Ifrit in plain field green with white numbering.

Jizzin.

Sorry, guys, I'm a little bit stuck. As I promised, I've reworked my weapons to use side-mounted rail when optics is attached and brought back old-style iron sights when there's no optics. But after binarizing new features doesn't work. I'm using animation source hasOptics to hide side-mounted rail when no optics is attached. Waiting for new BinPBO... Any ideas when BIS could release new tools?

Unfortunately I do not know much about binarizing, but couldn't you leave in an unbinarized portion with just the new animations, and have that run alongside the binarized files, at least until the proper tools come out?

Good day dear sudden. Thanks for the mod very much , only with him and play constantly. Sorry for machine translation I badly speak in English. Could You try to paste into your mod still AK-12. Here is the link of the mod on this machine for ARMA 2 OA http://trfs.at.ua/forum/45-102-2 Thanks in advance if things work out I think you most will be very grateful!!!

Good day dear sudden. Thanks for the mod very much , only with him and play constantly. Sorry for machine translation I badly speak in English. Could You try to paste into your mod still AK-12. Here is the link of the mod on this machine for ARMA 2 OA http://trfs.at.ua/forum/45-102-2 Thanks in advance if things work out I think you most will be very grateful!!!

I wish I had a dollar every time someone asks me if I'm going to make an AK-12. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Seriously, I think about making one, but I just can't choose between AK-12 and an upgraded AK74M. The model by gerasimow9 is great, but I don't like how it looks in 1st person view.

I wish I had a dollar every time someone asks me if I'm going to make an AK-12. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Seriously, I think about making one, but I just can't choose between AK-12 and an upgraded AK74M. The model by gerasimow9 is great, but I don't like how it looks in 1st person view.

AK-107 in fact, there are upgraded AK74M, but the AK-12 is positioned as a new machine which has passed the state tests. The main differences from AK-74 series :improving the ergonomic characteristics of weapons, increase of its universality, while maintaining or some improvement combat performance. Yes ina future if it is possible in a fashion to make the automaton could use the shops of the appropriate calibre capacity of 30 rounds (from AK-74 or AKM, depending on the caliber), and shops from the KRG / RPK-74, as well as with prospective 4-row box-like shops capacity of 60 rounds of ammunition. All the NATO weapons has such an opportunity. Thank you very much for your work if I understood programming that definitely helped , and so can only help you test.:computer:

nice work from a french Arma team.

Meanwhile, any sound suppressor are in wip. We need one for complete the AK series ;-)

Thank for this addon

AK-107 in fact, there are upgraded AK74M, but the AK-12 is positioned as a new machine which has passed the state tests. The main differences from AK-74 series :improving the ergonomic characteristics of weapons, increase of its universality, while maintaining or some improvement combat performance. Yes ina future if it is possible in a fashion to make the automaton could use the shops of the appropriate calibre capacity of 30 rounds (from AK-74 or AKM, depending on the caliber), and shops from the KRG / RPK-74, as well as with prospective 4-row box-like shops capacity of 60 rounds of ammunition. All the NATO weapons has such an opportunity. Thank you very much for your work if I understood programming that definitely helped , and so can only help you test.:computer:

According to the information I have, AK-12 is actually a form of an upgraded AK-74 based on the same old operating system that was implemented in good old AK-47, while AK-107 is using balanced operating system like in AEK-971, that reduces gun recoil and significantly improves accuracy.

I thought about making 60 rounds magazines but then decided that they would ruin the game balance.

nice work from a french Arma team.

Meanwhile, any sound suppressor are in wip. We need one for complete the AK series ;-)

Thank for this addon

Thank you! :-))) TGP-A and TGP-B are ready, you'll have them in the upcoming update.

On account of such shops and balance in the game so on NATO weapons they have already been implemented in the form of 4-row box-shops capacity of 100 rounds 2 types (a tracing and simple ammo) . I hope that in the fashion will be AK-12 , the last word for the developer. Else again thanks for the mod , looking forward to updates and additions!!!

Edited by wokerz

On account of such shops and balance in the game so on NATO weapons they have already been implemented in the form of 4-row box-shops capacity of 100 rounds 2 types (a tracing and simple ammo) . Not to dilute the discourse on the characteristics of the weapon , my opinion all the same that would AK-12 saw the life in this fashion , but the last word is always the Creator++. Else again thanks for the mod , looking forward to updates and additions!!!

Gah, sorry mate (I'm guessing your mother language is not English) but this isn't readable, or at least not understandable.

Loving the AKs, so good to have one back in my hands!

@sudden:

Thank you very much for you impressive addon, sir.

Really great work.

However, I cannot see muzzle flashes on the AK's. I read the complete thread, but nobody mentions this. Do the AK muzzle flashes work for anybody else?

(I get working muzzle flashes with the stock Arma3 Alpha guns and also the other addon guns)

Thank you.

Best regards

RPR

@sudden:

Thank you very much for you impressive addon, sir.

Really great work.

However, I cannot see muzzle flashes on the AK's. I read the complete thread, but nobody mentions this. Do the AK muzzle flashes work for anybody else?

(I get working muzzle flashes with the stock Arma3 Alpha guns and also the other addon guns)

Thank you.

Best regards

RPR

I have also no muzzelflashes.

Guys, thanks for the information about muzzleflashes. I'm working on a fix. :-)

When using the popular mods virtual ammobox no AK-107 GL

Update, V 3.0

*Marksman unit had AK magazines in his backpack: Fixed

*Muzzle flashes are now working

*BIS supressors replaced with proper ones (TGP-A for AK, RPK, TGP-B for SVU)

*Iron sights reworked (still failed to implement side-mounted rails, new anim sources not yet supported by BinMake)

*New PSO-4 optics with 12x maginfication for Marksman

*Minor changes to weapon models

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot5.jpg (431 kB)

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot6.jpg (597 kB)

Download ~76Mb

*awesome* thank you very much!

Excellent, thanks for the update!

I do have a few suggestions though, most should be fairly easy to implement:

Could you please make the items compatible with the VAS system (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-(VAS))? This can be done by prefixing the helmets with H_, the uniforms with U_, the optics with optic_, and the suppressors with muzzle_. You can also keep it with the current classname guidelines for other items by doing something like "optic_sud_pso4".

Could the tracers be made green rather than red? I believe green is the standard Russian tracer color, at least from everything else. Furthermore, could tracer magazines be added for each of the weapons?

Could we have the 60 round magazines, and/or have the 75-round RPK magazines be usable in the AK-105/7s, and vice versa with the 30-rounds in the RPK? Both of these are possible with real-life, and would not ruin game balance since NATO MX weapons are already capable of sharing their 30-round and 100-round magazines.

Finally, could we have a PSO-1 optic with the 4x zoom, to replace the Hamr? Would be especially nice if we could just look over the adjustment knob as a secondary sight, for the purpose of CQB :)

Thanks again for making the mod and I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with requests. The new iron sights make me feel at home, and I can't wait till a new BinMake can fix the animation source issues.

Excellent, thanks for the update!

I do have a few suggestions though, most should be fairly easy to implement:

Could you please make the items compatible with the VAS system (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-(VAS))? This can be done by prefixing the helmets with H_, the uniforms with U_, the optics with optic_, and the suppressors with muzzle_. You can also keep it with the current classname guidelines for other items by doing something like "optic_sud_pso4".

Could the tracers be made green rather than red? I believe green is the standard Russian tracer color, at least from everything else. Furthermore, could tracer magazines be added for each of the weapons?

Could we have the 60 round magazines, and/or have the 75-round RPK magazines be usable in the AK-105/7s, and vice versa with the 30-rounds in the RPK? Both of these are possible with real-life, and would not ruin game balance since NATO MX weapons are already capable of sharing their 30-round and 100-round magazines.

Finally, could we have a PSO-1 optic with the 4x zoom, to replace the Hamr? Would be especially nice if we could just look over the adjustment knob as a secondary sight, for the purpose of CQB :)

Thanks again for making the mod and I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with requests. The new iron sights make me feel at home, and I can't wait till a new BinMake can fix the animation source issues.

Hey, your suggestions are inspiring me to develop my mod. :-)))) The more suggestions - the better!

Compatibility with VAS Systems - No problem, will be done in next update.

Green tracers - that's a myth (caused by mistranslating from Russian I think) created by game developers (or was it George Lucas? :-)))) that Russian (Dark Side) tracers are all green.

5,45 T (5.45x39 AK-74) and 7.62 T-46 (7.62x54 PK and SVD) bullets actually have green painting on their nose, but the colour of the trace is red. :-))) Tracer magazines will be added in next update.

Different magazines - I'm thinking about it. :-))

Optics - I'm going to release several optics models for using with side-mount only, like PSO-1-1 and 1p29. The main problem is that animation source hasOptics works every time (would be great if you could select this from optics config), and if side-mounted Weaver rail appears every time the optics is connected, there's no way to use old types of optics, you'll simply have 2 side-mounts appear at the same time - one from weapon model brought by hasOptics and one from the optics model. So I'm thinking about leaving AK-107 and AK-105 as they are at the moment and going to release some old AK models (AKS-74N, AK-74M) that will be able to use only side mounted optics.

Thanks again for ideas! ;-))

Edited by sudden

Thanks for this new update !

love the sound fx for the AK suppressor

Hey, your suggestions are inspiring me to develop my mod. :-)))) The more suggestions - the better!

Compatibility with VAS Systems - No problem, will be done in next update.

Green tracers - that's a myth (caused by mistranslating from Russian I think) created by game developers (or was it George Lucas? :-)))) that Russian (Dark Side) tracers are all green.

5,45 T (5.45x39 AK-74) and 7.62 T-46 (7.62x54 PK and SVD) bullets actually have green painting on their nose, but the colour of the trace is red. :-))) Tracer magazines will be added in next update.

Different magazines - I'm thinking about it. :-))

Optics - I'm going to release several optics models for using with side-mount only, like PSO-1-1 and 1p29. The main problem is that animation source hasOptics works every time (would be great if you could select this from optics config), and if side-mounted Weaver rail appears every time the optics is connected, there's no way to use old types of optics, you'll simply have 2 side-mounts appear at the same time - one from weapon model brought by hasOptics and one from the optics model. So I'm thinking about leaving AK-107 and AK-105 as they are at the moment and going to release some old AK models (AKS-74N, AK-74M) that will be able to use only side mounted optics.

Thanks again for ideas! ;-))

Good to hear, and thanks for letting me know about the tracers--I didn't know that until now :)

Tracers - Would it still be possible to have a separate green tracer (I think BIS has yellow tracer models and maybe even white ones too) magazine as well, for those of us still used to looking for green tracers?

Scopes - It's awesome to hear that you are planning on adding the Ak-74m with side-mounted optics. I'd also love to see the 4x PSO-1 on a weaver mount as well, mostly for backwards-compatibility with BIS weapons when in a situation where we end up having to use them :)

A suggestion about adding the new weapons: Do you think it would be possible to make various versions so that there would be two AK-107s and two AK-74m, one of each boasting the picatinny and the other the side-rail (Same if you are making an RPK-74 and so forth)? Just thinking about the others who may have liked them, maybe have the old variants with ghost-rings available as something to be added via scripts (I still prefer the leafs myself :D)?

Two more suggestions I've thought up of in the meantime:

Ka-60 - Could we have one in the Red-Star skin you've made, but an unarmed version as well. And, if you are feeling like a bit more texture-work, the counter-shaded blue and green camouflage like on the mi-24 and mi-8 are always a favourite.

Uniforms - If you're up to it, maybe another version in the old version of flora? Also, the camo caps we have in MTP and Hex could use a Flora (and digital-Flora) brother :)

Glad to hear you appreciate the suggestions, I was nervous about uploading a Santa-wishlist. Thanks for implementing my suggestions!

Love your work, guys, and so fast! One problem I'm having though, is I can't spawn the SVU 107 - returns a "no entry" error. The mod seems to be working fine, everything else loads, just not that rifle. Any suggestions? To clarify, it loads under a Marksman class soldier being placed on the map; it just seems the classname is not correct.

Edited by Buster0083

Love your work, guys, and so fast! One problem I'm having though, is I can't spawn the SVU 107 - returns a "no entry" error. The mod seems to be working fine, everything else loads, just not that rifle. Any suggestions? To clarify, it loads under a Marksman class soldier being placed on the map; it just seems the classname is not correct.

Whats the code line you are using to spawn the SVU, when you get the error?

2Kaelies,

Thanks for the inspiration! I can't promise to implement all your suggestions, but we'll see. :-)))

Thank you very much! ;-)

First, please check if you have Developer's program enabled in Steam. If it's on, you are automatically downloading every change from developers. Some of them could conflict with my mod. This changes are made every few days and I can't trace them all, sorry. You can disable and enable this every time you want. When disabled, the game will return to last official update.

Second, If you are using any other mod, and especially if a mod uses my weapons, like Russians PMC, for instance, please try to run the game with my mod only and see if the problem still exists.

Thank you!