ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Awesome work Nixon, can't wait for them ( I have to recognize that the previous ones were a bit deficient IMHO ) :)

I thought Canada's F/A-18's are the early A and B models, same as the Australians?

I think we actually use the F/A-18 F, not the F/A-18 A or B. I believe we used to have them though

Great looking guns! I hope to see camo variants in the works too.

I think we actually use the F/A-18 F, not the F/A-18 A or B. I believe we used to have them though

F's are only used by the US and Australia. ;)

Great looking guns! I hope to see camo variants in the works too.

F's are only used by the US and Australia. ;)

Not for the moment, I have other projects ATM.

Some new screenshots of the C6 GPMG and also a variant of the C9A2 (green top cover)

e716.jpg

ud4b.jpg

wxx4.jpg

oaph.jpg

zh3j.jpg

First of all thank you for all your hard work on this mod, looking fantastic! :)

I am having an issue though. Everytime I open my inventory for the first time in a mission I get this message; "Picture equip\w\w_caf_core\equipment\army\data\inv\mnvg_ca.pac.paa not found". Everything seems to be working ok, I can't tell what picture isn't loading. Maybe an NVG?

Also the M72 crate is empty, but if I recall I saw a message somewhere that this was a known issue?

Edit: It is the NVG causing the problem.

Edited by Wispy

Well i have to say I'm not familiar with Canadian army,but this mod is great and I'm using your M110 rifles in my squad and all my mates love itï¼

Hey, looks like you guys still have that issue with stock-faction tracers from a while ago. The one where factions have apparently random selections for tracer colours.

Hey, looks like you guys still have that issue with stock-faction tracers from a while ago. The one where factions have apparently random selections for tracer colours.

If your refering to the helicopters, it's fixed for 1.5

If your refering to the rifles use "30rnd_556x45_NATO" not the default BIS ones.

Well in the spirit of getting the thread back on topic;

The new updates are great. I enjoy being fed periodic updates to add to the mod. A large release with the majority of content with several smaller releases like we've been getting keeps it interesting.

I look forward to more vehicles and armour eventually as well as the CSOR release. The JTF2 guys have been great and the latest set of camo weapons made my day. The CADPAT that was updated since the initial Arma3 CAF release is much better, less bright and blends on the maps better (By the way th31u40rg0t CADPAT has been consistently rated one of the best camo patterns today the US Marines own MarPat was inspired by it and it started a digital pattern trend world wide. I'm no history major just a wiki reader lol).

Edited by Dr@gon

Version 1.5 WILL be released today with the following:

fixes:

*Chinook fixes for most of the issues being posted here and few other (too many to list)

*M72A6 - sound reduction to avoid cf98s from those with high bass settings and the dropped tubes will no longer bounce, can now be adjusted between 100-300 meters

*Griffon - multiple fixes to class names etc

Tweaks:

*randomization of infantry gear (helmets, uniforms, backpacks)

*High Res textures for small arms (C7, C6, C8, C9)

*Groups are now out of CAF_Groups for easier updating and organization

Added:

*New sounds for all weapons from JSRS Arma 2 (with permissions) fully compatible with JSRS A3

*LAV 3 ISC - currently only one variant for public testing and feed back. we will be adding Engineer variants down the road and Desert camo variants as well

*Mechanized Groups - LAV Sections Fully ALIVE compatible

*3D Elcan

Delayed:

*CF-188 Hornet - for good reason, I am working with John Spartan to implement his load out scripts and other functions

*joint rails compatibility should be coming soon

I am packing up and cleaning files as you are reading this, expect upload and link in the next few hours.

Hopefully I can get the class lists updated today

Ohhhh yeaaaahhhhh

Also Thank You for making my request for better weapon textures true! :D

** Class Names will be provided in the docs, it has been updated.

ALSO There will likely be a Invade and Annex Game Mode up and running, filter CAF for servers

If demand is high enough an ALIVE mission will be made and hosted / provided for download.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Version 1.5 (class names included in PDF)

Simply extract to your ARMA 3 directory and allow it to merge / overwrite existing files.

DOWNLOAD 1.5- Requires 1.0 & 1.1

Edited by Ohally

The 3d elcans do not seem to be working. Also anytime you load in with a CAF unit it gives a cfg error about the 3d elcan.

The 3d elcans do not seem to be working. Also anytime you load in with a CAF unit it gives a cfg error about the 3d elcan.

That's only with the LAV 3 on the map

The elcan may not be listed as compatible, I will check and try to have a hot fix out tomorrow after work.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( Ohally ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hi I got the 3d elcan error also.

Additionally, when loading a previous mission I got cannot load because the C7a2 and C9a2 files have been deleted. They were actually overwritten when I applied the patch.

Hi I got the 3d elcan error also.

Additionally, when loading a previous mission I got cannot load because the C7a2 and C9a2 files have been deleted. They were actually overwritten when I applied the patch.

Strange. The 3D ELCAN issues I am working on, as for the mission, I don't know what could be causing that, your download may have been corrupted, I recommend re-install 1.5

Version 1.51 is being uploaded now

Will fix:

3D ELCAN now compatible with C7, C8, C9

C6 now ONLY compatible with TWS MG

Jerry Cans on LAV 3 Turret now rotate with the Turret

No more Elcan Error!!

Also M72A6 rockets now have drop, I just noticed a bit of an issue with it.. I am working on fixing it before I fully release the fixes.

Added:

ATVs in both OD and Tan

Coming tonight!

Edited by Ohally

Thank you for the update, love the M72 fixes. Having a serious issue with the randomization though. I have my player set to start with certain items but the randomization is overriding my init script. IE- I want to start with a boonie cap on and a helmet in my ruck. But the randomization puts a random helmet on and random pack no matter what I do, and the boonie won't load on my player at all. Can I kill the randomization somehow?

Edit:

loading error:

caf_ch146_f.wheels

caf_bison\zasleh1_proxy.p3d

Edited by Wispy

you could delay your init by simply placing

sleep 10; 

before your kit you wish to carry

That should allow the randomization to run, then overwrite with your custom loadout.

I am going to examine the PROs/CONs of having the randomization scripts detect if it's a player and not execute.

As for errors, noted and to be fixed in upcoming updates. The proxy shouldn't be an issue, I will simply re-route to an existing A3 proxy (that is a muzzle flash) and the wheels I am uncertain of, get it with the MH-9 as well. Will examine and remedy.