Sign in to follow this  
Silentace07

CO_02 Skirmish at Marina Bay by SilentAce07

CO_02 Skirmish at Marina Bay

by SilentAce07

Edit: Version 3.0 Added See below! (4/13/2013)

2013-03-06_00005.jpg

Updates:

Version 3.0 has been added. It uses an updated UPS script. Also, respawn points have been placed more strategically. Grenades have been added.

Version 2.2 has been added. Version 2.2 adds 4 boxes with several weapons and attachments with plenty of ammo. Also, players respawn with EBR's (with attachments) and first aid now. I tried custom loadout saving scripts and they were giving me inconsistent results. Until I can find a stable way to save loadouts upon respawn, this will be the way to do it. I did not include all weapons in the box (crate filler) because it was causing errors. I've said since the beginning that I want this mission to be stable and simple. So, enjoy the new weapons and attachments!

Version 2.0 has been added. This is a drastic improvement from the last version. The enemy respawn system has been entirely reworked to create a less predictable firefight. Enemy respawn points are scattered throughout the city. There have been many different types of enemies mixed into the action (including snipers). Enemies are more mobile and are placed much better to flank you.

Description:

Here's a quick mission I made for those who want to check out the infantry combat with friends (or solo). This is a basic skirmish/firefight mission with respawns. Players have unlimited respawns at base. Enemies respawn as you eliminate their unit. There are two ammo crates with a few weapons at the base.

Enemies are patrolling the town using Kronzky's amazing UPS script. Enemies also will respawn deep inside the city in various places when all members of each unit are killed (using Norrin's AI respawn group patrol script). Enemies will respawn a maximum of 100 times. Dead bodies will disappear after 60 seconds using Celery's CLY Remove Dead Script.

The objective of this mission is just to enjoy the firefight.

This is my first mission. It was really created so a friend and I could enjoy the alpha in short gaming sessions, but I decided I'd release for anyone who's looking for the same type of thing. I can't promise I will be able to fix the mission if there are problems, but I will certainly try when I have time. Enjoy!

Installation

Place in your /Arma 3/MPMissions folder

Known Issues:

Saving/Resuming from a save seems to end the enemy respawning script. So... play this fresh every time. There's not really a reason to save anyway.

Disclaimer:

There's nothing fancy about this mission. It's my very first one so go easy on me and enjoy Arma 3!

Special Thanks:

Thanks to everyone who provided the scripts used in this mission:

Kronzky (UPS Script)

Norrin (AI Respawn Group Patrol Script)

Celery (CLY Remove Dead Script)

Also, a special thank to BI for making such a great game and allowing us to enjoy the alpha.

Changelog:

4/13/2013: Version 3.0 added (Spawn placement fixes, grenades added, updated patrol script)

4/6/2013: Version 2.3 added (Made for developer build/beta as requested)

3/14/2013: Version 2.2 added (Added ammo crates with weapons, optics, and ammo for loadout customization. Changed default loadouts. General spawn location tweaks)

3/13/2013: Version 2.0 added (Major overhaul: spawn system entirely reworked, higher performance, more flexible and unpredictable firefights)

3/7/2013: 2 Player Lite Version added (less enemies, higher performance, slower combat, meant for higher difficulty)

3/6/2013: 4 Player version added

Download Links (more to come)

Version 3.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b53c0hu9iufl0b2

Armaholic Mirror: (pending)

PM me for older builds

Edited by Silentace07

Cool, I had a quick go at it, about 10-15 minutes and it was a blast! Will try it out in coop 2nite with my bud.

Good job!

Very nice, some of our Unit's members have picked up A3 and we'll be sure to check it out soon. Thanks for the mission!

Cool, I had a quick go at it, about 10-15 minutes and it was a blast! Will try it out in coop 2nite with my bud.

Good job!

That's great to hear!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Let me know if you run into any problems.

I've found that it plays best if you up the difficulty. It really becomes a struggle to advance through the city. The mission slows down and enemies are often flanking you. I'm really impressed with the scripts and the Arma 3 AI.

2 Player Lite Version has been added. There are less enemies overall which contributes to a higher frame rate. The combat is a bit slower, so turning up the difficulty really makes for a treat on this version. I've personally been having more fun with it than the previous editions.

Missions can't be developed with Development updates as they're unstable as crazy, so there's really no guaranteed support for missions to work with dev builds.

Just saying from a general mission editors perspective, but there is not much we can do as BIs Dev Updates do not pass QAs and crashes are very frequent there.

I figured. Well that happen with dev updates. It is a good Coop Mission. I will be jumping between DEV/NORMAL just for this one.

Missions can't be developed with Development updates as they're unstable as crazy, so there's really no guaranteed support for missions to work with dev builds.

Just saying from a general mission editors perspective, but there is not much we can do as BIs Dev Updates do not pass QAs and crashes are very frequent there.

I figured. Well that happen with dev updates. It is a good Coop Mission. I will be jumping between DEV/NORMAL just for this one.

Thanks for helping out and for the feedback.

I've been experimenting with the mission in the editor, trying to tweak it without making it too complex. The mission is generally stable because it's very simple. I'm going to look into having the ai respawn script work with several different respawn points. If I can do that, there won't be any hotspots to stay away from, and the mission will flow better.

Version 2.0 has been added. This is a major overhaul of the mission. The enemy spawn system has been entirely rebuilt to make for more unpredictable firefights. Enemies will spawn in several locations around the city. There are also several more types of enemies mixed into the action. Performance has also improved. The end result is a much more dynamic and exciting skirmish that can last for hours. Both 2 and 4 player versions have been added. I recommend playing at elevated difficulties for the best experience.

Hey Silent, loving this mission!

Can you possibly add all of the attachments? I think some guns are missing as well. When I pick up a different weapon, it comes with no attachments and there are none that I can grab :( Iron sites are good, but a scope is better!

Hey Silent, loving this mission!

Can you possibly add all of the attachments? I think some guns are missing as well. When I pick up a different weapon, it comes with no attachments and there are none that I can grab :( Iron sites are good, but a scope is better!

Sure. Give me a day or two and I'll figure out how to do it.

So happy to hear you're enjoying the mission.

Sure. Give me a day or two and I'll figure out how to do it.

So happy to hear you're enjoying the mission.

Thanks! It's good to just jump in to some combat... I've been trying to make this kind of thing myself, so I appreciate it.

Gear saving/respawning with the previous equipment would be great - annoying to keep having to re-equip it all.

That + bags would be good (including spawning in first with a backpack of some sort).

EDIT:

Oh and have the items replenish in the crates... don't wanna run out of ammo!

Edited by HateDread

Thanks! It's good to just jump in to some combat... I've been trying to make this kind of thing myself, so I appreciate it.

Gear saving/respawning with the previous equipment would be great - annoying to keep having to re-equip it all.

That + bags would be good (including spawning in first with a backpack of some sort).

EDIT:

Oh and have the items replenish in the crates... don't wanna run out of ammo!

I've added a crate full of every weapon in the game and it replenishes. Looking into gear saving scripts now.

Thanks for this mission. I'll try it with my mate. Keep up the good work :)

Version 2.2 has been added.

Version 2.2 adds 4 boxes with several weapons and attachments with plenty of ammo. Also, players spawn with EBR's (with attachments) and first aid now. I tried custom loadout saving scripts and they were giving me inconsistent results. Until I can find a stable way to save loadouts upon respawn, this will be the way to do it. I did not include all weapons in the box (crate filler) because it was causing errors. I've said since the beginning that I want this mission to be stable and simple. So, enjoy the new weapons and attachments!

I tried it out with a couple of friends and it is definitely fun.

Version 2.3 has been added to make the mission compatible with the newest beta/developer build.

Version 2.3 has been added to make the mission compatible with the newest beta/developer build.

I tried to play version 2.2 as single player over the weekend. Got the "A3_Soft_F Galkin" error which crashed my game. I'm on the alpha build, and I think version 2.3 is only for the developer build. Is that correct? If so, would you please update the alpha version, I'd like to try out your mission. It sounds fun. Thank you.

I can't play since the last DEV update. This is the missage I get when I try to start the server.

http://i.imgur.com/2r4qSTk.jpg

I get the same message (well, maybe not exactly, since I didn't note the name of the "deleted content," when I try to play it as a single-player mission. Note that I don't use the Dev version of the game.

I tried to play version 2.2 as single player over the weekend. Got the "A3_Soft_F Galkin" error which crashed my game. I'm on the alpha build, and I think version 2.3 is only for the developer build. Is that correct? If so, would you please update the alpha version, I'd like to try out your mission. It sounds fun. Thank you.

Have you tried 2.3 on the normal build? As I understand, the normal build was updated since I originally released 2.2 so it's possible that error wont occur with version 2.3.

Have you tried 2.3 on the normal build? As I understand, the normal build was updated since I originally released 2.2 so it's possible that error wont occur with version 2.3.

I'll try version 2.3 on the alpha build tonight and see how it goes. Thanks.