Sign in to follow this  
FCOPZ-illuminator

Squad.xml not working properly

Hi guys, i just have a question regarding the Squad.xml featue.

I already took over my squad.xml from ArmA and ArmA2, which is working there without any problems. But if i take over it to ArmA3, if have the following issue:

squad-xml-arma3-4217d1362527168-arma3_profile4.jpg

Text will be displayes, but no logo. I only see a kind of "shadow" on this place, where the logo should be available. If i use a PNG file or JPG as logo, instead of PAA, it's viewable. But alpha channel is missing:

http://www.abload.de/img/arma32013-03-0621-25-olypf.png (687 kB)

http://www.abload.de/img/arma32013-03-0621-54-s4jtn.png (825 kB)

I guess it's still a bug? Or any changes on functionality it self in ArmA3?

Cheers

illu

My groups squad.xml works just fine. I didn't make any modifications from the Arma 2 squad.xml.

Our squad.xml works fine too. The squad logo appears in the player info box and on helicopters for example. Not edited since ArmA 2.

Hi all,

I had the same problem.

My old squad.xml is working fine in ARMA3 instead of the logo.paa.

So i exported a new logo as a png via Gimp: 128x128 (you can choose a different size like 64x64 or 512x512 etc.), 72dpi, including background color (Alpha) and a compression of 9.

Saved it via BIs TexView 2 (I chose: RGBA, DXT5 ; None) as logo.paa and this new one works fine for me.

Now a clear logo including Alpha channel background appears in the "player preview". Also on the helicopters and logo-supporting vehicles. .

I hope that helps someone.

Edited by Corvus_X

My groups squad.xml works just fine. I didn't make any modifications from the Arma 2 squad.xml.

Same here also.

Whats the size of your pixtures? I've tried 128x128 and 256x256 and they dont work.

New logo size is 128x128 filesize: 22kb, a png convertet to paa

The old (shadow) logo was 128x128 filesize 13kb, if i remember right it was a tga convertet to paa.

Both where convertet to paa via the BI tool "TexView" and "TexView2" to reduce the filesize.

which is included in the BI Tool that can be found here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

I used this 2.5.1 (beta) for the new logo.

Edited by Corvus_X

I had no problems with my old paa files. They are transparent 512x512 pngs, exportet as tga via paint.net and then saved as paa with texview. TGA export was set to 24bit (otherwise I couldn't load them in texview).

I can confirm it's working. Used paa as well.

hello, I have the same problem as FCOPZ Illuminator...

How can I do to transparency? I converted an image .tga to. paa but it doesn't work :'( help please

hello, I have the same problem as FCOPZ Illuminator...

How can I do to transparency? I converted an image .tga to. paa but it doesn't work :'( help please

You have to save the source pic with alpha channel (transparancy ),e.g.: in Gimp you have light- and darkgrey squares instead of a color as background, export it then use TexView2.

Or try png instead of tga or upload/link your tga here and i will give it a try.

What I found is that if you go back to your player and edit it the quad text is forced in upper case, thus causing the link not to work again.

What I found is that if you go back to your player and edit it the quad text is forced in upper case, thus causing the link not to work again.

try to edit the Squad url in your userprofile, i just use only small letters in my Squad url and to edit the Arma3 player profile directly, worked fine for me.

in Win 7 your userprofile should be found here: C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\*yourname*.Arma3AlphaProfile

this works with a mix of capitals and small letters too.

but as Odie3 said every time you go back to your ingame profile and save some changes the URL is forced to capitals again...

Edited by Corvus_X

My logo work fine in the player info box but he doesn't work on vehicules and helicopters.

Is this normal?

I saw a picture where a helicopter has a logo on his tail in message's FCOPZ-Illuminator.

My logo weighs less than 90KB.

My message is it a google traduction. Sorry for the bad english.

I'll try to improve ;)

Edited by STSu*EroMusha

Hello there

Remember sometimes a server will not be set up to show the paa correctly. This happens in A1/2 as well as 3.

So sometimes it isn't ones xml's fault

Rgds

LoK

FYI. It appears in the new Dev version you can use the playerID changes. It appears that they will be using Steams full profile ID. For example my ID when from '9446699' to '76561197969712427'. When I switched back to the normal Alpha the ID reverted back to '9446699'.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

My logo work fine in the player info box but he doesn't work on vehicules and helicopters.

Is this normal?

I saw a picture where a helicopter has a logo on his tail in message's FCOPZ-Illuminator.

My logo weighs less than 90KB.

My message is it a google traduction. Sorry for the bad english.

I'll try to improve ;)

It used to also work on the side of your arm as a patch too - I am not seeing that. While I do see it on the Helo, I am not seeing it on the door of that new transport (like in wasteland).