Sign in to follow this  
dayglow

Combat pace only applies to jogging.

I have combat pace mapped to 'c'. If walking hitting combat pace will not speed up movement. It does apply to jogging, slowing down movement and raising weapon. Would be a lot more fluid if it modifies both walking or jogging. If I'm walking and I hit combat pace it should speed my movement up.

Dayglow here's my advice,

Use shift to walk not to toggle walk. With the tactical pace you only need to walk here and there, not always as with ARMA2 and previous iterations.

I have toggle jog/walk mapped to shift x 2 and jog/walk to shift. This way I can change my default pace by double tapping, then using shift to modify the pace holding it down.

Not all is lost because if you have iron sights / optics up hitting jog speeds you up to combat pace, it just would be nice to be apple to speed up to combat pace while while not looking through the sights.

The "shift x 2" is horrible in my humble opinion. And I actually don't like "W x 2" for sprinting either but rather "W + S", it is so much more effective. But its personnel preferences i guess.

Edited by HKFlash
Spelling

Don't know how it's horrible. 1 key to control walking/jogging both through a toggle and temporary shift state. I do use the W+ S for sprint.

I like using walk toggle but I think the OP have a point when the same apply to temperate walk, sometimes you just want to go between these two(like in close quarter range)

I use shift/double shift for walking/toggle walk. I use spacebar for sprint. and the C remains for weapon up or weapon lower combat pace. Z and X remain the same for prone and toggle crouch/stand. and iv kept CTRL for moving through advanced stances. Its working pretty well. Different from arma2 but it remains familiar and comfortable to use.

I like using walk toggle but I think the OP have a point when the same apply to temperate walk, sometimes you just want to go between these two(like in close quarter range)

I know he has a point I was merely pointing him to a quick solution. He did not like it though.

Anyways, would be nice to put it on bug tracker as features request or something.