Sign in to follow this  
ringoray

DAC Arma 3

Has anybody tried to use DAC yet with the Alpha? I have made a config for Opfor and whilst waypoints generate like they should, the units do not spawn in for some reason. Look at this config, I am sure its done correctly but I might have missed something.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// A3OP

case 28:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["O_soldier_TL_F","O_soldier_AR_F,"O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_F"];

_Unit_Pool_V = ["O_Galkin_GMG_F"];

_Unit_Pool_T = [];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

Not yet, but I plan to tonight. I have tried Garrison (I usually use it with DAC) with a simple EAST infantry only deploy. That worked.

Lemme know how your testing goes - I'll post up what ever I find too.

I'm having trouble with units spawning as well, my waypoints correctly configure themselves. I've edited all the classnames to include A3 supported one but they wont work.

had a quick look, changed markers "dot" to "mil_dot" and "o_empty" to empty"

and of course a couple of names and they spawned, will need other marker names changed I'm guessing when you add vehicles.

get it here for quick example and use kdiff3 to compare the 2 folders

I got it working very well. If you are having troubles spawning units you havent put in the correct classnames. Only took me about 10-15 minutes to change the settings needed to port it. I will release a DAC mission later today and then you guys can take a look at what I did.

PS: One problem I have run into is the patrol function of DAC (When soldiers exit a vehicle to patrol a waypoint), and they often end up just sitting in the vehicle for a long time instead.

Edited by Ascorius

I believe that may be a problem with the ARMA 3 AI, they won't dismount until they receive fire, or even until its disabled

@Ascorius that would be very nice of you to do so. I look forward to trying your mission. Thanks!

I got it working very well. If you are having troubles spawning units you havent put in the correct classnames. Only took me about 10-15 minutes to change the settings needed to port it. I will release a DAC mission later today and then you guys can take a look at what I did.

It's just script-based or does it need a addon, such as CBA?

I posted my DAC mission. Its in the mission thread. The only thing I had proper problems with in the end was getting non camp mortars to fire. They did once, but I have been pretty drunk while having fun with the a3 editor (too much gaming and drinking), and I could not find out how the HELL you can get non camp artillery to fire using DAC. Its the scripted version of DAC ofcourse (I never understood why anyone used the non scripted version), and every function except the mentioned one works fine). If you copy my DAC settings you will have two different camps... one that is just a campfire, and one that is just some blocks in a square. I used the campfire myself. And if you want to place a DAC camp on Stratis, be prepared for trying and failing... A3 DOES not like DAC camps or rather, DAC does not like Stratis, so there are VERY few places you can place camps.

Its the scripted version of DAC ofcourse (I never understood why anyone used the non scripted version), and every function except the mentioned one works fine).

ACE includes DAC so it's just easier to use that if you are already using ACE :p

Were you able to get camps working with respawn? Also have you tried a different waypoint config to see if camps spawn easier (one with less of a distance check between objects)?

edit: or forcing a camp spawn using game logic and setDir 5;

Edited by SavageCDN

Have you guys noticed problems with the "Building Searching"? My groups detect a building, try to enter it, then just stand around the same spot not moving off.

Turning off the "Building Searching", seems to sort the problem.

DAC working like a charm now, Thanks to Ascorius for making his mission, was a great help.

Has anyone had any luck with recent beta builds of A3? I can get DAC units to spawn fine, but A3 is still throwing script errors every which way.

Will DAC soon be updated to be compatible with A3?

I've made a mission with it and although it works, everytime I run the mission I get a 100MB+ rpt file dumped onto my system drive with literally over 4 million lines of DAC errors. Not usable as is right now.

I think there is a need for DAC to be ported to Arma 3... (IMO) it was hands-down the best AI mod for Arma 2.

As mentioned in Skype I can help with identifying and testing the problems currently when running it in A3.

Initial observations:

- lots of undefined variable stuff (not surprising)... the largest one being for the named player units that are listed in DAC_Config_Creator yet do not exist in the game (it will throw up a TON of script errors every few seconds)

- debug errors with DAC_Config_Marker enabled - some are fixed by changing a few classnames, others are more serious errors

- respawn camps do not really work (at least for me) unless you set them to config 11 (no actual camp items or statics spawned, just a logic).. this may be due lack of locations on Stratis when I was using it.... can't remember ATM.

edit: I am attempting to contact the original author (mapfact/Silola) to see about permissions... if anyone has any info would be appreciated.

Edited by SavageCDN

Hi mates

is possible to play in the moment the new DAC for Arma 3.

Little bit updated and some other features (e.g the loadout system and more)

All this undefinied variable error are away.

But we have no permission to make this stuff public.

No answer from Silola at the moment.

Cheers

Edited by Valery

Thanks for your reply Valery I guess we'll just have to be patient and pray to the AI gods :p