and some cool turret options that were considered:

-4x Kornet setup

http://i.ucrazy.ru/files/i/2011.11.1/99138340_001.jpg

http://army.lv/large-photos/btr-90.34576.jpg

-wheeled SPG

http://www.vestnik-rm.ru/userfiles/btr125mm_2(2).jpg

EDIT:

The 4x Kornet ATGM setup is called "Berezhok" (Бережок) and is infact a module

that can be installed on a BMP-2 or BTR-90 (since the default one uses a BMP-2 turret)

http://sdelanounas.ru/i/c/z/a/f_czAxNC5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2kzMjYvMTAxMi8zZi9lNmY5MWM1YzU4NjguanBn.jpeg

http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/sites/default/files/gallery/s.gurov/12/09/06/img_8950.jpg

http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/sites/default/files/gallery/s.gurov/12/09/06/img_8946.jpg

Edited by Bars91

I really like the rpg-7 in this mod pack but I don't think it's as deadly as it should be.

I am trying to change the stats on it so that it's just a little bit more potent but I am stuck.

I have managed to extract the config.bin and convert it to a .cpp but any attempts to edit it and stuff it back into a pbo triggers a end of file error when I try to launch. This coupled on top of the fact that I don't know what to add to the cpp to make the weapon more deadly.

I am using

ArmaUnPBO to get the .bin

ArmaUnbin to get the .cpp

Don't know how to get the .cpp back into a .bin file.

BinPBO to make the pbo (get errors when i try to binarize)

If someone could help me out with this and tell me what I am doing wrong I would be thankful.

BTR is really OP in this mod. I suppose you must check it and change some parameters xD I have use 3 rockets, with rocket launcher TITAN, against it, and it can resists all damage. In vanilla game you need only 2 rockets (at most) to destroy a TANK. So it is the "big" problem that I have found in this mod, the rest is all OK and really nice.

My Data:

-BTR vs Titan compact = Need 3 - 4 missiles to kill it

-BTR vs RPG Alamut = Need 4 rockets to kill him

If you're gonna create a BTR really resistant, becouse you want use it like transport, at last delete the turret.

I hope this feedback could be usefull

Greetings guys

Edited by SlaySoft

I really like the rpg-7 in this mod pack but I don't think it's as deadly as it should be.

I am trying to change the stats on it so that it's just a little bit more potent but I am stuck.

I have managed to extract the config.bin and convert it to a .cpp but any attempts to edit it and stuff it back into a pbo triggers a end of file error when I try to launch. This coupled on top of the fact that I don't know what to add to the cpp to make the weapon more deadly.

I am using

ArmaUnPBO to get the .bin

ArmaUnbin to get the .cpp

Don't know how to get the .cpp back into a .bin file.

BinPBO to make the pbo (get errors when i try to binarize)

If someone could help me out with this and tell me what I am doing wrong I would be thankful.

You don't need to binarize the cpp file really. Just uncheck the binarize check option in binpbo to get by the errors.

Hi Sudden, I love the mod but I'd just like to point out that the Surpat medic doesn't have a medikit at the moment.

I would love you if you used the Arma 2 Russian radio protocol in this mod. It is out there for free now!!! I hate when they speak English, even with an accent :/ Great mod though! Good work!

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Yeah, it ruined one of my missions because it destroys the M-ATV in one hit

I would love you if you used the Arma 2 Russian radio protocol in this mod. It is out there for free now!!! I hate when they speak English, even with an accent :/ Great mod though! Good work!

That's exactly what I'm working on at the moment. :-)) And I'm close to the finish line.

I don't think that M-ATV is supposed to hold 40mm rounds, but I will review the BTR's armor/hit values in the next update.

Edited by sudden

Hi again!

I've started to create a campaign using the russians like main characters vs OTAN (YEAH, I m tired to play always against RUSSIANS). I have found some bug, while I was testing/developing the missions, that I hope you can fix them. This is the list at the moment:

1-TEAM LEADER: GRENADES DISABLES: I have created a playable squad where I took the team leader role. This character has a bug that disable grenades, I mean that, although you have smoke or HE grenades in your bag, in the HUD (where you can look your ammo) you cant see and use them. You press G (default key) and the PJ doesn't throw any grenade. I have checked Medic, AT soldier and Rifleman roles and they can use it, so this bug affects to the team leader.

2-PENETRATION OF BULLETS: At the moment in this mod you need more bullets, than BLUFOR weapons, to kill a soldier (with body armor). For example to kill a simple OTAN riflemen I need shoot in the chest, with the AK 107 GP25, alround 7 bullets; however using MX 6,5mm you can do this with only 4 bullets. Im not expert in ballistics but I think, in general, the russians weapons are a bit disbalanced opposite BLUFOR.

3-AMMO BOX RUS (mini-bug): You can take all from the AMMO BOX but you CANT save anything in it. If you take a new scope, for example, you cant save your default scope in the BOX, only you must drop it in the floor. I know it is not a "GREAT BUG" but if you can fix, it would be nice :)

4-BTR-100; MUCH ARMOR (I talked to it in another post, but I ll add in this list). BTR 100 is really resistance against rockets and missiles. It is needed alround 3-5 rockets/missiles to destroy it. In vanilla game you can destroy a tank with 2 missiles. I suppose you need check armor values

I hope this feedback would be nice for you. I will report all new issues that I could find in the mod.

Any chance on getting these guys to use balaclavas from the hidden identity pack? Just to mirror the russians in the Ukraine right now

I would hope this mod kept as few dependencies as possible. Besides, maybe in 2035 they removed balaclavas again for PR reasons or something.

I would hope this mod kept as few dependencies as possible. Besides, maybe in 2035 they removed balaclavas again for PR reasons or something.

Agree, anyway the balaclavas can be added with scripts.

If we could see a vest like a flak jacket or maybe just the vest that the AAF uses, that would be great. They are much more bulky in real life.

Just wanted to say great work, I absolutely love the mod! I can't believe Russia wasn't included in some way in the main game as the world map shows them as an important power bloc.

Anyway, I agree with the general consensus here the mod is still obviously in progress but we still need some uniform modification and of course our VDV/Black Sea Marines :D

Also, for the Air Force Roundel on the Ka-60, shouldn't Russia use the new one with the blue outline between the red and white of the star? I could be wrong about this, but I think that is in use for the VVS right now (it might still be just proposed). Either way, outstanding work!

Hey, guys, thank you very much for your feedback.

I have now switched to my new East vs West mod that is devoted to Operation Flashpoint.

Russians mod will also be updated, but not many new things will be implemented. I have found myself enjoying good old gameplay style much more than that new suppapuppa-high-tech stuff.

Sorry.

Another "bug": RUS Termical Scope is bugged. When you use it and press "N" to change termical mode then you cant quit termical mode.

It sad that you cant develop more new things ;( this mod is amazing. At least I hope you fix the bugs that it was reported

Greetings : - )

Another "bug": RUS Termical Scope is bugged. When you use it and press "N" to change termical mode then you cant quit termical mode.

It sad that you cant develop more new things ;( this mod is amazing. At least I hope you fix the bugs that it was reported

It's an old bug that you have non-thermal view. Not being able to quit it is fine, since that's the only mode.

I will probably, but later. Now I'm deep into World in Conflict thing! ;-)))

Thermal bug is ARMA3 bug, not mine. Every scope that has thermal vision only (like Goshawk has in real life) starts with no thermal vison, but once you press N, it's on.

There's no thermal bug on arma 3. I'm tested right now. I can change form thermal, inverse thermal. Works fine.

Right now on the russians mod is the thermal vision in the gosthawk sigths is that I cannot remove the thermal vision and change to normal, the thermal is active every time.

There's no thermal bug on arma 3. I'm tested right now. I can change form thermal, inverse thermal. Works fine.

Right now on the russians mod is the thermal vision in the gosthawk sigths is that I cannot remove the thermal vision and change to normal, the thermal is active every time.

You don't understand. If you create a non-switchable optics with Thermal Vision (there is no such optics in vanilla Arma3), it behaves like this. Goshawk is supposed to be Thermal Vision only.

Obviously I dont undertand.

You say this:

"Thermal bug is ARMA3 bug, not mine." speaking about thermal optics and now you say this.

"Goshawk is supposed to be Thermal Vision only." and that is a realistic behavior for this thermal sights.

Realistic behavior for a thermal optics that runs with a battery.. is ever be permanent on?.

I don't think so but is your mod.

But there's no bug on arma 3 using thermal optics neither.

I can't say for sure how thermal optics work, but I would imagine that they do so by taking whatever portion of (infrared?) light that we can't see and is emitted by hot objects, then using that information to display an image on a computer screen; thus the energy usage needed by a battery, and would simply show a black screen if there was no battery power. It would make sense that this is the reason why specifications for thermal scopes often have a resolution given.

Realistic behaviour for a thermal sight, from what I understand and from what Sudden is saying about the Goshawk, is that there is a permanent thermal sight state with no normal-vision optic, similar to how the Goshawk was in Arma 2 (Both vanilla and with realism addons like ACE). The fact that the sight displays a normal, zoomed image initially is the bug he is referring to.

---

By the way, great job with your addons, Sudden; I especially love the infantry uniforms in East vs West. As a potential suggestion, perhaps it would be neat if it were possible to have a compatibility addon which allows attachments from your AK-74ms, SVDs, etc, to work on your East vs West AK-74s?

No.

I served on my contry as a military for 2 years and I can speak about this with my own expertise.

All the thermal/night/etc vision sights have the option to disable at least. This is done so not to turn their sights on useless under adverse conditions.

Right now all the common thermal sights are digital and use batteries.

http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=196

http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=144

And usually the battery runs over 3-5 hours.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

However I will not keep this discussion any longer, since the author of the mod itself is not interested in and have other interests.

No.

I served on my contry as a military for 2 years and I can speak about this with my own expertise.

All the thermal/night/etc vision sights have the option to disable at least. This is done so not to turn their sights on useless under adverse conditions.

Right now all the common thermal sights are digital and use batteries.

http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=196

http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=144

And usually the battery runs over 3-5 hours.

You are wrong. Both Goshawk and Shahin use microbolometer technology with germanium optics an hence are IR only IRL, which you've been told about several times.

Data sheets in Russian: http://www.cyclone-jsc.ru/index.php/ru/pritsely.html

Edited by DarkWanderer