Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Did BI push an update?

I don't know what I did or what happened but all of a sudden I have 40+ frames in most areas with everything maxed, 150% 3D res, 1080p on a 42 inch LCD and VYSNC on! I'm happy but at the same time I wish I knew what changed. A noticeable negative of whatever changed is my load times have skyrocketed and I have ugly texture load and lag the first 5 seconds in the editor. Was there a push for those enrolled in beta build updating?

Edit: The only thing I did was add ARMA 3 into my nvidia control panel but all settings remain defaulted.

I just checked SteamDB.info and it says this happened 14 hours ago.

branches/development/buildid: 48090 › 49281

107411/manifests/development: 5911864025990988727 › 1230977537357831757

Not 100% sure what this means but to me it seems to suggest something has changed.

Something had to have. Server sync has been markedly improved. Very little server lag that I have seen, that may just be good servers or netcode optimization. I don't know why they wouldn't want us to know. The game really does show it's awesomeness at high fidelity high FPS. Even the animations look better now. Whatever has happened whether BI or local to my computer I am thankful.

I noticed today multiplayer has been much more playable today, didn't see any update information either. It was really laggy yesterday for me with constant crashes.

Yesterday I saw in Steam it did a download for Arma III, but must have been a very small one, only downloaded a few seconds.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I update? All I figured out was once I turn my computer on I double clicked the Arma3! Alpha quick start icon/short cut and the game starts, just like how it does for my regular non-steam Arma2/A1/OFP? I know nothing really about steam so am I missing something? Also sorry if this is off topic but what is steam really? Why do we need it to just run a game?

Dave,

STEAM do auto update unless you op not to, also you can choose to be a part of experimental build. All is done my right clicking the game title and select properties.

Are you sure it just wasn't Steam doing a Synch after you stopped playing A3?

If synching is set to on it will do what appears as a download for a few seconds.

I noticed today that I had much higher FPS and can ultra it all with vsync off on a 965 @ 3.8ghz lol :D

ive had no update plus in STEAM updates there is nothing added?

All my files in my ArmA 3 folder are still the same so unless steam has managed to run updated versions through the cloud I would go with placebo effect.

Mine seems better today too..? More or less everything maxed out, but 1500 distance though, still better?!

Ive had a fair few cloud syncs lately so maybe I dont know how STEAM works.

EDIT

did every one make sure they opted in to dev updates optoin in the games property

it's still the same version 0.5102671 BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, yes I has last night about 15-25FPS online and now I'm doing 25-45FPS, with is amazing!

Placebo effect, the version number didn't change, files didn't change (go look at the last modified date on the files).

Placebo effect, the version number didn't change, files didn't change (go look at the last modified date on the files).

Yes, but FPS has increased, and this is not placebo effect, is FRAPS FPS showing a high fps rate in Online game. So what happens here?¿

Yes, but FPS has increased, and this is not placebo effect, is FRAPS FPS showing a high fps rate in Online game. So what happens here?¿

You can enter the game, Alt-Tab out and Alt-Tab back in and you'll have higher FPS. They did not push out an update.

You can enter the game, Alt-Tab out and Alt-Tab back in and you'll have higher FPS. They did not push out an update.

True. It's weird but true. Tested many times and i have a gain between 10-20 FPS just alt-tabing ingame, go to windows and back.

Yes. Seems a good server or the mission type. I played again and have the same results as last night in mutiplayer. Placebo after all. No updates.

What is this Alt-Tab thing I keep hearing people talk about, whats the point of it?

What is this Alt-Tab thing I keep hearing people talk about, whats the point of it?

This can be another placebo, personally it doesn't change anything for me.