ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

http://theebu.com/images/a3/sc5.bmp (4219 kB)

A look at the arid re tex of the plate carrier. Also done in TW, changes are being made to the strap colours and dump pouch to tan/ olive respectively.

C6 GPMG is in game and working like a dream. Screens coming soon...

I would rather play with these modern canucks then with the future unbelievable U.S. Army that is in the game. That is using Israeli tanks and cancelled helicopters with small arms the U.S. Army would never use to begin with.

I cannot possibly contain my excitement!!! :yay:

Public Release in 1 Week of Infantry and *fingers crossed* Small Arms including the GPMG, C9, C7, C8 (Maybe Browning High Power)

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

C6 GPMG (Available in HD)

C6_Gunner_zps79ed5182.png

C9A2 LMG (Also in HD)

C9_Gunner_zpsf3c555db.png

Public Release in 1 Week of Infantry and *fingers crossed* Small Arms including the GPMG, C9, C7, C8 (Maybe Browning High Power)

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I'm in love with the sounds of these weapons. They will definitely increase the immersion during firefights.

Great work guys. Love some of the Canadian kit.

Just remember for the love of god to get rid of the Arma 3 default shiny cloths.

Just remember for the love of god to get rid of the Arma 3 default shiny cloths.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that right now. Believe me when I say I've tried. This will be a fix later on down the road.

Edited by theebu

Really great work so far guys, I cannot believe how quickly your work has progressed so far. Down the road do you plan on including vehicles?

Really great work so far guys, I cannot believe how quickly your work has progressed so far. Down the road do you plan on including vehicles?

We most likely won't release any vehicles until the Beta as there's likely many changes coming to the vehicles in alpha.

The sounds in my opinion are way too loud but this is looking awesome! Great job so far.

I'm just curious. Are the guys going to apologize after each kill?

iJake

If you have nothing productive to add to a discussion, please consider moving on without posting. I would suggest having a look over the forum rules you agreed to when you created your account.

A DISPOSABLE unguided rocket launcher?

You have made my day.

I've got two questions for this mod:

1.) Will the textures and possibly models get better over time?

2.) What is the estimated size for the for the mod with all the units and vehicles?

M72A6 looks great. The sounds are a little weird to me though, the 'reload' sound when prepping the weapon seems unnaturally loud (esp. for being in 3rd person).

You could always give the Canadian Forces a little newer tech. I know we're not a military that needs to stay current, but will we likely be using a relic of the Vietnam War in 2035? Give them the SMAW instead of the LAW. Or an attack helicopter, like the Apache.

Still, if it's meant to be a mod depicting the CF as they are right at this moment, it's quite good.

You could always give the Canadian Forces a little newer tech. I know we're not a military that needs to stay current, but will we likely be using a relic of the Vietnam War in 2035? Give them the SMAW instead of the LAW. Or an attack helicopter, like the Apache.

Still, if it's meant to be a mod depicting the CF as they are right at this moment, it's quite good.

The mod maker can make whatever he wants, of course. I don't think the CF will ever have a dedicated attack helicopter, though. If the need arises I'd imagine they would make due with an armed medium helicopter. Though, with the conservatives in power and pushing this ridiculous stealth fighter agenda, who knows. I guess it depends if Boeing shows up to parliament with a suitcase of cash big enough.

They could twist reality just a bit and use the CH 148 Cyclone as a transport chopper, replacing the Griffin.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-148_Cyclone

This project is looking great! I figured Canadian Forces would be a bit slow to make their way into A3, but damn was I wrong! Keep up the great work, I may message you guys later down the road to help where I can :cool:

Edited by Khaki

Can't express how excited I am to see this. Good luck

iJake

If you have nothing productive to add to a discussion, please consider moving on without posting. I would suggest having a look over the forum rules you agreed to when you created your account.

Max, I'm pretty sure he was just making a light hearted joke.

The M72 is a good weapon for light tasks such as soft armour, bunkers, and (if your good enough) aircraft. It is redundant to replace a disposable, light wight AT system with a SMAAW or similar. The Gustav will be making an appearance, it's actually next on my list.

CAF is designed to represent the most likely end state of the Canadian Forces in 2035. For example the LAV III is being extended until 2035 in real life, so it will be in game, however the Coyote is not so we are leaving it out for the TAPV.

Attack helos are unlikely. No discussion has been made IRL regarding them publicly, at least none showing intent to buy. Thus we will not be adding one.

At this time however the focus is the infantry and it's weapons.

We've used the C6 GPMG since the 50s, and it has never done us wrong, why fix what aint broke. who's to say that doesn't apply to other weapons?

I'm happy to see so much positive fed back on the mod so far. you'll be happy to hear we are well on track to our expected Friday release of the Infantry and Weapons in an ALPHA state (please remember that). We will do our best to ensure everything meets and if possible exceeds the current standards of the ARMA 3 ALPHA.

Cheers.

Can't express how excited I am to see this. Good luck

Max, I'm pretty sure he was just making a light hearted joke.

Regardless, irony can't be detected over the internet, and posts without any substance are considered spam. If someone makes an offensive comment and then gets in trouble for it, the logical excuse is 'I was only joking'.

Futhermore, if you read the forum rules you agreed to when you joined, you would note that public discussion of forum moderation is prohibited. Next time you have a comment on my moderating practices please PM me.

Edited by Max Power