ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

you could delay your init by simply placing
 sleep 10; 

before your kit you wish to carry

That should allow the randomization to run, then overwrite with your custom loadout.

I am going to examine the PROs/CONs of having the randomization scripts detect if it's a player and not execute.

As for errors, noted and to be fixed in upcoming updates. The proxy shouldn't be an issue, I will simply re-route to an existing A3 proxy (that is a muzzle flash) and the wheels I am uncertain of, get it with the MH-9 as well. Will examine and remedy.

Thanks for the fast reply Ohally, much appreciated. My group had to revert back to version 1.1 (Playwithsix) because it seemed to have caused a huge number of errors on many things that have nothing to do with the @caf mod such as the ghosthawk "heli_attack_b" or something to that effect. As soon as we reverted back all the errors on the server went away. I'll try to make a specific list in the next day or so if I can.

Edit: Tried the sleep 10; code with no luck, still forcing random. :(

Also noted: M72 now flys sideways.

Edited by Wispy

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( Ohally ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

PS: its not really clear what version this new update now exactly is. First you state you will upload v1.51 but when posting the update and updating the first page you refer to it as 1.5.

Seeing how (if I understood this correct) you added additional fixes I assume this is version 1.51 and I have updated Armaholic as such.

Hi Ohally,

I reinstalled the latest patch as suggested (in the mean time you released a fix for some other minor issues unrelated to those I reported).

I still get the same error. Previous mission won't load because it says it is dependent on deleted content namely the c7a2 and c9a2 (note: not c8a3). I have 11 missions where I use CAF and I discovered that only a few of them (including the mission default template I use) won't load but others are fine. If I place the c7a2 and c9a2 files from CAF_11 into the CAF_15 addon folder everything works fine.

thanks

Hi Ohally,

I reinstalled the latest patch as suggested (in the mean time you released a fix for some other minor issues unrelated to those I reported).

I still get the same error. Previous mission won't load because it says it is dependent on deleted content namely the c7a2 and c9a2 (note: not c8a3). I have 11 missions where I use CAF and I discovered that only a few of them (including the mission default template I use) won't load but others are fine. If I place the c7a2 and c9a2 files from CAF_11 into the CAF_15 addon folder everything works fine.

thanks

Can you send me one of the non working mission .sqm files

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

The fancy AR-10T rifle has an improper handanim, its stub cut deep into soilder's shoulder.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3425286547513006447/0134383AADCE7C8E585C6D7578BFBFB01B633C7A/

I know, all of the weapons do this, right now, If I pull the weapon away, then when prone the weapon is almost a foot away from the shoulder. been searching for a fix but this is very very very low on the list of priorities.

Thanks for the info ;)

Delayed:

*CF-188 Hornet - for good reason, I am working with John Spartan to implement his load out scripts and other functions

Ok, thats cool. The loadout scripts/functions are a great feature.

The Canadian Flag on the Heli-Pilot uniform is upside down

jVsCHIBS35QHr.png

Edited by Tuskin38

How do you apply the updates? Do you merge and replace the old files or have 3 different @CAF folders, each one with one of the versions?

How do I install? Is each patch like a mod, with own folder, and then activate all 3 of them, or install the patches as subfolders within the main cfa folder? Or in the same folder? I´m confused, armaholic explains about the mods, but not mods with patches. I don´t trust play with six, would someone plz clarify?

HOW TO INSTALL

**This has been posted with each patch if any of you went back about 2 pages......

Extract each Patch to your main ARMA 3 Directory and allow it to merge / overwrite when prompted.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

I cannot load my missions maybe because of the new weapons version.

caf_c7a2, caf_c9a2

Thanks.

Send me your mission.sqm, other wsie I can not help as I do not have this issue at all.

Ref "CAF_C7A2" "CAF_C9A2" errors!!

Somewhere down the line the cfgPatches for each got _fix added.

This is the Hot Fix. I will be uploading @CAF v 1.7 as a FULL and STABLE version. There will be some minor additions to 1.5 but mostly it will be aimed at packaging 1.0, .1.1, and 1.5 into 1 download.

Cheers,

P.S. Sorry for the delay, I got the mission.sqm files while I was out drinking, took a bit to focus and read then cross reference.

Link again,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7eh4yna591yhad/HOT_FIX.7z

To instal:

Extract to ARMA 3/@CAF/addons

Overwrite when prompted

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( Ohally ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Yes thank you for the patch, the c7 and c9 are working and my missions load without the error. The mod just keeps getting better and better; more content and improvements.

I noticed that the JTF2 guys don't have the randomize feature which I think is good since IMHO they are most likely to have custom load outs and uniforms by mission makers. I wonder, if it isn't too much trouble, if there can be a parameter/switch that can be added to the Infantry INIT that will turn off the randomize feature for specific units in some future release?

thanks

Don't know what is problem but can't see chinook at MCC

Can spawn in editor but can't spawn by using MCC

Kgino, that´s probably a classname issue (the Canadian chinook has a classname prefix diferent of the Griffon), but you can spawn it with VVS (Virtual Vehicle Spawner)... just stumbled with this issue yesterday =/ (which I circunvented using VVS)

Loved the 3D Elcan, hope to see the ASDG rail support soon, so we all can use the 3D ELCAN in other weapons (like the ADF rifles) and use FHQ´s ACOG on the C8 ;D

cheers!

I'm examining a few avenues for the unit randomization. First attempt will be having the script cancel if the unit is a player.

Joint rails compatability is in the works. First drafts should be out soon

Chinook will be changing class name to caf_ch147f in next release

I don't plan on adding randomization to jtf2 units. However if I do I will make a variable to disable the randomization for mission makers. (Possibly just a module that needs to be placed down)

There is quite a lot more in the pipes for the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm examining a few avenues for the unit randomization. First attempt will be having the script cancel if the unit is a player.

Thank you for the quick hotfix, very much appreciated. It's still killing me though that my player can't start customized properly anymore. :) I've been looking in PBO manger to find where to change that part but can't seem to find it. I can see the random.sqf files but not what's pointing to them. Would you be able to mention what file they are in or how easiest to kill that part until player randomization is changed?

After the latest patch the only loading errors we are getting are the "zaslesh1" for the LAVIII and the "wheels" for the Griffons.

Edited by Wispy

Hi, does this mod have any Faction classname?

I just want to use Canadian soldiers in ALIVE Mod.

I got a question, could the Woodland Camo pattern be scaled down? Right now it just seems too big. Especially compared to the Arid Camo.

Wikipedia has a image you could possibly re-purpose into a camo pattern

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/CADPAT_digital_camouflage_pattern_%28Temperate_Woodland_variant%29.jpg

Edited by Tuskin38

Great mod however I'm having a few issues. I have installed all of the patches plus the hotfix but if I place any of the air frames including the default ones in the editor and click preview I get the following error.

"No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/B_Heli_Attack_01_F.Wheels'." or "No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/RCAF_CH14_B_F.Wheels'."

Is this a known issue or have I done something wrong?

Update!

I did a fresh install and tested each release and this error pops up after I coping in the files from @CAF_v1.51. I have also tried coping in the two files from @CAF_HOT_FIX but the error still appears

Edited by R4IDER

Great mod however I'm having a few issues. I have installed all of the patches plus the hotfix but if I place any of the air frames including the default ones in the editor and click preview I get the following error.

"No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/B_Heli_Attack_01_F.Wheels'." or "No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/RCAF_CH14_B_F.Wheels'."

Is this a known issue or have I done something wrong?

Update!

I did a fresh install and tested each release and this error pops up after I coping in the files from @CAF_v1.51. I have also tried coping in the two files from @CAF_HOT_FIX but the error still appears

My group also gets the same errors. Everything seems to still work but you will always get that loading error the first time you start.

Well quick update:

Randomization scripts will now detect players and stop randomization.

M2 Carl Gustav has been overhauled, new optic and is better zeroed (within 5m)

M72 and 84mm Rockets now facing the correct way.

Still trying to fix the wheel error that's been reported (and experienced by me) ****FIXED****!!!

May be adding a few new toys in the very near future, I'll keep you all posted.

Edited by Ohally

Well quick update:

Randomization scripts will now detect players and stop randomization.

M2 Carl Gustav has been overhauled, new optic and is better zeroed (within 5m)

M72 and 84mm Rockets now facing the correct way.

Still trying to fix the wheel error that's been reported (and experienced by me) ****FIXED****!!!

May be adding a few new toys in the very near future, I'll keep you all posted.

Sounds good, looking forward to the update thanks.