If you haven't stopped on this project, you think you could possibly add VDV units? Nothing crazily new, just patches and a few units with blue berets? Thanks for this btw, can never have too much Russian stuff :D

The last stable branch patch (0.58) broke the sound files for the pack.

All the rifles have no firing sounds any more, making the mod basically broken.

Please let me know if you intend on fixing this, so that I know if we should remove this mod from our mod line.

Please let me know if you intend on fixing this, so that I know if we should remove this mod from our mod line.

Jesus, what an ungrateful bugger you are !

That was not the intent of the message. If it appeared demanding then I apologize to Sudden (to whom it was directed to).

The last stable branch patch (0.58) broke the sound files for the pack.

All the rifles have no firing sounds any more,

Agree having same trouble apparently with all opfor weapons mods i have installed ( chinese, russian )

I found the problem - having the same issue with my Chinese units.

The latest patch modified the sound files (.wav to .wss). Simply change the file extensions for weapon sounds in the config to reflect this and you're good to go :)

@ Daggett : As said by pericuno, the pictures you showed represents less than 1% percent of the russian armed forces (they're not even part of the army, just the interior forces depending on the internal affairs minister...). I first though you were trolling but you may just ignore those details. ;-)

Modern special forces could be that : http://77rus.smugmug.com/Military/Ural-Federal-and-604th-TsSN/i-WZcHtHs/0/O/FederalandTsSNVityaz18.jpg

or modern paratroopers : http://gallery.greedykidz.net/get/951997/sept_2010_VDV_edDSC_5265.jpg?g2_serialNumber=1

and one of the suit that is tested at the moment : http://cdn1.img22.rian.ru/images/91262/01/912620157.jpg

I found the problem - having the same issue with my Chinese units.

The latest patch modified the sound files (.wav to .wss). Simply change the file extensions for weapon sounds in the config to reflect this and you're good to go :)

Thx buddy :))

Or most likely modern Russian army SOF would look like that.

Because in your first link it's exactly

the interior forces depending on the internal affairs minister
The other two examples are correct, though.

@majoris ok i managed to fix the sound files here in the Russian mod by replacing the .wav files to .wss in the Config file but in your mod the images of the weapons and mags disappeared after repacking the pbo 0.o

I know that my first link is from interior forces, it is just linked here to show that interior troops are not massively wearing multicam and uber-eotech-flashlight-fork/spoon-RIS-RAS AK.

The few who wear US style equipment should not (IMHO) be taken as a reference for making a futuristic russian addon in ARMA3.

I really don't understand why US standard should be world standard... there are plenty of other good equipements in the world.

This is the FSB group Alfa Daggett not the regulars
@ Daggett : As said by pericuno, the pictures you showed represents less than 1% percent of the russian armed forces (they're not even part of the army, just the interior forces depending on the internal affairs minister...). I first though you were trolling but you may just ignore those details. ;-)

No, I wasn't trolling. As I said, I could have been wrong, and I was :P

I still like those tactical-tastic AKs (and we need newer AN-PEQs, it's 2030 ffs)

I love this mod but the only thing that bothers me is the non existent recoil.When I use the weapons in MP I feel like I am cheating due to this.Could some work be done to mimic the default weapons in regards to the recoils?

And the next update. Mostly repairing things after BIS. ;-))))

V3.1

*Weapon sounds issues after BIS update v0.5 fixed

*5.45x39 ammo hit value reduced to match BIS 5.65 ammo.

*PBO name changed to SUD_Russians

*classnames changed, addon name changed to SUD_Russians, prefixes added (!)

*Magazines from AK can now be used in RPK and vice versa

*New weapons: AK-74M, AK-74M with GL, KSVK

*New items: 1p29 4x optics, hat, bandana

*New units: Recon Operators, Recon Marksman, Recon Sniper (KSVK)

*New groups: Recon Team, Sniper team

*AmmoBox added

Please note that the addon name, classnames and pbo filename have changed!!!

Don't forget to delete the old one before copying this to the addons folder.

Classnames in readme.txt

Have fun!

Download (~113Mb)

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot7.jpg (539 kB)

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot8.jpg (487 kB)

Edited by sudden

Thanks Sudden - quality as always!

Anyone else have the BIS sniper scope not appear on BIS sniper waepons when used with Sudden's Russians? Using the development branch

thanks

Thanks Sudden - quality as always!

Anyone else have the BIS sniper scope not appear on BIS sniper waepons when used with Sudden's Russians? Using the development branch

thanks

Oops, I forgot to change compatibility list for optics. Repacking the addon, will be ready in no time.

Thanks for the feedback! :redface:

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

2All, please, redownload 3.1 pack using the link in the post above. The issue with sniper optics fixed. ;-)

Oops, I forgot to change compatibility list for optics. Repacking the addon, will be ready in no time.

Thanks for the feedback! :redface:

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

2All, please, redownload 3.1 pack using the link in the post above. The issue with sniper optics fixed. ;-)

Thanks Sudden - keep up the good work. Always look forward to your updates

@sudden: Whoo!

There is nothing to add. :eek: I hope that there will be new updates :)

Great to see the update! I love how the 1p29 sight has the secondary mode to look through the default iron sights, makes the ak74m very enjoyable to use. Thank you for the new items and features you've added :)