Fausty

How do I make this IED work in Arma 3?

I was looking for a way to get the mines to spawn then explode. i managed to get them to detonate using this

private ["_Bomb"];

_Bomb = createMine ["APERSboundingMine", getMarkerPos "zone2",["zone2"], 0]; // spawns the bomb at a marker called zone2

_Bomb setdamage 1; //this made the mine detonate

it seems setting the damage to 1 makes the mine detonate. you can add sleeps or conditions for when to set the damage to 1 :)

Not sure if this has already been posted but this is what I use for my IEDs...

bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); deleteVehicle IED;

Put that in a trigger (activated by whoever you want to die) and name the object used as 'IED'.

I haven't found any issues with this method and it damages vehicles but with the shell I've used, doesn't seem to completely destroy them.

You'll have to go about finding the classnames for other shell types for more powerful explosions etc but this one does me fine.

Edited by Dale260

Not sure if this has already been posted but this is what I use for my IEDs...

Put that in a trigger (activated by whoever you want to die) and name the object used as 'IED'.

I haven't found any issues with this method and it damages vehicles but with the shell I've used, doesn't seem to completely destroy them.

You'll have to go about finding the classnames for other shell types for more powerful explosions etc but this one does me fine.

this is what I use, really easy and you can have as many IED's as you want, just name then IED, IED1, IED2 etc, you can have them in 1 or several triggers and use whatever object you want, I suppose even a pencil. This AT round does damage vehicles plenty, may kill some AI, forces AI out and then you open up on them.

I liked the look of this one - clean and simple, so I used it with the GBU ("Bomb_04_F"), condition set to THIS, but the bomb explodes the minute the mission loads into the editor. If I change it from ANYBODY to BLUFOR or OPFOR, it will sometimes not explode right away, but 9 times out of 10 it just blows up. Did something change with the most recent update?

EDIT: So, it appears that if I put my IED object (an EMPTY object, a roll of duct tape specifically) inside the trigger area and use ANYBODY for the trigger, it goes off. But if I move it out of the trigger area, normal rules are obeyed. That's... odd behavior, isn't it?

Edited by diehardfc

I use a script created on this forum by Schatten.

init.sqf

ied = compileFinal (preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ied.sqf");
[] spawn ied;

ied.sqf

//ied script make by Schatten
if (isServer) then {

DOF_USBV =
	{
			private ["_granatentyp","_granate"];

_granatentyp = switch (typeOf _this) do
			{
				case "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" : {"Bo_Mk82"};
				case "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" : {"Bo_GBU12_LGB_MI10"};
				case "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {"R_TBG32V_F"};
				case "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {"R_60mm_HE"};
			};

waituntil {
				sleep 0.1;

(({((side _x) == blufor) and {(_x distance _this) < 2.6}} count allUnits) > 0) or {({(_x isKindOf "LandVehicle") and {(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _x) >> "side")) == 1} and {(_x distance _this) < 8.5}} count vehicles) > 0}
			};

_granate = createVehicle [_granatentyp,[getPos _this select 0, getPos _this select 1,0],[], 0, 'FLY'];
			[_granate,-90,0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;
			_granate setVelocity [0, 0, -80];
			deleteVehicle _this;
	};

{if (_x isKindof "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo") then {	_x spawn DOF_USBV; } } foreach allMines;
};

Put in editor or spawn any ied on the ground and they become nasty for west side.

Edited by DaVIdoSS

I use a script created on this forum by Schatten.

init.sqf

ied = compileFinal (preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ied.sqf");
[] spawn ied;

ied.sqf

//ied script make by Schatten
if (isServer) then {

DOF_USBV =
	{
			private ["_granatentyp","_granate"];

_granatentyp = switch (typeOf _this) do
			{
				case "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" : {"Bo_Mk82"};
				case "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" : {"Bo_GBU12_LGB_MI10"};
				case "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {"R_TBG32V_F"};
				case "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {"R_60mm_HE"};
			};

waituntil {
				sleep 0.1;

(({((side _x) == blufor) and {(_x distance _this) < 2.6}} count allUnits) > 0) or {({(_x isKindOf "LandVehicle") and {(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _x) >> "side")) == 1} and {(_x distance _this) < 8.5}} count vehicles) > 0}
			};

_granate = createVehicle [_granatentyp,[getPos _this select 0, getPos _this select 1,0],[], 0, 'FLY'];
			[_granate,-90,0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;
			_granate setVelocity [0, 0, -80];
			deleteVehicle _this;
	};

{if (_x isKindof "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" || _x isKindof "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo") then {	_x spawn DOF_USBV; } } foreach allMines;
};

Put in editor or spawn any ied on the ground and they become nasty for west side.

Can you tell me exactly how you execute this? I just tried putting code into INIT file of mission and script into mission root and no luck. Do i need to put object names in object INIT code or INIT file? Running code alone was no luck. Thanks

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Neverminid i messed with the class names and broke it. It does work! Thanks