Sign in to follow this  
NeZz_DK

Got crossfire working with Optimize 1x1

I think I found the best settings for crossfire or at least they work great for my two Radeon HD 6970 cards.

By creating a 3D profile for arma3.exe inside CCC and set the CrossFireX option to Optimize 1x1

Fire up your game and disable vsync ingame to get the best possible FPS

When you load your first mission you are going to see a bit of texture issues but they go away within a few seconds.

on my system the FPS is between 50 and 90 depending on the scene, when the game is't limited by CPU.

MSI Afterburner shows that both GPU's are utilized up to 90%

with 10 AI squads fighting on the airfield, the FPS drops to around 30 FPS on a Core i7 3770k running @ 3.9Ghz

I can see that the game is utilizing one CPU core 95% and the other cores around 20%

and utilization on the GPU's drop to around 40%.

I'm currently using the settings below ingame:

BASIC

• DISPLAY MODE: Fullscreen
  • RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

VISIBILITY

• OVERALL : 3500
  • OBJECT: 1962
  • SHADOW: 150

RENDERING

• RENDERING RES: 1920x1080
  • HDR QUALITY: Standard
  • VSYNC: Disabled
  • ANISOTROPIC FILTERING: Ultra

ANTIALIAZING

• ANTIALIAZING: 8x
  • PIP: High
  • DYNAMIC LIGHTS: Ultra
  • PPAA: SMAA High
  • ATOC: All trees + grass

POSTPROCESSING

• QUALITY: Very High

QUALITY

• TEXTURE: Ultra
  • OBJECTS: High
  • TERRAIN: High
  • CLOUD: High
  • SHADOW: High
  • PARTICLES: Very High

Hope it helps :-)

Interesting, I'll be sure to check it out in a bit with my HD 7970's. Thanks for the advice.

Outstanding settings, maxing the game out at 3800 VD and 2012 Obj VD. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm didn't make any difference for me, maybe 1 - 3 fps max with my 6970's. I've tried running the game with & without crossfire & my fps is the same even though MSI shows both GPU's being utilised at the same rate. Hopefully a CAP release will help with that.

Edited by lucassot

Have you tried opening up task manager while running the game, if you can see a single core maxed out most of the time while running the game, you are CPU limited instead of GPU limited :-)

Have you tried opening up task manager while running the game, if you can see a single core maxed out most of the time while running the game, you are CPU limited instead of GPU limited :-)

Yeah I run CPU usage during the test, 1 core is being used a lot & the other 3 are about 40%. I'm running i2600k @ 4.8 so hoping it is GPU optimisation being the issue heh.