Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

How many underwater wrecks have you found ;)

Lol... I love SCUBA and have swam in tanks with sharks but never seen one in the ocean.... have seen on in game already...

I've placed wrecks in the water in the editor in some Arma 2 Caa1 maps. all you do is set the depth... works great. diving in Sahrani is pretty amazing...

Was wondering if there are objects for the corals and sea grasses?

I'd also LOVE to see constructable wreck sites like castles in Arma 2 but with ship bits...

Off to make atlantis.

Anyone interested can see a vid of the heli/boat/tire pile/turret wrecks I tested out in Sahrani on my youtube channel (same name) and I have recently like a video showing how to get Caa1 working in the A3 editor.

The Wildlife are client side right now? it seems me and my mate see different things (and u can shoot the fish as well lol)

Yes, sadly. As in A2, every bunny you see is not seen by other players. It's just your own, personal bunny

Yes, sadly. As in A2, every bunny you see is not seen by other players. It's just your own, personal bunny

Which is fine, there's no need for it to be synced imo

I found the big one!

Hint:

I can see a Lighthouse if I swim above the wreck

I found the big one!

Hint:

I can see a Lighthouse if I swim above the wreck

Thanks for the heads up! Checking this out now, any more clues on distance ;)

Id so like to look that video. But still i want to explore the whole underwater world with my friends and not being helped (too much) by anyone :D. Anyway, my self i wound two wrecks one small ship and osprey.

Nice! I'm going to go look for it soon.

I really hope they fix that glitch where you can see through the water without the underwater effects and fog...

Am I the only one that would like to see a (very immersion breaking) easter egg of a wreck of the Carrier from CC:GM somewhere in the ocean?

I found it.

The very same wreck can be found Noth of the Fishing boat on 016/027, just a bit to the north (should be like 016/029), but it is tiltet on the side, and it still has got it's backside, unlike the one in your Video. So, it's a bit bigger.

The very same wreck can be found Noth of the Fishing boat on 016/027, just a bit to the north (should be like 016/029), but it is tiltet on the side, and it still has got it's backside, unlike the one in your Video. So, it's a bit bigger.

I'm pretty sure I dived near by but I haven't seen anything :( Going to look it up as right now :)

Ps- I presume I can;t be the only one who would like to see much bigger and I mean massive wrecks? :D

I might have to try treasure hunting in the ocean of Arma 3 :)

It's a sad day here in the ArmA Universe to see everyone here forget about BigFoot, and now seek the dreaded giant Squid!

I like the new underwater environment :)

Well, I know where that fishing boat is but I searched the area you described and couldn't find anything in regards to a bigger wreck.

i'll get you a exact Screenie of the Map Locations this afternoon, after work :)

Just found this one, and it's a lot cooler than the other big one! it's dead centre of the grid 016/028 :)

Ive found 3 wrecks for now, the big one, MV-22 and small boat. The underwater world of ArmA III is amazing! Cant wait to find more.

Done some midnight diving now, attached the four different chem-lights to myself and it gives off a nice white light to dive with.

Going to set up a boat with dive lighting too for added fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131572577

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131572726

Might get round to making it as a proper addon, for now I just chuck this in my characters init box:

Bluelight=createVehicle ["Chemlight_blue", [getpos player select 0,getpos player select 1,2], [], 0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; Bluelight attachTo [player, [0.12,0.06,-0.1], "LeftShoulder"];
Yellowlight=createVehicle ["Chemlight_yellow", [getpos player select 0,getpos player select 1,2], [], 0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; Yellowlight attachTo [player, [0.12,0.06,-0.1], "LeftShoulder"];
Greenlight=createVehicle ["Chemlight_green", [getpos player select 0,getpos player select 1,2], [], 0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; Greenlight attachTo [player, [0.12,0.06,-0.1], "LeftShoulder"];
Redlight=createVehicle ["Chemlight_red", [getpos player select 0,getpos player select 1,2], [], 0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
Redlight attachTo [player, [0.12,0.06,-0.1], "LeftShoulder"];

No switch and is on all the time, you wont notice during daylight though.

You can also drop chem-lights from your inventory while underwater with the throw key to light areas up if you don't wont a light on you.

@Liquidpinky thats amazing, defo trying this out!

I see your playing across three screens? nice ;)

I took a look at the other big wreck. This must be the one from the E3 showcase, it still has its stern. I wonder what kind of boat this is?

@Liquidpinky Nice Idea, night diving is awesome. It´s a shame that the Underwatergun can´t attach flashlights...