Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

SupportCall - "Cheat" module

The Arma2 "SupportCall" module has been ported to A3.

Be aware though, that due to the limited content/functionality in the Alpha, some features will not work (e.g. objects will not be dropped from planes but placed directly in front of you, no UAVs are available, and weather settings cannot be changed), but the main functions are all there.

For those of you unfamiliar with the old version, here's a quick overview.

Once the SupportCall module is installed, the following actions can be performed in any SP mission or campaign, allowing you to fix issues that keep you from continuing, or modifying the way a mission is (re)played:

• Spawn vehicles, weapons, magazines:
    • Any equipment available to your side can be air-dropped, either at the player's location, or a position defined on the map. (This includes any special equipment added by expansions or mods.)

[*]Switch uniform:

• Change to a different unit type (either keeping the current equipment, or using the new type's default loadout).

[*]Manage units:

• The player's group members can be totally immobilized, to keep them from moving and shooting.
    • The player can leave (or re-join) his group, or become the leader (if he isn't yet).
    • Other soldiers present in the mission can be recruited to the player's group.
    • Other AI unit can freed, if they're stuck on a terrain obstacle.
    • Vehicles of AI group members can be locked and unlocked.

[*]Request Intel:

• Receive information about troop location and strength. (Information can be marked on the map.)
    • Have the source of incoming shots indicated (relative to the player) on a special display.
    • Access existing UAV/ULB video feeds anywhere on the map, or launch your own.

[*]Environment options:

• The current mission time can be forwarded up to 12 hours, to change the time of day you would like to tackle the mission at.
    • The weather can be set by individually controlling overcast, fog, rain and wind.

[*]Other assistance:

• Get unstuck
      If stuck on some terrain obstacle, this will force the player (or his vehicle) out of it.
    • Upright vehicle
      Flipped over vehicles can be put back on their wheels.
    • Recover vehicle
      Destroyed vehicles can be recovered.
    • Unlock vehicle
      Any existing vehicles (even the one the player may be locked into) can be unlocked and used normally.
    • Heal player
      In missions where an injured player must be healed by others, he can nevertheless heal himself, if no medic or AI is responding.
    • Turn off post-processing
      Post-processing effects (e.g. blurriness, color filters) can be disabled.
    • Complete mission
      Missions that can't be completed due to trigger failures can nevertheless be finished "successfully".
    • Extend deadline
      For missions with a deadline, this option allows playing beyond the set time limit.
    • Create restore point:
      Allows you to create a game restore point at any time during the mission.
    • Open debug console:
      Gaia's debug console has been integrated, in order to allow direct execution of script commands.

a3alpha.jpg

Once the module has been installed, it can be used in any mission/campaign via the pause menu.

Dowload location: http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall

Edited by Kronzky

Don't hate, but is there a reason why this isn't available in multiplayer? Is it some sort of check you do within the script or is it just not possible? I understand that something like this can be used to wreak havoc in MP servers (just like an edited copy of Loki's Lost Keys), but for people who do small coop scenarios that want a bit more flexibility this could really help out.

I understand that there might be legit reasons to use something like this in MP, but i don't want to make it quite too easy for some cheaters to use this in a public environment (where addon checks might not have been enabled).

Sure, there are ways to circumvent this, but at least it keeps the stupid/lazy ones at bay...

I understand that there might be legit reasons to use something like this in MP, but i don't want to make it quite too easy for some cheaters to use this in a public environment (where addon checks might not have been enabled).

Sure, there are ways to circumvent this, but at least it keeps the stupid/lazy ones at bay...

Mostly i play my own maps with my brother and your mod would be perfect to get support and having fun against AI. Too bad its aint for coop mp.

I'm too dumb to make this work in the showcases or a MP game that I host.

Great tool! And i'm fine with this not working in MP... to say the least :p

How do I make this work on my own server? not someone elses but my own

Would be great :).

Kronzky,

I have just read that you have converted your cheat tool to ArmA3. Well, that was quick! Thanks a lot!

I use your cheat tool regularly in ArmA2 SP missions but I haven't tried it in ArmA3, yet. So please forgive if this has already been addressed: Could you give the player even more freedom of choice by removing the limitation that the items are available only once? And could you bring the self-healing feature to the the first screen of your tool, as clicking through the menues may cost valuable time when your character is bleeding out.

Other than that, your tool has so many useful features that I really don't want to play SP without it. I think it is far more than a cheat tool, it is almost an on-the-fly mission editor. So, thanks again for sharing.

Mostly i play my own maps with my brother and your mod would be perfect to get support and having fun against AI. Too bad its aint for coop mp.

It is possible to use this module in MP, but you would have to add some code to your specific mission, that would open its dialog.

(I thought I had that info in the readme, but it looks like it got lost at some point. Anyway, it's been added now again.)

Add a radio call trigger or a user action to your mission which executes the following code, and you're all set:

nul=createDialog "KRON_SupportCall_Dlg"

It is possible to use this module in MP, but you would have to add some code to your specific mission, that would open its dialog.

(I thought I had that info in the readme, but it looks like it got lost at some point. Anyway, it's been added now again.)

Add a radio call trigger or a user action to your mission which executes the following code, and you're all set:

nul=createDialog "KRON_SupportCall_Dlg"

Thanks, trying now

Thanks, trying now

Can you help plz pm how to do it? Noob here :).

Can you help plz pm how to do it? Noob here :).

Create a trigger (<F3>) with the following properties, and that's it...

sctrigger.gif

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

There have been a few new additions and improvements made to this addon since the original post.

So, if these might be relevant to anybody, you might want to download the latest version:

http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall

• As had been requested by several people (in the A2 version already), you can now spawn boats and (unarmed) aircraft. Unless you specify their drop position (on dialog map), they will be dropped at end of the nearest airport's runway, or in the nearest open water.
  • When supplies are spawned at night, the smoke and light signals now work.
  • The function to get yourself (or your vehicle) unstuck now works in forward and backwards directions.
  • There shouldn't be any danger anymore of getting killed by a bouncing vehicle, when uprighting one that's stuck.
  • Gaia's debug console has been added.
  • The dialog will remember your last action, and will preselected it when you re-open the dialog the next time.

Edited by Kronzky

Create a trigger (<F3>) with the following properties, and that's it...

http://www.kronzky.info/addons/supportcall/sctrigger.gif

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

There have been a few new additions and improvements made to this addon since the original post.

So, if these might be relevant to anybody, you might want to download the latest version:

http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall

• As had been requested by several people (in the A2 version already), you can now spawn boats and (unarmed) aircraft. Unless you specify their drop position (on dialog map), they will be dropped at end of the nearest airport's runway, or in the nearest open water.
  • When supplies are spawned at night, the smoke and light signals now work.
  • The function to get yourself (or your vehicle) unstuck now works in forward and backwards directions.
  • There shouldn't be any danger anymore of getting killed by a bouncing vehicle, when uprighting one that's stuck.
  • Gaia's debug console has been added.
  • The dialog will remember your last action, and will preselected it when you re-open the dialog the next time.

Thank you very much Kronzky.

Good day to all.

It appears that after the last update of non-dev version debug console is always on screen in the pause menue. And it overlaps "Call for support" button which makes the mod unusable.

Please kindly advise whether the console can be turned off or hidden some way. Or maybe it is possible to move "Call for support" button to some other location to avoid overlapping.

Thank you very much beforehand.

Alexey

It appears that after the last update of non-dev version debug console is always on screen in the pause menue. And it overlaps "Call for support" button which makes the mod unusable.

Please kindly advise whether the console can be turned off or hidden some way. Or maybe it is possible to move "Call for support" button to some other location to avoid overlapping.

How rude of them, to cover up my button! ;)

While it was still possible to reach it via some tabbing, it was a bit of a pain, so I've uploaded a new version (1.8.1) that is using a different position now. (I don't really like the new place, but I guess it's only temporary.)

positiona3_181.jpg

Thanks for letting me know!

Hello Kronzky

I used this module, when I called it to spawn weapons, it worked fine. But once I used it to spawn opticals or other attachments, these items were shown in the box, however I couldn't equip these gun attachments, can u fix the problem?

Thanks

Dear Kronzky, thank you!

Now we can enjoy your addon, at least till next update from BI :)

Alexey

Fantastic mod. It seems to be working when it comes to spawning however, I seem to be having a problem (within the showcases) using the spawned vehicles. I tried "unlock" character as well as the vehicle. It says it is unlocked but wont let me see any of the seats.

Any plans on adding support options? As in, artillery/cas/tanks/apc support? Perhaps when we receive the actual version. I love completing the campaigns with no help what so ever but after you do that once or twice it can get boring... (I used loki lost keys in arma 2). Rolling in with an a tank or Apache is hella fun lol.

Hello Kronzky

im vant to ask you there will be update of your mod for arma3 beta?

Thanks

Yes, please, this was really useful for arma 2. Imagine being pinned down and being able to call for a UAV to recon the threats around you - really nice.

-OP

Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy with other (non-Arma) stuff right now, so I'm afraid it'll be a while before I'll have a chance to get back to modding.

Sorry...

awesome work...but the items like the scopes are spawning but does seem to not work.will you check it out?Also it would be cool to have artillery strike option to deal with the damn tanks :)

I am also noticing the issue with guns not having sights on them, maybe just have it so you can airdrop in ammo crates and such?

If anyone knows how I could do that myself, that would be great.