Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

How many underwater wrecks have you found ;)

I count 11 including the obvious MV-22 at the end of the runway. (There is another one)

Most are the small trawler type but I also found the big one from the demo vids. (I don't know if its location is already known)

And a couple of smaller bits...

Keep hunting :D

Ah good, I spend all my time in the Editor (don’t play the BIS campaigns), busy making missions for the group I play with. Still, I was having a nice look around before but haven’t found any yet, although only been in the sea twice. Still you could maybe point me in the right direction to see some of these, save me time looking..;)

please :)

Spent good 2 hours underwater and have nothing. Haven't even seen a shark yet :(

seen a shark, and two wrecks, loving the underwater environment...

Hmm, I haven't seen any sharks yet :hmmm:

Have seen a few turtles though

Check out grid: 016-027

Any way to increase the view distnace in the water?

Not that I know of.

Would love to see Sharks in the ocean, I don't think it was added to the game, but maybe an idea on full release? Although, I'm not sure if you would feel like diving, knowing you can get killed by a shark any time. That aside, I haven't really seen too many wrecks yet, but I'll start exploring the ocean a lot more and hopefully end up finding some more stuff.

Strange that I haven't seen any sharks if you have.

Are you guys sure it wasn't a Tuna?

They are the biggest fish I've seen so far.

Investigate ref: 014-047

There are sharks... Catsharks, they are a bit smaller than the tuna. Not all sharks are big ;) :)

Are you guys sure it wasn't a Tuna?

They are the biggest fish I've seen so far.

You can find seven different underwater animals in the alpha right now. And yes, one of them is a catshark. :icon_twisted:

No I saw a lot of CatShark (I am writing a diver mission so I play in the water a lot). They are harmless, and they will stay that way. They should add bull shark or blue sharks. They don't need to be aggressive but it would be nice to have a big beast being curious and swiming around...

I found a under water cave where some guy didn't end up to well lol

Sounds pretty sweet, any chance of a grid ref?

jacques cousteau would be so proud of you guys

Sounds pretty sweet, any chance of a grid ref?

/watch?v=l7Sgh3v4w00

Skip to 2:40 for the Map if you don't want to get a spoiler.

You guys should add little box jellyfish that are so small you normally can't even see them. And if one touches you, your get to die slowly and painfully.

Realism ftw!

I joke btw... :)

But in all honesty I am really amazed at the underwater life so far, well done BIS devs!

You guys should add little box jellyfish that are so small you normally can't even see them. And if one touches you, your get to die slowly and painfully.

Realism ftw!

I joke btw... :)

But in all honesty I am really amazed at the underwater life so far, well done BIS devs!

I would love to see jellyfish though!

'You can find seven different underwater animals in the alpha right now.' Kind of sounds like there are more just not in the alpha (I hope so)

PS. I'm a fan of your videos richie, keep them up!

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

/watch?v=l7Sgh3v4w00

Skip to 2:40 for the Map if you don't want to get a spoiler.

Thanks Evenor :D

@tierra, now that you mention it I think some jellyfish could actually be really nice. And yes, it does seem that we can expect more life after the beta... :)

And thanks! I have been trying to make some Arma 3 videos, but my dual core E8500 is really starting to die, I might have to wait a month or two for a new i7 before I can get involved in movie making again! But I will try my best in the mean time lol!

Waits for the diving mission to be made...there you are, swimming through the depths when.....daaaa da..."What was that??" Daaaaa da .... daa da da da daa da da da dun nun naaaa!!!! (its the jaws music) and out of the murky depths comes a huge ass shark.

The underwater aspect is really nice, i love the coral, the kelp (?) and we've found the Osprey at the runway end and look forward to finding more. The Wildlife are client side right now? it seems me and my mate see different things (and u can shoot the fish as well lol)

Hmm, I haven't seen any sharks yet :hmmm:

Have seen a few turtles though

Check out grid: 016-027

EDcase where have you found the ship wreck, can you share the grids?

ive been lookin for 3 days now for the big ship, it is elusive ahaha. :) love the diving, the seaturtles and fish.

"I didnt' see a shark" well IRL you won't either - it's quite rare unless you know where to look

I count 11 including the obvious MV-22 at the end of the runway. (There is another one)

Most are the small trawler type but I also found the big one from the demo vids. (I don't know if its location is already known)

And a couple of smaller bits...

Keep hunting :D

Where is the big shipwreck?