Sign in to follow this  
chrizzo

How thris Restriction Zone Module works?

Hey, anyone knows how this restriction zone module works in arma3? Normally i can use a trigger do let someone die who is entering this zone. (but trigger dont work this time hmm)

But how work this modul? I synchronzied it with this units they should not enter, but nothing goes on.

Any suggestions?

Hey, anyone knows how this restriction zone module works in arma3? Normally i can use a trigger do let someone die who is entering this zone. (but trigger dont work this time hmm)

But how work this modul? I synchronzied it with this units they should not enter, but nothing goes on.

Any suggestions?

me too I would like to know this , the old ZORA metod doesn't work anymore

Place the module and synchronise with the units.

Then place markers with one of the following names accordingly:

• BIS_restriction
  • BIS_restriction_west
  • BIS_restriction_east
  • BIS_restriction_resistance
  • BIS_restriction_civilian

These must be either a rectangle or an ellipse.

If you need more than one area per faction, append "_i" to the names, where i is an increasing number starting with 1.

Hope this helps.

I can confirm that the module DOES NOT WORK for BIS_restriction. I just want a single PVP zone that everybody stays inside but it does not work.

Thank you for that example file Tyra, I've been staring at the module for an hour now, trying to figure out how to get it to work. Your setup works perfectly.

In case the file goes down;

- place the zone restriction module on the map

- place a marker with the name BIS_restriction

- place units

- click the chains icon in the options bar to the left

- link all units that need to be kept inside or outside (invert borders or not option in the module) of the zone created by the BIS_restriction marker

- set a custom hint e.g.

hint "hint text goes here"

- custom script to kill the player

_this setdammage 1

Edited by LeYuno

Does not work for me.

A unit is synched to the module (all default settings) and there is a marker called BIS_restriction.

The area of zone restriction itself seems to have no function, the true restricted area is the area of the trigger which is synchronized to it.

Even the example mission does not work. The zone will always kill the player even if you start outside and never enter.

having problems with inverted borders = yes, when someone walks outside the zone they dont die.

I've just been trying the example given by tyra and my soldier dies no whether he is placed inside or outside the marker area.

I have the same situation here. The message comes up immediately and my player dies whether he is inside the zone or outside.

Maybe its not working as designed since the full release?

Place the zone restriction module, place a trigger, sync the trigger to the module, the trigger should be blufor/opfor/indep present.

This module only fires once at the start of the mission. It works fine until a player dies. After the players respawn the zone restriction is gone. Anyone know how to get it to continue working after players respawn?

This module only fires once at the start of the mission. It works fine until a player dies. After the players respawn the zone restriction is gone. Anyone know how to get it to continue working after players respawn?

I am having the exact same issue. Does anyone have a solution to this?

wubbers

Hey,
I recently had a lot of issues working this out too. Using one of the links on this thread and many other sources I finally got it working. I posted a video on my Youtube channel which demonstrates how to use the Zone Restriction Module. If you have it working, then great but for those who still need some help, here it is.

EDIT: Old way is no longer working, please use this new tutorial for Zone Restrictions! 

Hope it helps! :) :) :)

Is the issue that the modul stops working after respawn finally fixed ?

Is the issue that the modul stops working after respawn finally fixed ?

I believe so. I'll have to do some investigating.