Sign in to follow this  
bobby budnick

Why can't the player profile be renamed?

So you spend all that time getting your settings just right and jump on to multiplayer only to find that you can't customize your name. Do you think I'm going to go back on all that work? Especially after the same problem being in every version of Arma ever? Nah, I'd rather just do something else. Especially with how boring the multiplayer looks right now.

The player profile can't be renamed because it is generated in your Windows user profile folder - using the name from this user profile. I'm pretty sure this has been explained several times in the past. You still can create a second profile with the name you want.

Then you can just copy the settings made from one xxx.ArmA3Profile to the other xxx.ArmA3Profile. Done.

Either copy-paste the content of the profile file to the new profile file or copy-paste the file itself and rename it corresponding the new profile file.

You will locate these files in Documents section of Windows.

Imo this "issue" should have been corrected. I bet no one uses the profile name of their computer to play Arma2 nor Arma3. This is just a little extra work that players must do once they have installed the game. Not that big of a deal, but still...

Look for [Arma 3 Alpha] in your documents folder.

Creating a second profile will appear in [Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles].