt from randomization.

Does that clarify?

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

In update notes, I've made a script for the helicopters, it will now detect gunner positions and apply door gunner kits, such as dust masks and different vests.

Well quick update:

Randomization scripts will now detect players and stop randomization.

M2 Carl Gustav has been overhauled, new optic and is better zeroed (within 5m)

M72 and 84mm Rockets now facing the correct way.

Still trying to fix the wheel error that's been reported (and experienced by me) ****FIXED****!!!

May be adding a few new toys in the very near future, I'll keep you all posted.

Outstanding! Thank you very much! :)

I haven't read the whole thread (oof, 53 pages) to see if this has been covered already, but I'm having issues getting my AI units to disembark from the CH147 Base. Most will get hung up near the bay door, but eventually get out with some coaxing. The last two units, however, appear get stuck while trying to exit via the right gunner door. Has anyone run into this before? Is AI/SP outside the scope of this mod?

*Edit: stuck AI behaviour appears to not be limited to disembarking via the right gunner aperture, seems to happen to both sides.

Edited by superfluid

Update 1.7 Teaser

Lennards Leopard C2 (circa 2035) reskin is coming to a battle space near you! 100% ALIVE compatible groups included:

th_arma32014-01-2115-58-19-64_zps0b355b2b.jpg th_arma32014-01-2115-57-38-83_zps388a4911.jpg

It's my birthday today so my mood is good, thus means 1.7 should be coming to your TODAY

Full list of features and changes posted soon

Edited by Ohally

Update 1.7 Teaser

Lennards Leopard C2 (circa 2035) reskin is coming to a battle space near you! 100% ALIVE compatible groups included:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/CAFv1-7/th_arma32014-01-2115-58-19-64_zps0b355b2b.jpg http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/CAFv1-7/th_arma32014-01-2115-57-38-83_zps388a4911.jpg

It's my birthday today so my mood is good, thus means 1.7 should be coming to your TODAY

Happy B-day! Although looks like we are getting the gift. :)

Update 1.7 Teaser

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/CAFv1-7/th_arma32014-01-2115-58-19-64_zps0b355b2b.jpg http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/CAFv1-7/th_arma32014-01-2115-57-38-83_zps388a4911.jpg

Happy birthday Ohally! And we get the gifts, you´re such a filantropist lol (waiting to see Alive missions featuring CAF)

;2604544']Happy birthday Ohally! And we get the gifts' date=' you´re such a filantropist lol (waiting to see Alive missions featuring CAF)[/quote']

I talked to ARJay, I will be making an ALIVE mission using CAF for them to put up on their site. It will also be hosted publically on at least one server. Stand by for more.

P.S. 1.7 is uploading now:

Changes:

Fixed all known issues from 1.5

M2 Carl Gustav and M72 A6 Rockets no longer fly sideways

New 3 X Scope (for 84) optics

Randomization no longer executes on players

CH-146 and CH-147F doors gunners now get proper helmets

Dispersion values and rates of fire tweaked on all weapons to more accurate to real life standards

Leopard C2 (circa 2035) added + groups

CH-147F seating no staggers properly, unknown if AI in/out is fixed yet

And maybe some stuff i forgot

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

Changes

*Fixed all known 1.5 errors

*Fixed M72 and M2 84mm Rockets

*Fixed CH-147F seating (no longer fills right side first.)

*Added new 3 X Scope (from A2OA Samples)

*Added Leopard C2 (circa 2035) Lennards Reskin

*Added proper helmets on all door gunners (randomized)

*Tweaked all small arms dispersion and rates of fire

*Tweaked Randomization scripts to skip player controlled units

HOW TO:

Simply extract files to your ARMA 3 main directory and over write when prompted.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( Ohally ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hi,

New since CAF 1.7 installed.

It seems that the 84 Gunner causes the game to crash not long after initializing.

I remove the 84 Gunner and everything is fine, add the Gunner and game crashes.

Hi,

I'm now getting frequent game crashes when I pick up the Carl - G from a crate and then switch to 3rd person view. If I'm in 3rd person view and then pick it up I don't seem to get the crash. I've had about 8 such crashes last night testing it out. Never had a Arma 3 crash before. Very bizarre. Only message I'm getting is that the game has stopped responding.

Canadian Armed Forces 1.7 up since a few.

@caf.png

Ohally; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

Canadian Armed Forces 1.7 up since a few.

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@caf.png

Ohally; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

Roger will do.

Claimed, not sure on how to push updates to it though. can you pm me the details?

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Hi,

I'm now getting frequent game crashes when I pick up the Carl - G from a crate and then switch to 3rd person view. If I'm in 3rd person view and then pick it up I don't seem to get the crash. I've had about 8 such crashes last night testing it out. Never had a Arma 3 crash before. Very bizarre. Only message I'm getting is that the game has stopped responding.

I am aware of this issue. For now you must ensure you pick up the launcher before the ammo. It's an issue with the game "autoloading" the launcher. I think it has to do with the modelSpecial portions for the magazines. Actively trying to fix.

Edited by Ohally

*Added Leopard C2 (circa 2035) Lennards Reskin

whats different in the normal leopard and the 2035 version

HOT FIX HOT FIX HOT FIX!!!

Fixed Carl Gustav Crashes (after reading through dozens of .rpt files!!)

DOWNLOAD HERE

To install, extract to ARMA 3 main directory and allow overwrite!!

Requires @CAF 1.7 available on the first page of this thread (MUST INSTAL 1.7 FIRST!!!!)

overwrites caf_CarlG.pbo

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

whats different in the normal leopard and the 2035 version

well first google Leopard C2

Then look at the pictures compared to the ARMA 3 version. That's the most obvious differences.

The reason I call it (circa 2035) is because it is more a place holder then anything as our current Leopard C2s do not and likely never will have an RWS system, or the futuristic armour placed on the ARMA 3 ones.

I've been following this mod since Arma 2. Really appreciate all the effort put forth, it's beyond cool to play ones own home country and in ALiVE no less.

Thanks!

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Ohally) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I appreciate the work gone into the mod and thanks for the quick hotfix.

It is great that the mod is shared with the community and the amount of effort that goes into it.

thanks

Thanks for the continued updates and the ALiVE compatibilty

What if i just want the chinook, not all the rest of the stuff??

I only want the chinook, and not all the rest of this canadian stuff, is there an option to have it seperate??