kronzky

Urban Patrol Script

Neither "fortify", "reinforcement", "spawned", or "respawn" are part of the options for UPS (and have never been). Perhaps you have been using a modified version of UPS that had these options added?

Thanks for taking the time to confirm the misunderstanding. Yes, I just realized a few hours ago that I was using modified version on ArmA2 from Dev-Heaven. https://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki

This accounts for the confusion in features. My testing shows that they're version (which is like 5.0.3) does not work correctly with A3. And obviously using the real UPS doesn't offer these features. I can say that the features they have in there version are quite powerful, but can be buggy when using with other mods in A2. Maybe they will add those features again to the base UPS and release it for A3.

I feel like an idiot for asking this because I'm sure there's an obvious answer I'm missing.

This is my first time using scripts in ARMA and I'm a little confused about how I change optional arguments in UPS.

For example: I think I've correctly set this to place units at random locations on the ground.

// drop units at random positions
_initpos = "RANDOMN";
if ("RANDOM" in _UCthis) then {_initpos = "RANDOM"};
if ("RANDOMUP" in _UCthis) then {_initpos = "RANDOMUP"}; 
if ("RANDOMDN" in _UCthis) then {_initpos = "RANDOMDN"}; 

but for something like this:

// suppress fight behaviour
if ("NOAI" in _UCthis) then {_issoldier=false};

I don't know how to change it. Where would I edit it to use the enhanced AI?

Edit: Uh, not so sure I did that first bit right either now. I'm totally lost on this stuff :(

Edited by Rent249

I dont have Arma3 but anyone who does and is new to this, this is a god send for whipping up random patrol missions.

Hi there - great release! UPS is really useful, Kronzky. Thank you for updating it to Arma 3.

I am not familiar with how scripts like UPS interact with players in multiplayer missions so I thought I would ask here: If I wanted to run the script in, say a coop multiplayer mission (or any MP mission for that matter), can I simply include the script and use it as per the instructions - put the appropriate code in a unit's INIT field and that's it? Or do I need to make sure it runs on the server itself and, if so, how should I go about that?

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide. I tried looking this up myself but could not seem to find any specific references relating to using something like UPS, unfortunately.

Edited by wickedfable

hi guys i love this script i use it on my all missions in arma 2 :) but i have 1 noob question and sory for my very bad english i hope u unterstunt what i type :) so my question is if i make 1 group for example and i use marker area with showmarker order so the other player can see in my coop mission where is the enemy how if all enemy killd and the marker delete can move the same group and the marker to other area like new mission start on the map ... for example if i kill all enemys in airfield i want the same group off enemy and the same marker respawn in other place on map ??? sory for my chinishe english again but i try my best :) is that possible????

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

I have put UPS.sqf in My Documents\ArmA 3 Alpha Other Profiles\[profile name]\missions

But when I have edited the map in editor and click preview, it says the script cannot be found. Also I can't see the demo mission even though I have put mission.sqm in that folder.

This is my first time using this editor. Sorry if this is a noob question. Thanks.

jelf just rename the UPS.sqf To ups.sqf without caps lock or in ur player init chance the ups.sqf without caps to UPS.sqf and ur problem fixed :)

EDIT:

Fixed the issue.

Edited by Byrgesen

Thanks a bunch for this script it's awesome, I have encountered two issues however.

The first issue is if I have units using the patrol script and they happen to be named, then they automatically spawn in combat stance and normal speed instead of safe/limited <-(as an example lets say 2 units named A1 and A2, and a trigger with the condition of "!alive A1 and !alive A2"), however I can fix this issue by removing their names, putting "NOFOLLOW" in the unit(s) init code (so they "hopefully" don't leave the area), and simply adding a trigger that stays active as long as opfor are in that area.

The second issue is, that I added this script to a mission I have been working so opfor units would patrol, however... As long as there is even a single blufor unit on the map (literallyother side of the play field, doesn't matter), then all the opfor patrols spawn as hostile instead of how they should be, they spawn in safe mode if no blufor are spawned in... This is the bigger issue of the two because the only way I can see to solve this is to make a clone of what I already have from scratch.

If anyone has any other solutions to these two issues I'm having, please let me know

**EDIT**

I have found a strange solution to my problem... It seems my opfor units are spawning in combat stance IF there is more then one group (2 groups, 1 group + 1 lone unit, etc) set to patrol the same marker area. If I just have one group of any size patrol the zone, the spawn in safe/limited as they should. However this test was done with no blufor units on the map besides the player unit and a couple of units in the player's group. I do not know how they will react if other blufor units are added that are not in the players group or if there are opfor units in their zone that are not under the effects of the script.

i have the same problem , putting 2 patrols in my MP mission then i saw they patrol in combat mode , i have modified nothing this is using the default UPS script and with Bluefor not detected yet by Opfor .

I tried with a trigger that if bluefor was detected by opfor then it say "detected" but nothing , look like there is a bug maybe uhm .

i had too 2 patrols patrolling same area

now i try like you suggested, i ll put the two patrols more far not in same area and I'll see what happen

I made a car patrol the town "Agia Marina" when i noticed that the patrolling car wont drive across the 2 bridges, but will try and find a way to get around it..

dont know if this has a fix?

-Jonas Rasmussen

Edited by Jonas2406

Must have script for all ArmA's generation !

But "Paraiso city" on the first screen doesn't sounds like ArmA 3 ... it sounds like Armed Assaut lol :)

Units seem to run around, prone and go in combat mode instead of going default (Safe/Limited).

yay, A3A compliant UPS ...gj Kronzky and thanks for the years of work on it ...

Definitely one of THE ArmA scripts. Thanks for updating!

Is there a way to make them Run to a marker i.e I spawn them out at a distance from the marker and would like some groups to run back to the patrol area ?

Also i have 2 markers is it possible for them to patrol the first marker for x amount of time then move onto the next marker and patrol for x amount of time and so on ?

Is that possible ?

Edited by psvialli

Is there going to be a proper version of this? This one seems really cut down from the Arma 2 version, it doesn't have the mon_spawn script to spawn upsmon groups in through triggers or whatever, and some other things too.

Is there going to be a proper version of this? This one seems really cut down from the Arma 2 version, it doesn't have the mon_spawn script to spawn upsmon groups in through triggers or whatever, and some other things too.

This is UPS, you're looking for UPSMON, which is a different script made by a different scripter.

Edited by Hund

I'm having the same issue where patrolling units automatically enter combat mode. Using setBehavior didn't work. Any enemy units, anywhere on the map, forces them into combat mode.

did the last update break this on dedi as they no longer patrol tried upsmon as well same think :(

is it the removal of processInitCommands

Edited by psvialli

did the last update break this on dedi as they no longer patrol tried upsmon as well same think :(

is it the removal of processInitCommands

If your not using the "init:" parameter and want to quickly get this working again, you just comment out the lines _newunit setVehicleInit _initstr; and processInitCommands;

If your not using the "init:" parameter and want to quickly get this working again you can just comment out the lines _newunit setVehicleInit _initstr; and processInitCommands;

If your not using the "init:" parameter and want to quickly get this working again you can just comment out the lines _newunit setVehicleInit _initstr; and processInitCommands;

I removed those lines from the .sqf file, but I'm still having the same problem.

I removed those lines from the .sqf file, but I'm still having the same problem.

I removed and the script it's ok now. are two lines, 450 and 465.

best regard

Got the units entering combat mode straight away issue as well, anyone know a fix?

Edited by azz_er