since I do have a lot of russian uniforms, webbing, pouches and weapons - can I contribute to this thread in any way? Please let me know if I can provide anything required.

Guys, thank you all for your attention and help! :-)))

First. As I see, most of you are not satisfied with units textures, so I think I should cooperate with someone who's good in it. Any help would be appreciated! :-))) Colonel stagler, thank you very much, please read your PM box.

Second. I've received some feedback that new iron sights on AKs were not that good and people wanted back the old ones. I like the old-fashioned sights better too, but they doesn't work good with a rail on top. I have a completed model of side-mounted rail, but I don't know how to make it hidden when there's no optics attached to the weapon. There must be some new animation source in model.cfg or something like that. Would be great if anyone could help me with that.

And third. Actually, I'm a player much more than a modeller. So please don't expect much from me. :-))))

I was trained to k... shoot paper with a diopter-sighted AK, so these AKs suit me fine. While I do like the normal sights too, I find the diopters/ghost rings a lot easier to use. I also have some Russian kit, and do have a reference for Digital Flora LBVs (6Sh112), since I bought a set for a friend a while back.

Second. I've received some feedback that new iron sights on AKs were not that good and people wanted back the old ones. I like the old-fashioned sights better too, but they doesn't work good with a rail on top. I have a completed model of side-mounted rail, but I don't know how to make it hidden when there's no optics attached to the weapon. There must be some new animation source in model.cfg or something like that. Would be great if anyone could help me with that.

Iirc the side mount is clamped to the weapon, so it#s not easily removed in a second? Perhaps you could just make an AK version with the siderail and one without? Or make scope variants that only fit onto the AK/similar weapons and attach the mount to the scopes?

Anyway, good work. I love russian gear and vehicles.

Iirc the side mount is clamped to the weapon, so it#s not easily removed in a second? Perhaps you could just make an AK version with the siderail and one without? Or make scope variants that only fit onto the AK/similar weapons and attach the mount to the scopes?

Anyway, good work. I love russian gear and vehicles.

The clamp is a quick-detach, you just flip a lever and you can take it off, assuming its properly attached in the first place.

If you don't get any other solutions, you could make the old-type iron sighted variant either not accept any optics, or make them accept optics on the standard dust cover. Won't look proper or pretty, but it could be an easy workaround until someone comes up with something else.

ARMA without UAZ, AK and RPG-7 - is not ARMA :D

Don't give BI ideas about the UAZ,they still have time to put it in by the time final is ready.

Just a request of sorts: Is there any chance next release could have a group of Russian troops already prepared in the group (F2) section?

Cheers.

Just a request of sorts: Is there any chance next release could have a group of Russian troops already prepared in the group (F2) section?

Cheers.

Yes, mate! Next update will contain several groups for quick use in your missions!

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

If you don't get any other solutions, you could make the old-type iron sighted variant either not accept any optics, or make them accept optics on the standard dust cover. Won't look proper or pretty, but it could be an easy workaround until someone comes up with something else.

And that's what my plan is. :-). There'l be a clean variant with old iron sights that will not accept any optics until I figure out how to do it right. Thanks to you now I know how to do this! So in the next update this should be working!

Edited by sudden

Thank you sudden for your addon. This is nice work.

i wish me for the next update the textures from Col. Stagler units and a retexture of the KA-60 :pray: please. :D

Thank you sudden for your addon. This is nice work.

i wish me for the next update the textures from Col. Stagler units and a retexture of the KA-60 :pray: please. :D

Thanks! I'm currently working on fixing Developer's program subscribers issues. Can't promise Col. Staglers textures yet.

KA-60? Good idea. I'll think about it. ;-)))

@sudden no proplem I have many ideas but i totaly noob in create a Addon. :rolleyes:

@aidas2 yes this looks great and I hope is possible for sudden to retexture the KA-60 :)

Looks it. Already got a black Ka-60 model, put a Russian flag on the tail and a red star on the body, maybe extra number or something and it'll look like up there. But then he needs to make RU pilot model for choppers.

Looks it. Already got a black Ka-60 model, put a Russian flag on the tail and a red star on the body, maybe extra number or something and it'll look like up there. But then he needs to make RU pilot model for choppers.

A pilot is already there. :-)

Excellent! Just please delete the sniper 20 stores to Kalash.

I apologize for the Google translation

And... an update!

Issues with helmets fixed.

New rifle SVU-107 added.

Retextured version of KA-60 added

Squads are now available to select in editor in F2 menu.

Have fun!

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot3.jpg (423 kB)

http://acrofobia.ru/images/screenshot4.jpg (393 kB)

Download ~66Mb.

збз чувак! Good work dude! :)

Excellent! Just please delete the sniper 20 stores to Kalash.

I apologize for the Google translation

You mean 20 magazines? He must have an assault backpack that have AK magazines. Thank you, I'll fix this. Till the next update you can use a scripting command "clearmagazinecargo unitbackpack this" in the init of a marksman unit.

Are you also going to reskin the Ifrit, since it's apparently just a Zil Punisher which is Russian made anyway?

Loving the update though.