I think even the Russian community would be disappointed if there were no Russian "enemies" in a Bohemia game ;)

Hmm .... I can not do anything with the Russians on the independent Side "too".

For me, the Russians belong to the Opfor-Side.

Please dont get me wrong !

I just can not imagine a better Enemy as the Russians . (The Iranians are "Limp Dicks") :nerner:

Is it possible to write a config. to put the Russians to the Opfor-Side?

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

I just can not imagine a better Enemy as the Russians .

And that's how the propaganda works. Period. Have you ever thought about how Russians feel about being the Best Enemy in the World? :-)))

Is it possible to write a config. to put the Russians to the Opfor-Side?

Of course. But this doesn't make any sense, actually. Any real big war against Russia will be the last war that Earth will ever see. All this beautiful rifles and machine guns, high tech equipment... you don't need it as long as you have a red button in a black suitcase. So the only real scenario I can imagine is the war againts terror where countries like US, EU and Russia belong to one side.

And that's how the propaganda works. Period. Have you ever thought about how Russians feel about being the Best Enemy in the World? :-)))

Of course. But this doesn't make any sense, actually. Any real big war against Russia will be the last war that Earth will ever see. All this beautiful rifles and machine guns, high tech equipment... you don't need it as long as you have a red button in a black suitcase. So the only real scenario I can imagine is the war againts terror where countries like US, EU and Russia belong to one side.

твои Ñлова, да богу в уши)))

Fully agree. If in nearly any military game out there, you have russians as the "bad" guys, opfor, red etc by russophobic media. This no matter what, stuck in your brain for ever, and you automaticaly assossiate russians as "the enemies", in games, movies, or even in real life. Btw, i'm about to open a thread at BI, why the US being the good guys again and in other games stuff. But i'm afraid there might be to much heat.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

you can't be wrong here, cause you see us russians, represented as the "bad guys" "enemies", nearly everywhere.

I want to spark a political Discussion. But we cant talk about a cooperation of the Russians with U.S.A. or EU.

The Russians block every decisions of the UN Safety Council.

The Russians are also will not press immediately the "red Button".

They have proven it in Afganistan War. Afghanistan is still There ! No nuclear Strike ! No nuclear contamination !

Each nuclear Strike against Europe or the U.S.A., would mean a backlash.

Thats called nuckleare deterrent. And not cooperation as you call it.

So i see actually any sense to put Them to the Opfor-Side.

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

I want to spark a political Discussion. But we cant talk about a cooperation of the Russians with U.S.A. or EU.

The Russians block every decisions of the UN Safety Council.

The Russians will not press immediately the "red Button".

They have proven it in Afganistan War.

So i see actually any sense to put Them to the Opfor-Side

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

oh yeah, but you the U.S for sure will do, as it did in Hiroshima, by atombombing that city after the war has ended.

Now tell me, thats not a good reason, to put U.S on opfor side.

Edited by NeuroFunker

1, You know, it's very easy for you to be judgmental when it's not you who'll have to go off and die in Operation Downfall, isn't it?

2, There's a big difference between the situation when using it means the end of a war, and the situation when using it means the end of the world.

3, No war is over until a declaration of peace has been signed.

4, The Blufor/OpFor system is an American system, designed around, NATO and allies obviously no being the Oppposing Force, thus the belief that NATO should be considered OpFor is rather ignorant and uneducated.

5, You being German should never, ever, never ever in any situation act high and mighty about another country's history.

6, Wrote this before, mistakenly removed it in an edit: Would you consider your posts trolling or spam Neuro? They're hardly on topic.

Edited by scrim

Guys, no politics here, please!

(ST6)Predator, and others, you can always make your own addon, create the models or retexture existing ones and put them wherever you want. If you don't like my addon, just don't play it.

Thanks for the feedback, anyway!

oh yeah, but you the U.S for sure will do, as it did in Hiroshima, by atombombing that city after the war has ended.

Now tell me, thats not a good reason, to put U.S on opfor side.

Why are you talking constantly about the USA?

What America has to do with it ?

What Hiroshima has to do with it ?

Look :

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Thats is what i have written !

Thats my personal opinion and nothing else !

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

Why are you talking constantly about the USA?

What America has to do with it ?

What Hiroshima has to do with it ?

Look :

Thats is what i have written !

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

and for me, the nato/us as opfor, also thats what i've written.

And... Updated to 3.4

*New item: Krechet collimator optic with monocular

*New weapon: RPG-7 for "badguys" with adjustible sights (100-500m)

*New cool hand anims for AK74M, AK105, AK107

*Retextured T100 with 10 random numbers (other vehicles are WIP).

*Fixed sights on rifle grenade launchers (now adjustible from 100 to 400m with a 50m step)

*Random t-shirt textures for "badguys"

*Offroads for "badguys"

*AKMS now accepts optics

Oh my! Oh my! Can I have your babies? :bounce3:

Really awesome! Thank you!

Guys, lets not be so naive, there´s no HERO nation, only heros in the battlefield, from both sides of it... everyone has their agenda, some just look more "humane" than others, but there´s no good guys when it comes to politics... and independet can be set as everyone enemy when you create a mission =P

@Sudden, are you planning including AN-94 and AEKs, and more russian optics? I´m anxious for more vehicles retextures, thou they´re a pain in the arse to do... keep up the great work!

@MistyRonin, so are we going to see more badguys variety on your campaigns? hint hint ;)

cheers

Guys, no politics here, please!

(ST6)Predator, and others, you can always make your own addon, create the models or retexture existing ones and put them wherever you want. If you don't like my addon, just don't play it.

Thanks for the feedback, anyway!

Sudden ! You get me wrong ! I like your Addon very much !

I only asked a simple question !

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

;2543508']@MistyRonin' date=' so are we going to see more badguys variety on your campaigns? hint hint ;)[/quote']

RPG7 is the word! :bounce3:

If in nearly any military game out there, you have russians as the "bad" guys, opfor, red etc by russophobic media.

Though you are right, IMO russian media is not less westernphobic... I tend to follow RT and watch a lot of russian movies... And is exaggerated the manipulation and propaganda against the West ( they depict American as stupid sissies and all western media as completely manipulated against Russia ).

But said that, I don't think that Russians have to be on Opfor, I like having them on Ind ( to me the best option ). I wouldn't even mind to have them on Blufor. BTW Russia defends its interests in the UN security council, the same as the US do.

I'm with Lib, politicians from all nations tend to be all selfish, there are no good guys or bad guys, just depend whats your perspective. And between Russia and US there is a huge cultural difference, which make them really difficult to understand each other.

But both are awesome countries, each one with its own unique features.

Edited by MistyRonin

For me Russia is a vital economical and cultural part of Europe. I absolutely can not see them as an enemy but as an ally against islamic, global terror. During my service time ( in the 80ies that was) I was trained to fight russians tanks and today my son is learning russian at high school....things have changed to the better.

Since Russia is no real enemy but of course plays its own game "green faction" seems to be the most logical ( and interesting) choice for me....

just my two cents :-)

cheers

Sudden ! You get me wrong ! I like your Addon very much !

I only asked a simple question !

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Thank you!

I just don't like all this political sh..t, because in fact we know nothing about what's really going on there.

And for me as a Russian the whole situation is not very comfortable.

If you want, you can always edit the mission.sqm file to change the side of any unit. Also you can create a unit from opfor side, and add other units to it's group. In the init of the opfor unit type deletevehicle this;. When you start the mission, the group will be on the OPFOR side.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

2ALL

Thank you guys. Would love to drink beers with you. ;-))))

Please report bugs here, if you find any.

Peace!

Edited by sudden

Thank you guys. Would love to drink beers with you. ;-))))

Please report bugs here, if you find any.

I've sometimes get the error that can't find this texture: t_v3_co.paa.

Open the editor, add 7 Guerrilla riflemen, one of which as a player, and just test it ( half of the times it appears that error ).

BTW you have at least two beers payed here in Finland ;)

Hey Sudden, shouldn´t the TGP-B attach to AKMS and AKMS-GP? The russian eotech (sorry, I´ve failed to recall its name) with magnification could be toggleable like FHQ´s G33 (thou the model would be stuck on magnifier up as there´s no animation for this toggle), just as a suggestion... love your pack more each update you make! BTW, my name is Ivã and I love all russian stuff (from Flankers and AKs to vodka and soviet and russian movies) ;D

Hope to see PK-A and other new optics in the next update =)

Spasibo!

;2543508']Guys' date=' lets not be so naive, there´s no HERO nation, only heros in the battlefield, from both sides of it... everyone has their agenda, some just look more "humane" than others, but there´s no good guys when it comes to politics... and independet can be set as everyone enemy when you create a mission =P

@Sudden, are you planning including AN-94 and AEKs, and more russian optics? I´m anxious for more vehicles retextures, thou they´re a pain in the arse to do... keep up the great work!

@MistyRonin, so are we going to see more badguys variety on your campaigns? hint hint ;)

cheers[/quote']

yeah, i would like to have AEK's, AN-94, Vintorez and other neat russian tech weapons.

I've sometimes get the error that can't find this texture: t_v3_co.paa.

Open the editor, add 7 Guerrilla riflemen, one of which as a player, and just test it ( half of the times it appears that error ).

BTW you have at least two beers payed here in Finland

There's an error in the randomization script. Will be fixed. Thank you!

Now I have two reasons to visit Finland! :-)))

yeah, i would like to have AEK's, AN-94, Vintorez and other neat russian tech weapons.

Hey Sudden, shouldn´t the TGP-B attach to AKMS and AKMS-GP? The russian eotech (sorry, I´ve failed to recall its name) with magnification could be toggleable like FHQ´s G33 (thou the model would be stuck on magnifier up as there´s no animation for this toggle), just as a suggestion... love your pack more each update you make! BTW, my name is Ivã and I love all russian stuff (from Flankers and AKs to vodka and soviet and russian movies) ;D

Hope to see PK-A and other new optics in the next update =)

Spasibo!

Originally AKMS used a PBS-1 which I also plan to make. The difference is that TGP-B is a supressor that is used with original supersonic ammo, when the PBS-1 is a real silencer which is used with subsonic ammo. "Russian eotech" is called Krechet (Merlin in English) and it's not a holographic sight like Eotech, but a collimator sight. I also thought about switching from magnification to normal view, but my idea was to give the ability to disassemble/assemble the sight to normal Krechet and separate monocular item. I'm thinking about this. :-))) The easiest way would be to make a hole in the monocular so you can just switch between normal and magnified modes. ;-)))

Val and Vintorez are on the way. PK-A... not sure, but we'll see.

5, You being German should never, ever, never ever in any situation act high and mighty about another country's history.

Then, please tell us why? Hitler wasn't even a german and noone of the germans today was one of "his man". So why should we think of it? It wasn't our fault...

Back to topic:

Very nice Addon :) They should definitely stay on the Independent side...The only guys that should be on Opfor side are Talibans and other Terrorists.

Nationalism is cancer. It is only believed in by the uneducated and abused by the power hungry.

So please, stop being butthurt and apologetic about history y'all.

edit: it's nice to be proud of your country and belive that you can do no wrong, but after a certain point it becomes a little self-absorbed.

Him being german does not disprove his point by any means.

Nationalism is cancer. It is only believed in by the uneducated and abused by the power hungry.

I think you confuse concepts.

Nationalism is the political belief that every nation/culture should be governed by itself.

Patriotism is when you support your country actions. ( patriotism exacerbated, is when you blindly belive in them ).

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationalism

Nationalism - a feeling that people have of being loyal to and proud of their country often with the belief that it is better and more important than other countries.

I'm guessing that's what Helari is referring to, though I'm not sure how any of this relates to the mod this thread was made for.

though I'm not sure how any of this relates to the mod this thread was made for.

Hahaha, yeah you're right. I'm afraid we are derailing a bit the main topic of the thread. My apologies.

I'm guessing that's what Helari is referring to

BTW in history/politics circles nationalism is related more to the Nationalism ideology, which is the origin of most of the countries of the world ( specially the ones born post-colonialism ). But true again, nowadays is also used as synonym of patriotism; although I wouldn't say it's a cancer ( the fanatical / extremism view of it is ).

Edited by MistyRonin