kronzky

Urban Patrol Script

Grave digging here, sorry.... Will this work in ARMA 3 public Zeus, official servers?

I'm usually an admin when I play zeus, as both player and zeus. This looks like a very useful script - maybe better than the editor built-in patrol script. Will it work on an official server?

Just curious has anyone found a real fix or what really caused the units to go to combat mode when no enemy forces were within the area. I still use this but I add the NOAI parameter ie information sharing so the bug does not happen on a partol the units need to make contact for them to go into combat mode.

It's sad that ups and upmons are mostly broken now. I have been using GiAI and and USPS for my partol scripts for now. 

On 7/2/2018 at 4:17 AM, avibird 1 said:

Just curious has anyone found a real fix or what really caused the units to go to combat mode when no enemy forces were within the area. I still use this but I add the NOAI parameter ie information sharing so the bug does not happen on a partol the units need to make contact for them to go into combat mode.

It's sad that ups and upmons are mostly broken now. I have been using GiAI and and USPS for my partol scripts for now. 

If anyone is interested the bug is caused by manually placed (allied) units on Eden, the workaroud is to set every unit to "safe" in the editor. If one scripted AI spots a non-scripted allied AI with "aware" (or beyond) state it will switch to combat mode or aware. I will look into the code as i have the time, i grave digged this script for a mission of mine last week and is very well done, would be a shame to leave it like that 😄

Long shot as Kronzky has been away for some time.... does anyone know how to stop UPS hiding the marker you send it as a parameter? I've had a look over its code and his style baffles me a little. Anyone?

10 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Long shot as Kronzky has been away for some time.... does anyone know how to stop UPS hiding the marker you send it as a parameter? I've had a look over its code and his style baffles me a little. Anyone?

If I'm reading it right, it should be:

nul=[this, "markerName", "showmarker"] execVM "ups.sqf"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

If I'm reading it right, it should be:

nul=[this, "markerName", "showmarker"] execVM "ups.sqf"

Yes, that works - and it's given me some insight into how he works with passed parameters. Thank you.

Hi sorry for bringing this old post up but I still use UPS for some of my missions. It still works mostly a few bugs but overall still works.

Question there is a parameter to track the units movements with a movable icon on the group itself ( a number like 12 ect) then a static destination marker 12. So you know where the unit is moving to. 

The issue is when you destroy the group and if you are using respawn with the group the destination marker remains on the map for that destroyed group.  Yes I can remove the tracker from the parameters but I was wondering if anybody knew a way to get the destination marker to remove when the unit is destroyed. 

Avibird