Im pretty sure there will come a Russian DLC sometime in the future, but its always good with a change ! =D

Is that Vilas' AK-107?

I'm looking at Vilas' AK-107 MLOD and unless this guy has taken it (available in the MLOD pack released semi-recently) and modified it, I don't think it's Vilas'

Vilas AK-107 has a different looking buttstock and doesn't feature that double mag.

Hi all! Thank you very much for your feedback! Answers first.

No, it's not a Vilas's model. It's a reworked BIS AK74 model from Armed Assault.

If you remember my AK74M pack, this is the same model. It also uses BIS Arma2 textures.

That is why the only credit in the readme.txt is BIS. I'm just a guy with scissors and a bottle of glue. ;-))))

No. It's not a hex edit. In Arma3 you can create your own retextured uniform with a config file using hiddenSelections.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

And now, I have an Update!!!

Now AK-107 supports mounted optics, supressors and so on. A separate version with a grenade launcher added.

Also the issue with uniform was fixed. Added RPK and AK-105. Added different soldiers. For clasnames refer to readme.txt

Thank you everyone for help and support!

http://acrofobia.ru/images/sud_ru_screen1.jpg (380 kB)

http://acrofobia.ru/images/sud_ru_screen2.jpg (431 kB)

Download ~54Mb

P.S. And yes, I wish BIS released a RUSSIAN DLC! :)

Edited by sudden

Awesome, looking forward to seeing more.

This is the same week the alpha was released, and we already have this. It's a promising sign.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing more.

This is the same week the alpha was released, and we already have this. It's a promising sign.

Thank you!

There'll be more! ;-)) I was actually making these weapons for Arma2. But since Arma3 Alpha came out and it's 100 times better... i decided to go Arma3. :-))))

Thank you!

There'll be more! ;-)) I was actually making these weapons for Arma2. But since Arma3 Alpha came out and it's 100 times better... i decided to go Arma3. :-))))

Can you tell me if you can put something to deploy the bipod of the rpk?

Can you tell me if you can put something to deploy the bipod of the rpk?

I'm thinking about it. ;-)))

Just wanted to say your Russians are damn fantastic work. Never feels right for me in ARMA/Opflash less I can have my glorious Russian rifle.

question on recoil. do these borrow the appropriate recoils from the similar weapons in arma3?

OMG, noooo GHOST RINGS on a AK -_-. Why??? the leaf sights with the proper front post you did was amazing, why did you ruin it with shitty ghost rings. Should have just used the side mount that real ak's use. Dust cover rails are trash in real life anyway's. An ak with ghost rings and/or a collapseable stock isn't a ak.

Also, stock is too small on the rpk, looks funny. Didn't notice this before, but I like how the double mags taped together the extra one is empty lol.

The fowardgrips look off now too. Look like two different ak variant foward grips on one rifle, looks weird. Would rather have the real steel counterparts instead of making abominations for the sake of attachments.

Edited by lsp

OMG, noooo GHOST RINGS on a AK -_-. Why??? the leaf sights with the proper front post you did was amazing, why did you ruin it with shitty ghost rings. Should have just used the side mount that real ak's use. Dust cover rails are trash in real life anyway's. An ak with ghost rings and/or a collapseable stock isn't a ak.

Also, stock is too small on the rpk, looks funny. Didn't notice this before, but I like how the double mags taped together the extra one is empty lol.

The fowardgrips look off now too. Look like two different ak variant foward grips on one rifle, looks weird. Would rather have the real steel counterparts instead of making abominations for the sake of attachments.

There is actually a real version of AK-107 with that kind of sights. :-)

But you'll get what you want in the next update. :-)

Will you retexture the uniforms to give the units digital or some newer ruskie camo?

Will you retexture the uniforms to give the units digital or some newer ruskie camo?

It's there, and easily visible if you've got no gear on, the digital camo is just very blended. You need to look very closely. The units could maybe use a bit more contrast, but the problem is that digital Flora itself is quite blended. Check some photos or get your hands on a set, and you'll see my point.

Direct quote of myself at Armaholic: Also, would it be possible to get the RPK and AK to share mags? Assuming they use the same ammo, that shouldn't be an issue. Also, for eye candy, maybe make the empty mag state too and versions for different mags if you implement that.

Besides the points I mentioned, the units also seem... glossy. You know, glossy like photo paper vs office paper, or a plastic packaging. They reflect stuff and have a smooth surface. The BIS units seem to share the problem to some extent, but would be nice to see more "matte" units.

Thank you!

чувак, Ñто пÑÑ‚ÑŒ!

AK does look sexy and ArmA 3, holding AK in the hands, feels like returning home )). Can't wait for more versions, especially various scopes, PSO/Shahin/NV etc. Keep up!

Can i use mag from rpk on AK-107 ?

Edited by Jaguarius

It's there, and easily visible if you've got no gear on, the digital camo is just very blended. You need to look very closely. The units could maybe use a bit more contrast, but the problem is that digital Flora itself is quite blended. Check some photos or get your hands on a set, and you'll see my point.

Direct quote of myself at Armaholic: Also, would it be possible to get the RPK and AK to share mags? Assuming they use the same ammo, that shouldn't be an issue. Also, for eye candy, maybe make the empty mag state too and versions for different mags if you implement that.

Besides the points I mentioned, the units also seem... glossy. You know, glossy like photo paper vs office paper, or a plastic packaging. They reflect stuff and have a smooth surface. The BIS units seem to share the problem to some extent, but would be nice to see more "matte" units.

Now I see, but yeah the uniforms seem bleached somehow. This might be a specular/normalmap issue or something.

(Edit: The bis units actually seem fine and their lightning is good but it's not appropriate for this colored uniform)

I believe this is an issue with the normal maps, the CAF mod units have the same problem and one of the modder for that project mentioned they were having difficulty sorting it out too.

Sweet, although would be better if they had the new digital camo or surpat. Could also include the Ka60 heli.

Sweet, although would be better if they had the new digital camo or surpat. Could also include the Ka60 heli.

I have sent Sudden my SURPAT textures in a PM for this. So hopefully we will see them soon.

I have sent Sudden my SURPAT textures in a PM for this. So hopefully we will see them soon.

wohoo! Colonel saves the day!

You may not like the Iranian uniforms, I don't know, but since the Iranian uniforms look like their version of Gorka, You should reskin the Iranian uniform and make it a 2035 Russian Gorka. Iran could have gotten the uniform from the Russian Federation :). If you don't do it, I'll do it at some point...