Sign in to follow this  
DCeighty8

Arma 3 Lobby timeout setting

Nothing is a replacement for a real admin, but running servers on TvT missions you can use scripts to at least keep the worst out (anti-tk scripts for instance). Currently our server actually runs pretty smoothly when we aren't there. There is the occasional issue, but it doesn't self destruct or anything. The setting in A2 at least was in the bec\config file and was called "timeout". Currently your server will autostart after a mere 9000 seconds, so whether you want it or not, it is there. Saying that if you don't want it to change from how it is, you could just leave the lobby timeout at the level it is at now. We run different servers with different goals apparently, and we will be using different methods to achieve this.

See here to see the option I am referring to in A2.

The setting in A2 at least was in the bec\config file and was called "timeout".]See here[/url] to see the option I am referring to in A2.

I didnt think it was an arma config value, thanks for the info. I never needed to use anything from the Battleye console

I didnt think it was an arma config value, thanks for the info. I never needed to use anything from the Battleye console

mustn't be that great of an admin obviously.

^ Was that really needed?

The OP is absolutely correct and is obviously a server admin. Having a 9000 second timeout for everyone to hit OK is not good.

This looks to be fixed now with the latest hot fix for .52.. They added a new countdown for dedicated servers... 90 seconds now instead of 9000... I've tested on my blitz server and it autostarts after 90 second countdown.. Sweet!!!

This looks to be fixed now with the latest hot fix for .52.. They added a new countdown for dedicated servers... 90 seconds now instead of 9000... I've tested on my blitz server and it autostarts after 90 second countdown.. Sweet!!!

Confirmed. It's awesome :)