Sign in to follow this  
FCOPZ-illuminator

Squad.xml not working properly

does anyone know if the uniforms will start showing your squad patch?

Mine's working but it's super faded and almost unviewable. :( Works just fine in ArMA2.

Hi guys, i just have a question regarding the Squad.xml featue.

I already took over my squad.xml from ArmA and ArmA2, which is working there without any problems. But if i take over it to ArmA3, if have the following issue:

http://hx3.de/attachments/community-173/squad-xml-arma3-4217d1362527168-arma3_profile4.jpg

Text will be displayes, but no logo. I only see a kind of "shadow" on this place, where the logo should be available. If i use a PNG file or JPG as logo, instead of PAA, it's viewable. But alpha channel is missing:

http://www.abload.de/img/arma32013-03-0621-25-olypf.png (687 kB)

http://www.abload.de/img/arma32013-03-0621-54-s4jtn.png (825 kB)

I guess it's still a bug? Or any changes on functionality it self in ArmA3?

Cheers

illu

I had the same problem, so I had a look at what Corvus_X said. I was going to remake my logo, but I figured that I would give it a smaller resize first to test. It worked but Its image came out a bit of a blur. I did a check on the size of my original Image and everything looked good (128x128 72dpi and comp 9). I figure I would give the old image a shot and convert it back to tga and then back to paa, and it worked. I did not have gimp or texview2 on this computer so I got a fresh dl, maybe something with newer versions?

After slamming my face in a desk all day i've figured it's the type of compression used by the file causing the transparency issues.

My original one was RGBA8888 in Png format and in PAA format, however after going back through photoshop with the original logo, re-saving and changing it to PAA again the compression used was DXT5, something I noticed all logos that were working used.

I have fix it in a Way. But i don't understand how.

I have convert the picture File from .tga to .png with all the Alphablending and stuff and with compression 0.

Then i convert it from .png to .paa and it works now. i have try it before only with uncompressed Saving.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149304-Template-ArmA-3-for-file-quot-squad-xml-quot&p=2552515&viewfull=1#post2552515

Can anyone explain it why it is working? i have no plan about Graphic an such a thing so i don't get it.

Finally got it working what my issue was is the image had to be 512x512, great mod and addition to our clan.

hemittlogo.png

Hi All, I've had a read through this forum to try and get some help with my XML issues but It seems that I am the only one having this issue. Our Squad XML seem to be working for everyone else in our team but I cannot see mine. Other people can see that my unit has the XML and it shows up on the vehicles. Has anyone got any suggestions to what I can try next? I am also not able to see anyone else with them.

E3RWphz.jpg?1

Welcom to the forum Duck.

I never heard of this problem before, but try double checking your squad url info under your profile to see if the url doesn't contain any error (or space that shouldn't there).

Just a though.

Good luck

I never heard of this problem before, but try double checking your squad url info under your profile to see if the url doesn't contain any error (or space that shouldn't there).

Hey, Thanks for the input. I have double checked my URL and its fine. Other players can see that I am displaying one. I have updated my display drivers and my .net framework drivers. but still no success. I know this is a client side issue.

Howdy.

Ive read through this entire post from page one and none of the suggestions given worked for me.

I am getting my squad logo .paa file in game to be nearly completely invisible.

The file size is 512x512x72 DXT5 .paa

I would love to know what I could do exactly to fix this.

I've used both GIMP and Photoshop for this and neither helped much.

The squad URL works obviously since I do see my image, but its nearly invisible. So its clearly something about the image rather than the xml option?

EDIT:

To everyone who are having issues please notice:

ARMA-3 wont force the squad logo .paa to update locally! Meaning that if you are using the same squad logo file name, for example 'logo.paa' - despite being updated on the website/ftp it will not on your end and you will see the old logo. Make sure to delete your local version by going (on windows 7) to Appdata>Local>Arma3>Squads>"your squad name folder" and delete the .paa file you recieved from your website/ftp where the logo is hosted!

This is the reason I thought it was not working, but is now working.

Image size 512x512x72 on PS saved as PNG and moved through TexView2 and made into a DXT5 .paa

Edited by Garmagor

Garmagor, you are a lifesaver. After months of anger you have solved my problem. My computer had not created a folder in my squad directory. Once I added the files it all worked fine. Thanks mate

Hi All, I've had a read through this forum to try and get some help with my XML issues but It seems that I am the only one having this issue. Our Squad XML seem to be working for everyone else in our team but I cannot see mine. Other people can see that my unit has the XML and it shows up on the vehicles. Has anyone got any suggestions to what I can try next? I am also not able to see anyone else with them.

http://i.imgur.com/E3RWphz.jpg?1

I am experiencing this also, my gut feeling is that it could be a video setting but i am clueless as to which it could be

OK i have this problem too. Squad.xml works with all of us, but logo don't. I have tested .png .paa .jpg and it shows only white square where logo is supposed to be. 200x200 is size of it.

Any thoughts on that?

E: 512x512 .jpg now works in arma 2 but not in arma 3

I had to copy it to my C:\Users\local\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\squads\**** and then it works in arma 2

E2: now it don't. i saw it but fellow clanmate didn't. Also it disappears from that location after short while.

Edited by ukko

anyone know a fix for xml not working on Linux server? my xml works when I join windows servers but is gone when I joinmy Linux?

does anyone know if the uniforms will start showing your squad patch?

Is this working yet ??

OK i have this problem too. Squad.xml works with all of us, but logo don't. I have tested .png .paa .jpg and it shows only white square where logo is supposed to be. 200x200 is size of it.

Any thoughts on that?

E: 512x512 .jpg now works in arma 2 but not in arma 3

I had to copy it to my C:\Users\local\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\squads\**** and then it works in arma 2

E2: now it don't. i saw it but fellow clanmate didn't. Also it disappears from that location after short while.

I got it working. I had to get byethost to host those files. Dropbox just wouldn't work properly.

I have tested is today a few times because i want to change it a bit.

It works ONLY with plain straight links like:

www.yourdomain.com/folder/squad.xml

ANY kind of script or referer would break it.

That mean

Windows live aka Onedrive, google drive, dropbox etc.

DON'T WORK

and i wonder, this is the only thread i can found with some proper infos about squad.xml since 4 Years ^^

/€: My old Problem appears right now:

Logo is dark in the Map view (under "players") and not shown on the vehicles and on the uniform.

my own solution don't work right now. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140516-template-arma-3-for-file-squadxml/?view=findpost&p=2489798

I try another approach this evening

/€²: I found the Error. It was a case of "Too many Trees to see the Forest"