ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

logo_very_small_zps66fec088.png

I'm hammering away at the next CAF update along with the rest of the team. So far the new update will be as follows:

Added:

-CG634 Helmets with netting and scrim kits

-Radio Headset added to all Helmets

-Proper Inventory image for Cadpat Ruck

-Sight adjustment to 3X Scope (84mm)

-New UI images for group tabs (Section Comander, 2IC)

-Camp Flags for all Regular Force Combat Arms

-Flags of the Provinces and Territories

Fixed:

-Most (if not all) reload sounds and animations

-Weapon zeroing on rifles and machine guns

-84mm rocket (still in progress)

Tweaked:

-Configs for caf_faction (kits, classes)

-Classnames of all weapons now CAF_WeaponName

-Gear Classnames now CAF_itemName

Planned:

-Black boots on TW

-AN/PVS-14 MNVG - Pending completion and textures

-JTF2 Units (no new kit required just mixing it up a bit

-HLVW (re-tex of ind transport)

-Some more vanilla vest re-textures (chest rig, Ind vest)

-Berets for Regular Force Infantry units (PPCLI, R22eR, RCR)

-LAV III (postponed to v 1.0 (pending tons of work)

-Back up sights for rifles (needs to be built first)

-Showcase Missions for Infantry (need volunteers for mission making)

-New Showcase Videos

Is making the C79 a 3d scope possible? You said you'd do it before but I see it isn't mentioned in your update.

And I guess brown boots are confirmed a no-go?

Is making the C79 a 3d scope possible? You said you'd do it before but I see it isn't mentioned in your update.

And I guess brown boots are confirmed a no-go?

Yes the 3D Elcan is a planned feature and currently in development.

And the brown boots are kyboshed. They fall apart after 1 week of light use. From what I'm hearing they are staying with MK4 black boots for the near future.

I am looking forward to the new updates, sounds like a lot of work was put in.

How far away are the Berets and JTF2 Units? As far as the JTF2 goes I'm most eager to see the tags in game so the units are identified as SpecOps I don't care terribly if their gear is different at this point.

thanks for the progress update.

I am looking forward to the new updates, sounds like a lot of work was put in.

How far away are the Berets and JTF2 Units? As far as the JTF2 goes I'm most eager to see the tags in game so the units are identified as SpecOps I don't care terribly if their gear is different at this point.

thanks for the progress update.

The logo for them in the group "cards" will be this:

jtf2logo6ax.jpg

As for berets, there is a bit of work yet in the way of getting the textures and mapping right, its more of a taking the time then complication issue.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Should also mention snipers (Ghillie Suits) are also going to be in the release with 2 man spotter sniper teams both arid and temperate. There likely will not be a Tac 50 and C14 just yet.

Hi Ohally,

Another few questions;

1) are there going to be compatible silencers for the rifles.

2) you mentioned changing the classnames, is that going to break existing content created using the old weapons?

3) any plans for Maroon and Tan Berets in the future?

4) does the Canadian Armed Forces use a half head helmet at all? If so any CADPAT variants planned? (not interested in fictional kit only if it is used).

thanks

Edited by Dr@gon

Nice modification Ohally ! ;)

Hi Ohally,

Another few questions;

1) are there going to be compatible silencers for the rifles.

2) you mentioned changing the classnames, is that going to break existing content created using the old weapons?

3) any plans for Maroon and Tan Berets in the future?

4) does the Canadian Armed Forces use a half head helmet at all? If so any CADPAT variants planned? (not interested in fictional kit only if it is used).

thanks

1) Yes for the C8 only though

2) Yes it will, sorry but it has been requested by other modders

3) Yes both in fact

4) Please provide an image of what you mean by "half head"

Your Welcome

4) Please provide an image of what you mean by "half head";

Here are a couple of examples of what I was referring to.

Helmet-delta%20protec%202.jpg

helmet-TC-2001-1.jpg

Well personally, considering the full release of Arma 3 is less then a month away I just as soon wait to make sure the mod (any mod really) works after release.

Remember how much third party stuff broke after Alpha went to Beta, I'd expect the same thing going to full game version.

I've held off installing any new mods since the release date was announced.

Well personally, considering the full release of Arma 3 is less then a month away I just as soon wait to make sure the mod (any mod really) works after release.

Remember how much third party stuff broke after Alpha went to Beta, I'd expect the same thing going to full game version.

I've held off installing any new mods since the release date was announced.

Thanks for the notice! I really like the CAF seeing that I am also from Canada :)

I'll be sitting and waiting for an update when the game is released :)

Expect a significant update in the first weeks of the full game release, mainly minor tweaks and fixes to go from beta to full. followed *fingers crossed* quickly by some land vehicle releases, likely to include:

LAV III

BISON AMB / HQ

G-WAGON

No promises on timeline for vehicles, lots to be done on everything before it's deserving of the community.

Expect a significant update in the first weeks of the full game release, mainly minor tweaks and fixes to go from beta to full. followed *fingers crossed* quickly by some land vehicle releases, likely to include:

LAV III

BISON AMB / HQ

G-WAGON

No promises on timeline for vehicles, lots to be done on everything before it's deserving of the community.

Sounds really nice. Could we get any prev pic about them?

Any idea when we could expect the JTF2 and CSOR units? Thanks for the great mod!The unit im in uses this and we love it!

IX-TaskForce www.ix-taskforce.com @ACE @ACRE, @CAF @ONS

Edited by n71fs

I find myself really looking forward to the latest updates to the Canadian Armed Forces Mod.

The new promised content (over time) along with the Leopard II tank and Griffons helicopters (I hope) will provide the basis for a whole Canadian Campaign.

I prefer to play the Grenadier but I find the GL in Canadian Weapons mod to be difficult to aim, more so then the standard in-game GL, is there a key to using that weapon system?

Also, in Arma II I found the 5.56 ammo to be quite weak needing 3-4 hits to take down an enemy but it seemed that the ONS mod had better damage although also 5.56, were the Canadian Weapons causing more damage in Arma II then the in-game 5.56? Will that carry over into Arma III? I like the idea of the 6.5 in Arma III, so far I'm finding the 5.56 to be weak especially when enemy body armour is taken into account.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Any idea when we could expect the JTF2 and CSOR units? Thanks for the great mod!The unit im in uses this and we love it!

IX-TaskForce www.ix-taskforce.com @ACE @ACRE, @CAF @ONS

Yes that would be excellent. Assaulter kit would be very cool but I imagine it may be difficult to get accurate information on them given how secretive the Canadian SpecOps community is.

Many, many years ago when I served (early 1980's), the Recce guys and Airborne Regiment Pathfinders got to train with UK SAS on occasion. We always thought the Recce guys back then were scary dudes.

I've been making improvised Special Forces-like units by mix and matching some of the CADPAT equipment. Only issue I find is that all the clothing and vests are in such pristine condition, not a speck of dirt. Looks fine for regular troops, but felt that special forces teams that have been behind enemy lines, or in theater for a long time would look better with more dirt, sweat, and general wear and tear.

But been loving and using them anyhow. Been in plenty of my missions, and my pre-saved go-to unit that I use is a custom special forces CADPAT soldier. Great work!

Quick update on the pack progress:

At this time we are standing by for full release as we are likely to encounter a number of issues with the pack when this happens. Mostly in the class names department for a lot of the gear as we just changed the uniforms over to the IND base.

Once we have sorted out any bugs coming from the full release we will push an update consisting of the current content from the ALPHA releases. (Infantry and Weapons)

The BISON AMBULANCE is underway and will likely be making an appearance in testing in the near future, hopefully shortly after it will be out to the community.

The LAV III is undergoing an overhaul and will be delayed for a bit but is a top priority.

Hoping to add the Browning High Power and a C8A3 with RIS system with the ground work for some CSOR units is also in the wings.

We have added dirt and sweat to the uniforms to make them appear more "battle worn" and adjusted some variables to better represent the effects of 5.56 against body armour.

The Leopard 2 A6 is also in the works and should be in testing stages in the coming weeks.

The update will include some changes to the ELCAN Battle Sights reducing the high angle the eye position was at originally and fixing some floating parts on the rear prongs.

That's all for now.

Quick update on the pack progress:

At this time we are standing by for full release as we are likely to encounter a number of issues with the pack when this happens. Mostly in the class names department for a lot of the gear as we just changed the uniforms over to the IND base.

Once we have sorted out any bugs coming from the full release we will push an update consisting of the current content from the ALPHA releases. (Infantry and Weapons)

The BISON AMBULANCE is underway and will likely be making an appearance in testing in the near future, hopefully shortly after it will be out to the community.

The LAV III is undergoing an overhaul and will be delayed for a bit but is a top priority.

Hoping to add the Browning High Power and a C8A3 with RIS system with the ground work for some CSOR units is also in the wings.

We have added dirt and sweat to the uniforms to make them appear more "battle worn" and adjusted some variables to better represent the effects of 5.56 against body armour.

The Leopard 2 A6 is also in the works and should be in testing stages in the coming weeks.

The update will include some changes to the ELCAN Battle Sights reducing the high angle the eye position was at originally and fixing some floating parts on the rear prongs.

That's all for now.

Extremely Excited for the LAV III and CSOR Units. Just curious why the switch over to IND. Great work keep it up!

:)

We have added dirt and sweat to the uniforms to make them appear more "battle worn" ...

Very cool guys! Looking forward to using them for some nice special operations type troops. Good luck for the launch.

Here are a couple of images for the new TW kits and uniforms:

th_arma32013-09-1112-32-46-18_zps2ed21caf.png th_arma32013-09-1112-33-47-98_zpsc5af5335.png

I'll post some Arid ones later.

Extremely Excited for the LAV III and CSOR Units. Just curious why the switch over to IND. Great work keep it up!

:)

We switch to IND because the uniforms and vests reflect modern day kit. It fits the unit more appropriately.

Thanks for the pix. Definitely "pops" less than current version. Can't wait to try em out! Arid pix would also be appreciated.