ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Really cool stuff, great job!

Couple of kinks I've noticed

-The sights on the rifles (not the ones on top of the elcan, the ones you get if you unattach the elcan completely) are not aligned; they're way too low (easy to see with NV goggles + IR laser, the laser is accurate, and points quite a bit higher than the sights).

-Elevation (pg up/down) on the M203 doesn't do anything. On vanilla's GLs, it moves the reticule up and down when you adjust for range.

-As stated above, Medic class (only tested TW) defaults with a MX rifle, amd no ammo for it.

Really cool stuff, great job!

Couple of kinks I've noticed

-The sights on the rifles (not the ones on top of the elcan, the ones you get if you unattach the elcan completely) are not aligned; they're way too low (easy to see with NV goggles + IR laser, the laser is accurate, and points quite a bit higher than the sights).

-Elevation (pg up/down) on the M203 doesn't do anything. On vanilla's GLs, it moves the reticule up and down when you adjust for range.

-As stated above, Medic class (only tested TW) defaults with a MX rifle, amd no ammo for it.

I'm aware of the carry handle issue, will be fixed in next update, working on GL sights but having some minor hicups. Medic class is fixed for next update.

Hey Ohally, I've noticed today while making customized loadouts with your weapons that trying to put the holosight on the C9 crashes my game 50% of the time. Any ideas on that?

Additionally, I've noticed that the weapons placement in the characters hands is off. Your hands clip through the weapon at the pistol grip on almost all weapons.

Edited by MacScottie

Hey Ohally, I've noticed today while making customized loadouts with your weapons that trying to put the holosight on the C9 crashes my game 50% of the time. Any ideas on that?

Additionally, I've noticed that the weapons placement in the characters hands is off. Your hands clip through the weapon at the pistol grip on almost all weapons.

Thanks for the heads up on the holo sight, I'll look into. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that could or would cause that.

As for the hand animations, I am aware. I belive it's an issue with the default weapons being sized differently in length. The team is working on getting some custom ones done, hopefully for the next update.

Cheers

Thanks for all the time and effort. Community modding is sometimes a thankless task, but this Canadian is really excited to see modern CAF equipment being added to Arma3.

Sorry to ask a newbie question, but what's the fastest way to get a mission up and running with these weapons and gear available? I've added the CBA3 mod and a HUD mod, so I know how to add mods, and I know how to download missions, but how would I get a mission running with this equipment available?

I can see from one of the posts a few pages back the various names for equipment that I presume you can add into an editor - please be gentle, I'm completely new to modding in Arma3 but would love to try out this Canadian equipment.

Edited by Kozure

There are ammo boxes found in the editor under empty. All Canadian units are found under bluefor/Canadian Army/ Men AR or TW

Thanks for the kind regards.

Managed to kit out a section in the editor and tried the weapons out. Nice work! Everything looks pretty good.

A few notes:

1. I get the error message "cannot load texture cf_tex_weapons\c8\c8a2_co.paa" when I start the editor preview for the first time. All the weapons are working, so not sure what to do about that. I did notice that the C8 seems to have a "caf_c8a3.pbo" file in the addons subfolder of the CAF directory, not a C8A2. Not sure if that matters or is related...

2. With the 203 attachment on the C7 or C8, the head does not position itself relative to the GL site in right click mode. It looks "above" the ELCAN sights. Having not used 203 sights in combination with the C7 or C8 in real life, I'm unsure if this is intentional or something that's going to be looked at in the future. You can still "eyeball" the aimpoint by lining up the target beside the range markers on the GL sight, but it's not the same functionality as the GL launchers in Arma3, where the head position moves to sight along the weapon sight for the GL.

Whoops - noticed this above:

working on GL sights but having some minor hicups.

Sorry to repeat - probably already working on it.

3. After the M72 is fired it shows "used" and you drop it automatically when switching back to the primary weapon (rifle). This seems correct and a nice touch.

Love the sounds, by the way.

Edited by Kozure

Nice job guys!

do you plan to release the Leopard 2a4M also?

182C813B500275D63D0882

Here is a peek at the next update, scheduled for 1 week from tomorrow:

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Nice job guys!

do you plan to release the Leopard 2a4M also?

http://cfile205.uf.daum.net/image/182C813B500275D63D0882

L2A6M http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/tank/Leopard2/Leopard2A6M_Canada_02.jpg (864 kB)

Photos.... Eventually. Vehicles won't likely appear until A3 Beta.

Edited by Ohally

Here is a peek at the next update, scheduled for 1 week from tomorrow:

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

L2A6M http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/tank/Leopard2/Leopard2A6M_Canada_02.jpg (864 kB)

Photos.... Eventually. Vehicles won't likely appear until A3 Beta.

How many "styles" of the tank will you have? Such as having one with cam nets draped over it as seen here:

and will you be adding a model with reactive armor? Or will you be sticking with the simple cage around it?

Besides the GL sights, at least with the C7A2 GL, when you use the rifle itself with an ELCAN sight, it's not visible. Judging by how when I switch to ironsights on the top of the elcan and it shows the insides of the weapon, somehow I think this is because the ELCAN is misplaced inside the firearm.

Also, though this seems to be a bug among many mods, dropping your fatigues still leaves them on the body, but with nothing in the gear slot.

Besides the bugs, is the C6 supposed to also take up the launcher slot, and be unable to fit optics? Seemed strange, as I thought the original ELCAN was designed for the FN MAG. I'm guessing the thing making launchers impossible is a throwback to ArmA 2?

Otherwise, looking good. Can't wait to see vehicles coming.

Besides the GL sights, at least with the C7A2 GL, when you use the rifle itself with an ELCAN sight, it's not visible. Judging by how when I switch to ironsights on the top of the elcan and it shows the insides of the weapon, somehow I think this is because the ELCAN is misplaced inside the firearm.

Also, though this seems to be a bug among many mods, dropping your fatigues still leaves them on the body, but with nothing in the gear slot.

Besides the bugs, is the C6 supposed to also take up the launcher slot, and be unable to fit optics? Seemed strange, as I thought the original ELCAN was designed for the FN MAG. I'm guessing the thing making launchers impossible is a throwback to ArmA 2?

Otherwise, looking good. Can't wait to see vehicles coming.

C7A2 had major bugs, but is fixed and will be fixed in next update. 203 sights are still driving me mad.

C6 is supposed to take up both as in real life it is a heavy weapon and you wouldn't carry AT with it. It also has no rail system (in Canada) and as such cannot mount sights.

The Original ELCAN was designed for rifles then adapted onto the FN MAG.

The uniforms are too bright, Love the mod though, my community uses it in its mod pack.

C7A2 had major bugs, but is fixed and will be fixed in next update. 203 sights are still driving me mad.

C6 is supposed to take up both as in real life it is a heavy weapon and you wouldn't carry AT with it. It also has no rail system (in Canada) and as such cannot mount sights.

The Original ELCAN was designed for rifles then adapted onto the FN MAG.

Any possibility that we could pretend in 20 years the CAF will have procured rails/optics for the C6?

The uniforms are too bright, Love the mod though, my community uses it in its mod pack.

That's the default BIS rvmat causing the shine. working on a fix however that's a bug report you should send off the BIS

Any possibility that we could pretend in 20 years the CAF will have procured rails/optics for the C6?

I'm pretty sure this mod is supposed to take place in present day and not 20 years from now.

My focus right now is bringing the CF as it is now and will be in 10 years into ARMA 3.

As for the C6 with rails, seems kinda null and void, a machine gun is an area weapon system not a sniper rifle. The C9 is good with optics as it's max effective range is 600m but the C6 commonly engages at 800m plus, even if you did have a scope, you wouldn't see 60-80% of your beaten zone through it.

Likely someone will release a M240G with rails and you could always use that instead if you really need optics on a machine gun.

That's the default BIS rvmat causing the shine. working on a fix however that's a bug report you should send off the BIS

The most recent ALPHA update fixes this problem.

Any plans for the Iron sights on the C7 and C8 for when the scope is taken off? Since i thought they had a build in one before the scope.

Any plans for the Iron sights on the C7 and C8 for when the scope is taken off? Since i thought they had a build in one before the scope.

Dude it is called google.

The C7 (which you are talking about) was retired in the 90s.

Have you even downloaded the freaking pack? if you had you'd be aware of the "carry_handle" which is iron sights that comes with it already.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but thus far you have added zero in way of productive or even intelligent input to this conversation. ARMA 3 is in ALPHA state, as such certain features of CAF are not available due to the game being, as mentioned, ALPHA. Please keep your posts to either:

a) bugs you have found on the current release

b) constructive criticism

I am not going to cater this pack to any individual, as a serving member this is something close to my heart and I will depict the CF realistically, and professionally.

Nice mod so far. After a try out session i got some errors. I will post them in a spoiler as copy right from the rpt file.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_tex_weapons\c8\c8a2_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\detailmaps\metal_detail_dt.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_as.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_smdi.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_tex_weapons\env_land_co.paa.

Nice mod so far. After a try out session i got some errors. I will post them in a spoiler as copy right from the rpt file.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_tex_weapons\c8\c8a2_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\detailmaps\metal_detail_dt.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_as.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_rvmat_weapons\c8\c8a2_smdi.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture cf_tex_weapons\env_land_co.paa.

Thanks! I'm almost certain I've solved all of these for today's update.