Sign in to follow this  
riouken

Riouken's Gear Menu - Alpha

I have made a simple GUI to help with the new gear system while we are testing Alpha. I made this to test out the new gui setup and to help test out all the gear in A3.

[Disclaimer] My UI still has several bugs, and a bunch of the gear is incomplete or buggy. But the ui is still quite functional.

This is distributed as a mission, I included the MP pbo along with the editor folder for the mission. It is MP compatible. Each player will have an Action to open the menu. If you want to only have this available all the time, you can edit rgm_init.sqf to place the action on an object such as your ammo box.

---Features---

- Can cycle between [Helmets, Clothes, Vests, Weapons, Optics,Attachments, Suppressor's and backpacks]

- You can add ammo for your primary weapons.

- Most of the items will show a hint with picture and the name of the item.

- Some of this gear can only be added by script so it makes quite a bit more gear available than what is normally available.

---Known Issues---

- Some of the gear that I included does not work properly.

- There is an error the first time you open the GUI. ( I'm working on this now and it does not effect the functionality.)

- Some gear combinations are client side only.

- Some gear combinations will glitch your player model.

- I did not include pistols in this release( I might add this later.)

arma32013030614021848.th.jpg

arma32013030614020934.th.jpg

arma32013030614005430.th.jpg

Download - link Updated!

Armaholic - [ALPHA] Riouken's Gear Menu v1.0 - Not updated yet.

Edited by Riouken

Thanks for the hosting Foxhound :), i updated the links in first post.

Thank you for this.

I was unable to use the editor mission version. It just appeared as a big box with grids on my screen that I could add buttons to. The multiplayer version worked nicely tho.

Is it possible to add a window that displays your current loadout in text that is able to be copy & pasted? It would make it much easier to go in mission, set up a loadout with your unit, copy the text, go into editor and paste that text in the units initiation box, start the editor and the unit have the exact same loadout.

Also, is it possible to switch the camera to face the front side of the player when using the gear menu? Would be nice to see what attachments/gear i'm putting on the weapon without having to exit the gear menu to turn my head after every change.

Thank you again, really appreciate this resource.

@lo0se

hmm. Ill have to check into the editor version.(edit - I see the problem, i include the wrong editor file, i will fix it tommorow and update along with a few other things)

I may add a few more things like goggles and a a few other features, but this is mostly for me to learn the new gear system and gui in preparation for RSLO 3.0. I'm just getting started with it but it will have wealth of features and be your go to one stop shop for load-out related addons.

Thank you for this.

I was unable to use the editor mission version. It just appeared as a big box with grids on my screen that I could add buttons to.

Same hapened to me. Waiting for an uppdated awesome editor.

Sorry if i sound like a total noob, but i'm new to this so how would one use this exactly? I have placed the files into my MPMissions folder, do i need to place the PBO elsewhere, or in the same folder? I launched the mission just fine, but how do i bring up this menu?

Also where is this rgm_init.sqf located exactly? I'm not sure i follow. Note, the first thing i've managed to do in the editor related to scripting is to use the crate filler and created one myself with backpacks only, basically making a .sqf file myself, so i kinda know what this is about but not really in this case :P

Thanks.

Edit: lol okay i figured it out, i placed it in the MPMissions in my documents folder, not the arma 3 install folder, menu works now, however, i still don't get what you mean with this "If you want to only have this available all the time, you can edit rgm_init.sqf to place the action on an object such as your ammo box." Please clarify if you can.

Edited by Blace

Great!

I placed the Gui_Editor.stratis folder and Gear_menu.stratis.pbo file in my Documents directory (C:\Users\****\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\Gliptal\missions), is this correct?

Yay!

When I use the Gui_Editor, where does the exported format save? Cus it dosn't show up in my mission folder?

I included the wrong Editor mission, that is not the correct mission, I will post an update in a few minutes with the correct files. You can re - download.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Updated with correct files - link

I included the wrong Editor mission, that is not the correct mission, I will post an update in a few minutes with the correct files. You can re - download.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Updated with correct files - link

Thanks Riouken, thats amazing!

Hi me and some friends are making a life mod to ARMA 3. I wonder if you want to help us out we will give you credits ofc.

If you want add me on skype: xxwipyxx

Great showcase really, I can finally try different weapon customization easily!

Yay!

This addons should be very good !! But I don't understand what does it make.

I french and please can you make a little tutorial for the french community ?

Thanks you very much !!

I can try to make it as easy as possible in English:

- Unrar the package

- Move Gui_Editor.stratis folder and Gear_menu.stratis.pbo file in C:\Users\****\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\****\missions

- Open ArmA III

- Open the editor

- Click on the "Open Mission" folder in the top bar

- Select the mod entry (I can't remember the exact name right now)

- Click on the "Preview" button

- Middle mouse click to access the Mod: you can now change weapons and equipment

Be advised the first time you try and change something the game might crash: reload and everything should be fine...

Yay!

This is awesome, Thanks!

Edited by johnofwax
RTFM, I did.

My PC just went BSOD using the attachments menu...

Yay!

EDIT: Disregard, was my OCd VGA that went FUBAR exactly as I clicked on the menu...

Edited by Gliptal

Getting these errors when I open the menu:

Handler not present

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.textureNoShortcut'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundPush'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundClick'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundEscape'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.HitZone'.

Warning Message: No entry '.left'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.HitZone'.

Warning Message: No entry '.top'.

Menu still works, they just pop-up when opened the first time.

sort of the same messages! at least the first one I remember!

but still AWESOME script! would love to see this complete bugfree and expanded!

Getting these errors when I open the menu:

Handler not present

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.textureNoShortcut'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundPush'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundClick'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\description.ext/Rio_gear_gui/helmet_b.soundEscape'.

Warning Message: No entry '.left'.

Warning Message: No entry '.top'.

Menu still works, they just pop-up when opened the first time.

Has anyone or the original scriptor corrected these or possibly updated to Alpha Stable 0.58 ?