So, in this thread user Black Cat found that

Using

- Sudden's Russians

Breaks

- FHQ Accessories pack

Issue

Accessories are no longer placeable on the vanilla guns.

Solution

--------

I guess this is because of the following reason (This is a quote from FHQ Accessories pack thread)? Am I right to think that your config overrides FHQ's one, thus meaning that only his attachments can be added on vanilla weapons?
Venturing a guess, a weapon pack could override the 'Rifle' class WeaponSlotsInfo and add its own attachments there. This would make these attachments usable with the vanilla weapons as well as all weapons that inherit the WeaponSlotsInfo from the default rifle. However, that's a bad idea since it will no longer work when another pack does the same; then it will depend on the order of loading which accessories you can use.
Would a custom config containing both attachments options solve the issue? As a partial solution, would changing the Mod load order (loading yours after Sudden's) make his attachments work on vanilla weapons and not yours?

Yay!

The problem is that there's a global list of compatible devices outside cfgWeapons and it cannot be updated. If you want your optics to be compatible with vanilla weapons, you must create your own list of devices that overrides the previous one. That's why the order of loading mods matters. The only solution to this is to create our own list of popular addon's attachments (here in the forums)?and every addonmaker in the community should add this list to his addon config to make it compatible with the others.

...or hope BIS will create a way to inherit the list.

Would a custom config containing both attachments options solve the issue? As a partial solution, would changing the Mod load order (loading yours after Sudden's) make his attachments work on vanilla weapons and not yours?

Yes you can create a custom config only with this:

class SlotInfo; // External class reference

class CowsSlot: SlotInfo

{

compatibleItems[] = {"optic_Arco", "optic_aco", "optic_ACO_grn", "optic_hamr", "optic_Holosight", "optic_SOS"};

};

and add devices you want to be accessible to the compatibleItems[] array.

Edited by sudden

Do you plan on updating this for the BETA? Most units seem to work as is I believe, but some don't, unless it's an issue on my end.

Sure. I'm now traveling and will be back only at the end of the week. I even haven't seen BETA yet. :-((

Awesome job, Sudden! Thanks for the update! LOL. I wish you were doing the PLA mod, too. The creator's gone AWOL! :(

This is brilliant: My squad will be using this for sure. Thanks!

{Brief introduction as for the rules] Hi armaversefans, Corporal_Lib reporting for duty! Infiltration (UT99) and OPF/Arma123holic since 2003, but just had the guts to write in the foruns by now (no more lurking in the shadows, time to voice my (humble) opinions!

Sudden, love your mod, but I´d have two requests (if you´re still active, haven´t seen you around):

I´ve been using your old mod (.25 version) as it doesn´t conflict with FHQ accessories bonus config, but I would looooove to use the latest (.32) and FHQ alongside... could you please rework your config so the PSO-3 is no longer a generic attachment? (the PSO-3 overwrites FHQ global attachments and even SOS/TWs/etc new BIS scopes)

Secondly, are you planning on modelling a Kobra sight (ACO green is too bland =P)? or PK-A? We (speaking for the community) would really appreciate this ;D

Thanks in advance... or I would say spasibo!

I'm a little bit dissapointed with what a game has become, so I don't feel like making any addons (updates) for now. Sorry.

Strangely OPFOR vehicles doesn't have selections for retextures, but the BLUFOR's do. Oops...

FIA at BLUFOR side, BIS, COME ON!!! We aren't allowed to make missions where NATO kills the guerillas, because now they are on the "right" side nowadays in Libya, Sirya, who's next?

I bet the company will be this kind of story.

Copy&Paste, Copy&Paste, Copy&Paste...

Bye! :-)

I'm a little bit dissapointed with what a game has become, so I don't feel like making any addons (updates) for now. Sorry.

Strangely OPFOR vehicles doesn't have selections for retextures, but the BLUFOR's do. Oops...

FIA at BLUFOR side, BIS, COME ON!!! We aren't allowed to make missions where NATO kills the guerillas, because now they are on the "right" side nowadays in Libya, Sirya, who's next?

Hey Sudden, I know the way BIS handles their features are sometimes quite frustating, but what makes the ArmA franchise a good game is its COMMUNITY, you shouldn´t give up on modding when your "market target" is in fact the community and you have harvested some fans!

Yeah, the lack of hidden selection in many assets sucks, but as far as the FIA issue, you can make missions setting Independent FRIENDLY TO OPFOR or even Independet AGAINST ALL or FIA is set as Blufor? (I haven´t messed with FIA yet, so maybe I´m just BSing =P

Anyway, I´m still fan of your work, just love Russian gear, if you give permission, someone could continue your work or at least fix your configs!

cheers!

Just as frustrated here working on my PLA addon. I know the feeling!

You can actually retexture the OPFOR and Independent APC's now, so at least it's something...

It's sad to hear that, but anyway as a player I want to thank you for your previous efforts.

I don't have any idea about selections ( and BI should work on that urgently ), but about the FIA, that's not true. You have FIA in all three sides, just that in CSAT and in Ind. they are hidden. But you can still use them if you add them in BLUFOR edit the mission and change the first latter of from B to O or I. And then you can save it as many times as you want ( because as it really exists in that side, it doesn't get removed on saving ).

OMW its logical that FIA is in Ind. side by default, as they are against CSAT and AAF. AAF turn sides, so its logical that they stay in Ind.

Why let that concern you - keep in mind the "Arma is a box of Lego's" mindset - mods are for me what makes the game and yours are part of what "makes" this game! :)

I too wish A3 would have just been an A2 continuation. That being said I am not one to play the majority of the built-in content. In fact Chernarus campaign was the last built-in content I played - LOL! I thoroughly enjoy the community content and based on all the content available, I don't think I'm in the minority :)

Update 3.3 is ready. Sorry for ranting. :-)))

*Fixes some issues (now compatible with 1.02)

*Removed global CowSlot settings

*New 6b27 inspired helmets

*New Krechet collimator sights

*Classic "badguys" weapons added (AKM, SVD)

*Added some "terrorists" to the OPFOR side

*PSO-1 optics

*Optic reticles reworked. Now rangefinders on PSOs and 1P29 should work correctly.

Download ~145Mb

Known issues: one of the retextured models have problems with "camo" selection, so the part of AAF flag is always visible. Please vote for fixing that here.

Edited by sudden

большой addon! Thank you for the update :)

I really love the weapons. If you could add a retexture for the T-100 and the Marid, for me it would be the perfect addon.

Edited by MistyRonin

Thanks a lot for update, AKM and SVD could remind me what I'm playing is still ArmA.

And it would be better if you could retexture more cars and armors with the russian camo.