Sign in to follow this  
criticofgames

Arma 3 smoother than arma 2 and I get better frame rates as I record

Wanted to let everybody know my experience with Arma 3 is excellent

I am playing on a 2nd Gen I5 Dell xps laptop and I put everything on ultra and was able to play it with no lag.

I am using Bandicam to record in game video. If you do a search on youtube type in "The most realistic military combat simulator in the world" You will see the video I recorded in game of Arma 3 multiplayer.

If you plan on recording: The first video I had the mic volume in bandicam too high so you couldn't hear any in game noise but on the next video I was able to record it flawlessly. I have tried fraps and dxtory and bandicam is best so far it recorded in hd

If someone knows where I can find all the keyboard commands for arma 3 on this forum please reply with it thanks. I was having a hard time switching from scope to red dot and back again. I was able to go from scope to red dot by tapping right ctrl and them right clicking the mouse but then I couldn't switch it back to scope again..anybody know how I do that?

Same here, thumbs up for the dev's. ArmA 2 also runs smooth for me, but sometimes is a little choppy, while ArmA 3 on the other hand, is (to my feeling) fully optimized, and runs /A LOT/ smoother.

Dual Harpertown quad core Xeons with 8 gigs ECC DDR 3 RAM here with Nvidia GeForce 560TI 2 DDR5 RAM. It's something like 5 years old now but Arma 3 runs a lot better than Arma 2 on my rig.

Arma 3 is awesome even with it's little bugs

I ran this little home made scenario with around 150 AI characters in it with this level of detail as smooth as silk.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/578999533081190499/4814579708ED94ABE559B5CF162DA5F5576DE908/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/580125498814881984/E5725D00DE05313959767A9EC6D02844F48F0383/

Edited by Cadmium77

I agree with you, Arma 3 is awesome, I have pretty much better experience on it, and it doesn't even affect my frame rate whilst recording, it had a huge hit on my FPS while on Arma 2, so yeah, Arma 3 is awesome!

I don't know if you 3 have tested heavy mission with lots of ppl. A3 is unplayable in my opinion with my spec. GTX 770, I5 2500k @3.3 16 bg ram + ssd.

In editor with groups and and lots od spawn i have 80 - 105 fps

In ahoy mission 64/64 i have at the base about 9-19 fps up and down.

A2 with really heavy missions i have +80 - 120 fps. so if arma 3 are more optimized with than A2. plz tell me what to do.

And everybody else regardless spec. has same issue when i ask around in mission.

I have followed every guide for performance boost available

I think it also depends on your recording settings, I mean your Youtube Video I found is in 480.

I run an I5 3570K OC @4.2 with a Sapphire HD Vapour X 7970 GHz OC 6GB from an SSD and I have trouble keeping FPS constant at 30FPS on MP Server.

Even in Editor I cant go full Ultra with a ViewRange of 5000m, specially when flying the Jet fast and Low.

I don't know if you 3 have tested heavy mission with lots of ppl. A3 is unplayable in my opinion with my spec. GTX 770, I5 2500k @3.3 16 bg ram + ssd.

In editor with groups and and lots od spawn i have 80 - 105 fps

In ahoy mission 64/64 i have at the base about 9-19 fps up and down.

A2 with really heavy missions i have +80 - 120 fps. so if arma 3 are more optimized with than A2. plz tell me what to do.

And everybody else regardless spec. has same issue when i ask around in mission.

I have followed every guide for performance boost available

Again and again, this fps downs are for bad scripting or not optimized missions and the backend servers that hosting them. With the time the missions developments can refine theirs missions.

I completely agree. Also depending on what recording software you use will relate to performance as well. I run full 1080p and my fps is very consistant. ArmA 3 runs great for me. Granted my system is a beast but it runs more consistent FPS then ArmA 2 for sure.

oh look, not a moaning thread? ;)

i agree. The beta was a bit choppy for me at very high settings. After Arma 3 finale came, for some reason, my settings did reseted, but the game felt smoother, i was really suprised, to find out, all the settings were set to ultra and 5k view disatnce. really really impressive job, bis! I can't even max out arma 2.