Sign in to follow this  
exentenzed

Getting a named group of divers out of a boat and moving below water.

Okey so the scenario here is as follows:

I want a group of 4 divers to get out of a boat and then proceed below the water surface to their objective, I can actually make them do that, but only by naming individual units and specifying them in waypoints with actions and flyinheight commands. However, this easily makes a little wall of text, so i am trying to learn how to use groups for this instead.

Here is what i have so far:

{_x moveInCargo ab} foreach units group this; Diver1 = Groupthis; // This i've put in the leader of the diver team init line. What i am trying to do here is to get the team into the boat and create a group called "Diver1".

This works as i want it to, even though im not sure if there is a group beeing created called Diver1.

Next up:

{unAssignVehicle _x} forEach units Diver1; {_x action [getOut, ab]} forEach units Diver1; // This i have put in the boats waypoint on activation, ab is the name of the boat. This does not work. What am i doing wrong?

After that:

{_x flyInHeight -4} forEach units Diver1; // This i have in the diver teams waypoint. I am assuming this does not work either.

As i said earlier i can get it to work if i use individual names, I.E "unAssignVehicle d_1; d_1 action [getOut, ab];" (d_1 is the name of a diver), but i really want to learn to use groups properly.

What have i misunderstood? What am i doing wrong?

you dont need flyinheight or anything for them,

just give them a waypoint and change the height/elevation in the new waypoint settings to -5

also just give the boat a transport unload waypoint, it will make all the passengers disembark

so step by step

1. place AI boat, place a group of divers ( keep the group of divers and boat seperate, dont put them in the same group)

2. in divers groupleaders init put it to {_x moveInCargo ab} foreach units group this;

3. name the boat to ab and give it a transport unload waypoint

4. give the group of divers a waypoint and change the waypoint elevation/height to -5

Edited by ryanbeckey0

That was one of the first things i tried. But the problem was that when i gave ab an unload transport waypoint it moved to the coast before they disembarked. And i need them to disembark about 800m off the coast.

But thank you for the waypoint elevation thing, i did not notice that previously.

That might be, but i still have no idea how to make that. Also, keep in mind, what i am looking for here is a way to properly group my divers and scripting their commands as a group instead of individually scripting their actions using their names.