Sign in to follow this  
Radioman

PhysX running on CPU only - No GPU Acceleration

Hello,

I'm having issues getting Arma 3 to use my GPU for physics. I have my secondary nvidia GPU set to be the physX device and tested it using FluidMark. FluidMark AND the nvidia PhysX indicator showed that PhysX was being calculated on the GPU I had selected, as well as my GPU monitor.

Running Arma 3, the nvidia PhysX indicator shows "PhysX > CPU" regardless of activity. Is there any way to force GPU accelerated physX?

Sorry if this is a repost/common issue, the search function times out due to server strain and the first two pages were not visibly related.

Thanks.

The PhysX implementation they are using is CPU only.

The PhysX implementation they are using is CPU only.

Any word on if they'll ever allow GPU acceleration?

gpu physx is for stuff like cloth simulation, not implemented in arma, most games with the physX splashscreen use only cpu physx.

gpu physx is for stuff like cloth simulation, not implemented in arma, most games with the physX splashscreen use only cpu physx.

So no luck with particle simulation being done on the GPU? Particles lag to hell because it's all CPU side...

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 ----------

So no luck with particle simulation being done on the GPU? Particles lag to hell because it's all CPU side...

Well, there's a lot of people with an amd card, so the particles should run well on just the cpu, once that's done why bother with physX particles?

Well, there's a lot of people with an amd card, so the particles should run well on just the cpu, once that's done why bother with physX particles?

Because you can make your game look so much better with a lower performance hit, if the user has an nvidia card? From a gamedev point of view, that's as hard as making an additional lever on the options drop-down list and a boolean flag "UseGPU" true...

From my understanding they is only one game to fully use GPU phsyx and that borderlands 2. All other phsyx games uses Cpu.