Sign in to follow this  
Lvxian

HELP Gtx690 :(

Hello everyone, today I bought Arma 3 Alpha. I have a GTX 690 video card.

But in the game I can get maximum 25/30 frame with ultra setting. The core works only 40%. How is this possible? I have a video card of 800 € and I can not play in Arma 3 is absurd...:mad: :(

Hello everyone, today I bought Arma 3 Alpha.....(

Dude, the clue lies in "Alpha", just because you have an $800 Graphics card doesn't mean it will run everything, alphas usually are not optimized for all systems and you may have to wait for a driver update.

I'm not a huge tech guy but i think thats probably your problem, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm playing on a x3 720 processor

4gb 1333mhz Ram

and a Geforece 275

The game runs better than Arma II on my system.

Possibly check your nvidia control pannel for overide settings. Update drivers.

The CPU cant keep up. keep viewdistance and model viewdistance modest for better performance.

try creating a SLI profile for the game, you are only running on a single GPU if you get that kind of performance

Even disabling one core, the active working only 40/60% :confused::(

I do not understand this problem

Monitor your CPU (every core), GPU and hard drive usage, it might give you a clue whether its hardware of software bottleneck. Arma tends to be CPU and HDD limited, if they're bottlenecking you won't get any benefit from the high-end GPU because its resources aren't used at all.

Im have last driver version 314.7

My system configuration:

Intel I7 3770

8Gb ram 1600 Vengeance

SSD OCZ Agility 3

Gtx 690

In game, all core work only 40/60% max... only 25/30 fps...

Hi Lvxian.

the game is in Alpha State. Alot of Optimization is still needed. be petiant and wait for nvidia drivers to be released / and some optimizations updates hopefully...

I have a GTX690 running at 2560x1600 with all settings on V. High, visibility at 2900 and objects around 1500.

I'm getting around 50-80fps depending on where, whats going on etc, although not thoroughly tested everywhere yet, so it may vary but overall I am pleased with the performance / view distance.

BTW, the difference between V. High settings and Ultra IMO is barely noticeable. Just because the setting exists, doesn't mean you have to do everything in your power to enable it.

What's the spec of the rest of your hardware? Its not just about GPU alone.

Lvxian,

What Mr. Hopper was trying to explain is that this is an ALPHA, which means it is not a finished game, only a work in progress.

Edited by Stang69
oops

Disable SLI.

It is not a sli, is a dual gpu. Anyway, I already tried to disable one core. No positive result

It is not a sli, is a dual gpu. Anyway, I already tried to disable one core. No positive result

x2 GPU's = SLI.

I have a GTX690 running at 2560x1600 with all settings on V. High, visibility at 2900 and objects around 1500.

I'm getting around 50-80fps depending on where, whats going on etc, although not thoroughly tested everywhere yet, so it may vary but overall I am pleased with the performance / view distance.

What's the spec of the rest of your hardware? Its not just about GPU alone.

Cpu Intel i7 3770

Ram Vengeance Corsair 1600 8Gb 2x4

Motherboard Asus p8z77 V pro

SSD 240Gb OCZ Agility 3

Gainward Gtx 690

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

x2 GPU's = SLI.

x2 Gpu's in one card is no SLI!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

Cpu Intel i7 3770

Ram Vengeance Corsair 1600 8Gb 2x4

Motherboard Asus p8z77 V pro

SSD 240Gb OCZ Agility 3

Gainward Gtx 690

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

x2 Gpu's in one card is no SLI!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

Have you tried it on V. High instead of Ultra? Also, the clouds seem to have more of an impact than the rest, at least so far from my short tests :P

Lvxian,

What Mr. Hopper was trying to explain is that this is an ALPHA, which means it is not a finished game, only a work in progress.

I know this, but there are other people with the 690 that do not have these problems

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Have you tried it on V. High instead of Ultra? Also, the clouds seem to have more of an impact than the rest, at least so far from my short tests :P

I've tried both in standard and ultra. The gpu does not work 100% also the fps change a little bit. I do not get to 60 fps

Im not doubting, just offering what I have for comparisons sake and perhaps some suggestions.

Also, for what its worth, multiGPU mode being enabled is causing some issues such as flickering mirrors / mini displays etc. Maybe its a driver issue, maybe its a bis issue?

Do you have the latest Nvidia beta driver?

Im not doubting, just offering what I have for comparisons sake and perhaps some suggestions.

Also, for what its worth, multiGPU mode being enabled is causing some issues such as flickering mirrors / mini displays etc. Maybe its a driver issue, maybe its a bis issue?

Do you have the latest Nvidia beta driver?

Yes, i have 314.07 driver

Hello everyone, today I bought Arma 3 Alpha. I have a GTX 690 video card.

But in the game I can get maximum 25/30 frame with ultra setting. The core works only 40%. How is this possible? I have a video card of 800 € and I can not play in Arma 3 is absurd...:mad: :(

try this: pp-very low aa-4 or 8 its about the same for me AF-ultra HDR-standard PIP-very high Dlights-Ultra Vsync in game disable TextQ-Ultra ObjcQ-high TQ-high CloudQ-High ShadowQ-high PQ-Very High ViewD 2000-1000-100... and vsync adaptive or normal, prefer maximum performance on Nvida cp. Control panel power options on High performance. and oc your cpu if you know how to do it. i am getting 60 solid with this settings and not to much ai. Only on the chooper mission i drops to 40-50. i am on gtx680 sli and 3930 4.8ghz.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; on arma3alpha.cfg

Ultra settings is your problem.

And detailed description of all your settings would help even more.

Having a top notch graphics card doesn't = putting sliders to max on all games and being satisfied. This isn't some consloe port, its a PC only title and is scalable as only PC titles can be, not to mention the series has a long and proud tradition of pushing hardware years past its release date.

A2 will still beat your card if go overboard with view distance. So expect some improvements but don't expect to max out sliders anytime soon if ever. They have to leave something for the twin Titans to gloat about.

From my observations so far SLI is working both cores well. There are also some things you probably need to understand about what your settings are doing, for instance some sliders such as shadow and object detail will drop quality in order to push out the draw distance making them 'sliders to taste' not 'slidders to more shiny stuff"

I'll post up my settings (GTX690 on tripplehead) a bit later when I'm home so you can compare, you may not agree with all due to taste but it will give you something to work with.

But for starters drop textures to standard (remember you've only got 2G ram to use) and post process to low.

Edit: double checked SLI performance using nvidia inspector and both cores seemed to be working to thier full potential

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

gtx 690 here and the same problems !!!

i7 7770

ssd 240gb

gtx690

8gb ram

:(

Does MOBO model not matter so much in all this discussion of performance? I never see anyone offer it when describing their system. I have a P8Z68 V Pro/gen 3 and I always worry it's not optimized perfectly with all my other components. CPU/GPU etc

Mobo has next to no influence on performance, pci-e controller and memory controller is on the cpu, so it communicates directly with the other parts that matter.

Only reason to buy a semi expensive board is features and overclocking capability.