Placebo

Player looking for squad (not for squads to post looking for players!)

Please everyone use this thread if interested in joining a squad instead creating a separate thread for each search.

This thread is not for squads looking for players!

Please everyone use this thread if interested in joining a squad instead creating a separate thread for each search.

This thread is not for squads looking for players!

Edited by Placebo

I'm looking for a uk clan who can help a newcomer. I've played arma 2 for a week or so and I just started arma 3. I would like clan that's fun to be in and skilled enough to teach me the ropes. Thanks

• Like 6

Hi,

I'm a dutch arma player who started summer 2012 with arma 2, never had a day without arma ever since.

Right now doing alot of mission making in the new arma 3.

For the last year I've been in a pre-military school, learning the basics of combat in the army.

Besides the basics I am prepared to be a sargeant in the armywhen I graduate, so my leading skills are well builded.

I am looking for a realistic milsim squad who is serious enough about playing this game.

Please contact me any way, and tell me what you have to offer me as a squad.

Also tell me what you would expect and wish to see from me as a member.

Greetings

• Like 3

Heyo,

Looking for an English-speaking clan/group that could help a rookie to learn more about Arma 3. I've never played any of the other Arma games or DayZ mod, so I'm still figuring out the basics. Last two days I've been playing the single player showcase of the game, and I've really enjoyed it, but I wanna give multiplayer a shot. It feels kinda awkward when I'm playing alone and joining a random server, so I thought it might be better to join some sort of clan or group instead. :)

I'm new to these forums, but if there is any clan/community clan that I can/should join, I'd be happy if someone could point me some directions. If anyone want's to know more about me, feel free to check my steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rydden

• Like 1

I'm a 26 year old guy in the US timezone who is looking to join a group of players that really enjoys co-op play with a fairly serious attitude. I'm not looking to do hardcore RP, but I don't mind an atmosphere of realism.

I'm more than happy to use whatever comms program is required and go through training.

I'm just tired of playing with people that don't have a clue, really. I've tried dropping in a few comms that I found in the forums already, but barely any of them have been active.

If interested, please PM me!

Hello everyone, I am a 25 year old US central player. I am fairly new to the Arma world. I have played dayz so I am familiar with the basic mechanics of Arma 2. I have recently found myself tired of arcade/lone wolf shooters. I miss the battlefield 2 experience when pc gaming was more teamwork oriented. I have played red orchestra and it has piqued my interest in a more realistic team oriented game. I love being part of a whole and working in a team, so I feel Arma is a good fit. I am currently in the alpha and found the learning curve to be quite high. I am looking for a veteran group of players who will help me learn the ropes. I feel I would be an asset to any team as I am a very loyal and team oriented person who likes to play seriously and still have fun doing it. Please feel free to pm me or contact me at j.zhartung@gmail.com Thanks all and hopefully I will see you on the battlefield.

Hello lads.. I am rather new to the ArmA game, I didnt have the opportunity to play ArmA 2 but being in the army for serveral years i was on the look out for a good tactical game and i came across Arma 3. I have to say i am impressed by the game (even though its still in Alpha) but in the same time a bit confused by it. I am having a difficult time to prosses all the info needed to get the hang of the game play (well played AA a long time ago ) so i am looking for a group that can show me the ropes, (damn back to bootcamp after 10 years). So if any1 is willing please to gimme a heads up

In Search Of

Scheduled Playtimes: This is the big one, a strict requirement. Most of the pitches I've heard tell me something like "Oh, we play evenings when we're on and we might schedule stuff sometimes". I have an erratic schedule, I may or may not be on. If you tell me when you'd like to play, I can happily set the time aside.

18+ somewhat mature players: I understand that some adults are childish, and many teens are mature, but I wanted to draw the line somewhere. In my experience, I've seen more people older than twenty-five act mature than under. This is not a hard and fast rule, but it is a main consideration.

PvP and Coop: Yes, both. I understand PvP may be an issue if a group is too small, but I'd at least like to know that it would certainly happen in the future.

English speaking NA servers preferred. (Max Ping: 150): I may be able to play on some European/Australian servers with less than 150 ping. If you think I can do that, I'm up for trying it out.

Dedicated server preferred (No laggy local servers): I'd rather not join a privately hosted server with a 200 ping. That said, I'm perfectly happy to do it if you have the hardware, etc. If you're just starting off and we hit it off, I'm happy to chip in a few dollars to help pay for server costs.

Serious fun: I'm not seeking total realism, I want serious fun. A group that takes a mission seriously, actively working together to do whatever needs to be done. I'm not looking for a group full of strict ranks, requirements, rules, regulations, etc. Some light banter, goofing off, etc should be allowed. Obviously some leadership is necessary, just don't overdo it. Screaming at someone for forgetting to follow radio SOP is overdoing it. Allowing players to run off -Rambo style- like they're playing DayZ, is underdoing it.

Push-to-talk VOIP only: I don't like open mic comms, such as Skype. ACRE, or something similar, should be used when it becomes available for A3.

Actively growing: Being a part of a small core of players is great. I've had great fun with just a few friends in many, many games, this one included. That said, I enjoy Arma most when I'm with a large group of people. I don't need an enormous group of players, but I do want a group that wants to grow. I know I won't get many invites from huge successful Arma groups anyway. Let's be frank, if your group is already fantastically successful, you probably wouldn't be reading this thread.

About Me

Since I've posted a long list of what I want from a group, it's only fair to describe what you get. Anything else can be covered in the initial interview. This post is becoming long, so I'm putting this part in spoilers.

Time Zone: CST

Availability: Flexible, mostly evenings CST

I've played 400+ hours of Arma II and consider myself a slightly above average, though nowhere near expert, player. I can pilot helicopters enough to get from point A to point B without killing everyone, but that's about it. I don't pilot often, as it's usually boring for me. My favorite aspect of the game is infantry combat, and that's what the game does best. I can be available for most scheduled events, and I can probably stay for a few hours.

Since I'm not just looking for a random group of strangers to play with, I would also be active on forums, chats, etc. I am willing to help the group grow, actively seeking new recruits that might fit. I'm also willing to throw a few dollars into a community pot for group costs, such as servers, websites, VOIP, etc. If the group needs help with administrative chores, I'm willing to do what I can, within reason.

The nickname "Jerk" is not a reflection of my personality, as far as I know. It is derived from my last name.

Since I've posted this, I've had around a dozen invites. I'm grateful for the interest, as it helped me decide what I want in a group. I rewrote this post to reflect these changes and better describe what I'm looking for. I will continue to edit this post as I see fit.

Add me on Steam by clicking here: steam://friends/add/76561198046669170 From there, we can chat or talk on VOIP. If, after the initial interviews, we're on the same page, I'll try the group out and see if we fit each other. If I say no deal, I ask that you try to be reasonable about it. I've had one guy get very angry that I refused his offer. Would you rather I say "I'll think about it." and then never talk to you again? Besides, if I felt pressured into a group that I didn't really want to join, that would be a lose-lose situation. I wouldn't have fun, and you would have a member that really didn't care much about your group.

Edited by DavidJerk
Making post inactive

Hi,

I'm a 22yo Belgian player and I'm looking for a squad.

I've only played in public games so far (arma 2 & 3) but lately the amount of inexperienced players who think this is yet another casual shooter make most games less fun for me.

So if you have a good tactical squad with good leaders please contact me :)

I'm not a very talkative person but I have access to a good quality microphone and any voice comms you would want me to use.

I prefer infantry support roles (corpsman, AT, Machinegunner) but am open for any role. I even can fly planes a bit.

PS: I'm fluent in both Dutch and English (speaking and writing).

Hi folks, I'm 28 from North-East England looking for a realism unit to game with. I have been playing since the original ARMA, racked up over 300 hours in ARMA 2 OA, mostly playing domination and other Player vs AI games but never been a member of a group.

I enjoy working as part of a team and although I have spent many hours in the role of a marksman I have always used the role to support teammates rather than just getting easy kills.

My regular gaming times on ARMA will be Friday evenings and weekends as I work through the week. I have a working mic.

EST American player looking for a semi-serious group to play with. I do not really mind pvp or coop missions, I follow orders and I like to have fun. I joined shacktac a while back and found them to be a little to serious. Though I did love a lot of what they did and if there is any group who is similar and looking for some fresh blood for Arma 3 please send me a pm. Thanks

About me:

Time Zone: EST

Available to play: Most evenings and weekends

BFBC, BFBC2, and BF3 veteran

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie to Arma so I'm looking for a group of casual and ACTIVE players. I would like to learn more about the game and have some fun with the editor, etc.

My experience of Arma 3 has been so much fun over the last few days and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the game.

Send me a message! Thanks

Steve

About me:

Time Zone: Mountain

Available to play: Most evenings and weekends

Hey guys, I am new to the ARMA series and looking to get into a group that I can learn from and grow as a player in a milsim environment.

Shoot me a message if you have an opening that I can fill.

28 year old from the northwest looking for a squad to play wasteland with. I've played a decent amount of ArmA 2 and I'm no stranger to PC FPS games in general. I'm just over the lone wolf situation as well as horribly immature teammates who have no idea what they're doing and would enjoy a squad to incorporate some actual tactics into the game. Able to play pretty much every night after 6pm PST and also on the weekends. PM me.

I am looking for a casual squad to play traditional ARMA game types, not really wasteland or dayz. I do not have a mic and do not like using one but im not a child if that would cause any doubt. PM me.

Looking for a nice German team. I like PVP (AAS) and Coop missions.

I'm 26 and have some experience with Arma 2 on AAS Servers 2-3 years ago and some Coop time before.

I like flying helicopters and shooting of course :P

looking for a team to play missions with who act maturely and play serious but also have some sense of humor....

have played arma 2 and been oin this since release, uk based on for maybe 4-5 hours a day pm me if interesdted.

Greetings fine gents,

In advance sorry for the length of this post, it is though, on purpose. Those who don't feel like reading you are more than welcome to just skip that poster, to the others, thank you for your time. I am indeed searching for a Community (yes, with a capital 'C') to join up and take part in.

A bit about me:

-I'm a 29 years old european (France GMT+1) looking for a mature clan to join, I don't play OA anymore, only Arma III CAlpha,

-I do have a mic along with TS3 and will happily connect when able and take part in various convos, note that I might not always be able to respond back at all times, out of respect for my entourage. I also might be a bit shy at first because of the language barrier (I haven't really had the chance to speak English in a long time, in advance sorry about that),

-No real military experience,

-I am into video games since the early 90s and play very regularly (daily if able), often in sessions of a few hours (if able),

-My english is decent though I still do need a lot of practice,

-Game-wise, I only really jumped into the Armed Assault train at the Arma 2 release though I played a tiny bit of its earlier titles. Apart from Arma, I have a soft spot for simulations like the DCS, Flight Sim or Silent Hunter series to name a few. I also am quite a fan of RTS, turn-based and management games like Supreme Commander, Dwarf Fortress or the Total Wars, amongst others,

-I am usually a patient person if given the chance, I like to try and talk before raising the fists, still I'm not so insensitive to fighting fire with fire. I highly value humility and tolerence and only & always join with the 'good' oriented side if such a manichean view is in order,

-In Arma 3 I have yet to find a prefered 'class', that said I enjoy like most people the straightforward gameplay of the rifleman yet enjoy the supportive role of the medic and the help of the helicopter Pilot can offer to a team (currently equipped with a TrackIR5),

-I understand an order is meant to be followed, not questioned.

My ideal clan: i:e what I'm looking for

Shell aspects:

-Focuses mostly on Arma III,

-Operates within a well organized squad/section/team system and chain of command (assign members within a fixed squad with a fixed officer that is responsible for it, whom respond to a senior officer etc),

-Is organised within a decent (preferably copied after a real army) rank system with proper insignia & with possible 'career' advancement. (A medal and ribbon system would be great!),

-Host a TS server and Have or at least Plan to own a dedicated Arma III server, if not for op training or clan events, only to provide its community a hacker-free environment,

-Have a website and/or forum to provide its community with a proper roster, event and various clan updates.

Core aspects:

-Welcome out-of-the-egg players and veterans alike,

-Emphasize on respect, maturity and bonding,

-Doesn't allow members under 18 at the bare minimum, no exceptions,

-Has an average member's age that is closer to the 30s than the 18s, age of course isn't always a good representation of a member's maturity but given my past experiences, the higher the age check the more mature a clan, no offense to the younger audience for it's just how things are,

-Accept worldwide members, but english being the only spoken language,

-Doesn't accept just anyone, preferably ask for a reasonable trial period. I am after a group of players to spend quite some time with in the coming months, years maybe. As a result I am after a community that isn't interested in growing big and fast but rather stay quite small but under a manageable 2 digits number, driven by friendship and a brotherly attitude that would naturally favorise bonding thanks to common values. I hardly see me joining a community that has more than 30+ members or something along that line,

-Understand & respect real life comes first,

-Keeps track of its members in a diligent yet flexible and humane manner.

Natural applications:

-Effective use of various formations and tactics in-game along with clear communication's codes that makes for proper ops & missions (or plans to),

-Team members understand in tense and critical situations that the com should be kept clear and not cluttered by the usual chit chat that is more welcomed during slower paced/more relaxed situations,

-Officers and people in charge understands they have to fairly enforce an articulated and clear enough English, bad settings and/or microphone/headphone's sometimes being a difficulty to proper understanding, no need to add to that,

-Offers various training programs (or plans to),

-Enjoy the fast paced action like most of us but also, and that is important, isn't afraid of the immersive slow-paced tactical dimension the Arma series is build upon that would bore many less patient modern players.

-Plays seriously, almost light role-play, yet in a friendly manner that won't condemn a touch of humor here and there. In other words, a community that is serious enough to be effective and get the job done but still knows we're all after the same thing, fun & a good time. :)

In advance I am sorry it it feels maybe elitist or pretentious, that is in no way my intention, that is just the type of Community I'm after, where I want to thrive and evolve. If you feel you are part of such a Community and think I share the same values as the clan you represent or are part of, please feel free to ask me anything in pm and I'll gladly get back to you ASAP. Until then, thanks for reading and stay frosty!

Cheers

Hello, I'm Gambles, both in game and out.

I'm looking to join a group/clan to have some fun with Arma III.

About me:

-I'm 24 years old, from Canada, and I have a girlfriend, work, and a son outside of this game.

-I have a mic and decent gaming rig (i5-3570k, HD 7870, 16 GB ram) so I can handle the game appropriately.

-I have been gaming on PC since I was very young, didn't much care for how restricted the consoles are.

-I'm not an immature fool, but I'm also not a super serious guy either, I have no military background.

-I started the series with Arma II all though I didn't clock that many hours into because it was just me and a buddy doing missions when we could.

-I've played all kinds of military shooters prior to Arma, my most lengthy stints were in the older Battlefield games.

What I'm looking for:

-A laid back group of guys or a clan that is recruits 20+. I'm not against younger lads but I just enjoy my company to be around my maturity level.

-I'm up for anything and everything, I understand this game has a lot to offer and look forward to taking advantage of that as much as I can.

-I would prefer a group/clan that doesn't take itself too seriously, if I wanted to be in the military I would be.

-A welcoming environment with no group/clan politics or drama. I've played many MMO's myself and have no desire for such things.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Gambles

Hello, I'm Patryz, and I'm looking for a community to start playing ArmA 3.

I'm 28, Italian, and I understand and speak english. I'm a mature PC player and I've been part of many communities on many games over the years. I'm fairly new to the ArmA games and and I'm pretty amazed by the possibilities it offers. However I also think that many of those possibilities requires a team that knows what to do, and that's why I'm looking for people to play with.

I can offer my time after 6:30 PM GMT+1 during work days, up to 3 days during work days, and about 12 hours on weekends. I'm not a pro, but I learn fast if you take the time to explain stuff to me or point me to the right resources. I also have an high end machine that can easily play Arma3 on more than ultra with high and stable fps.

I'm looking for a group of mature people that play for fun, but still take the game seriously and try to do their best. I'll provide any additional info you may require!

Thanks for taking the time to read, looking forward to start playng arma with someone :)

Hello

I am a laid back 27 years old german who is looking for a group of mature and humorous people to play Arma with. A few days ago I bought the Arma 3 Alpha and I am loving it so far. Altough I am not new to the Arma series, I have only very little experience with the serious playstyle of military sims, which means that I still have a lot to learn ;) . Coming from other fps such as BF2&3, Cs and so on, I prefer playing PVP, but am also willing to try other gamemodes (altough I don't like wasteland). I have a mic and TS3 so that is not a problem.

I also speak english fluently (but far from perfect) and am not necessarily looking for a german only group. If you are willing to take in a noob and teach him some stuff, I will be a viable addition. At the moment I also have lots of sparetime so I am online a lot.

Thanks for considering me

Cheers

Hi guys I'm 34 in the Eastern US Time Zone. I'm looking for a realism group for CoOp missions foremost but also like TvT. I am new to the arma series but I was in a group for Battlefield 2142 Titan mode for quite some time. I played many roles in that game but my primary was to pilot the transport helis and defense of the base. I'm looking for a cool group that can either do smaller missions or large scale battles. I'm mostly on at night after midnight during the week and am usually available on the weekends and could play 3-4 nights a week. Being new I'm hoping that one of you will reach out and show me the ropes, so that I can be an asset to a group. Thanks.

Hello Gamers.

I'm looking for a clan in ARMA 3 I was in a clan in ARMA 2 we played DayZ because it was a DayZ clan.

I never played with the mods ACRE,ACE and other.

I like to play Wasteland,Blitzkrieg,TDM.

I think i'm prety tactical but i defenitley gain experience when playing with experienced players.

Some Information:

Name:Manuel

Timezone:GMT+1

Mic:Yes

TS3:Yes

Yes,Thats a little bit about me.

Thanks.