Is there easy way to do minefield with properties like radius, number of mines, mine type etc.

I did some research and I found ArmA2 minefield scripts, but they have different logic since ArmA2 does not have mines. I also tried to search for random item spawn scripts, but I could not find anything useful. I'm new to SQF and browsing through all commands seemed kinda silly to do.

Edit: I found out that there is createMine, but I could not find what parameters it takes.

Edited by ssg

nvm about any of that just go to modules then sites then choose minefield, all the options you ask for can be adjusted with the ingame module sliders/settings

:) if you have questions just send me a PM

Thanks. I knew there had to be easier way than doing own minefield.sqf. I was thinking way too complexly. At least I can now start scripting with something much more simple. There is quite a lot of things already done in modules. I should check what else there is.

yeah, you should also check out the opfor/blufor sites,

some of them actualy populate the area for you. putting guards in the towers etc. and random patrols

I just opened a dead post from 2013 (How fast time passes ffs).
On my question.

Is there any way i can place a minefield site module random? I mean on mission start, spawn 1,2, any number of minefield module to randomly selected locations.
Of course i tried to link the module to an empty marker but as i expected it didn't work.

So my experienced scripters and Arma mission makers gods , me your humble servant i beg for your help.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

The answer is:

If you're using the minefield modules, you can play with the "condition" field at the bottom of the module. Not the "probability of presence" or "condition of presence" fields!

This way, you can place several modules, Say 3 of them, and set their condition as is:

! isNil "mod1" for the 1st one

! isNil "mod2" for the 2nd one

! isNil "mod3" for the 3rd one

Now add a trigger, set it to TRUE (instead of THIS in condition field)

In on activation condition: missionNamespace setVariable ["mod"+(selectRandom ["1","2","3"]),true]

Now, each time you launch the mission, the trigger runs (condition = TRUE) and the variable mod1 or mod2 or mod3 is created.

The module with the right condition to be initialized, say: !isNil "mod2", will spawn the field. Not the other ones. So play with that as you need.

PS adding modules waiting for initialization is not too much resource consuming, so 3 modules for one active is OK, even if you place a bunch of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1