nomadd

SLP Spawning script

I have a very interesting issue. I have 4 AOs that are spawning 30-80 units across 5 or 6 triggers per AO. My 4th AO was not spawning anything, so I thought there was an issue with my vars or triggers. I completed the AOs backwards from 4 to 1, and #4 spawned, but #1 didn't. I can only conclude that there's a limitation somewhere on the number of groups or units I can spawn. Is this SLP, or core Arma3 do you think?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

It was the 144 group limitation. I run this script after each AO to fix the issue:

if(!isServer) exitWith{};

{

if(count (units _x) == 0) then {deleteGroup _x};

}forEach allGroups;

Sorry for bring this old thread up but I am having some issues when using the (infantry only) "building" tasks of the script. Does this not work with military buildings like map base sites. I can' t get the infantry to spawn in military buildings. Is this like the opposite of the issue with the site base module which will only spawn units in military buildings lol. can someone please confirm this Avibird

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

Issue fixed it was me lol my radius was to small to Reach the military buildings. (:

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

delete ---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

@Desrat

I took a look and think I might have found the problem (well I found a problem, hopefully this fixes it)

Replace your SLP_fnc_spawn.sqf with the new file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb2027y03ak0xiv/SLP_fnc_spawn.sqf

Also make sure in your SLP_init.sqf set everything to 0.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
//# of Groups and Group size...Global Values use... -1 in script call to activate 
//if you are not using paramsarray then set these values to 0
//_Infgrp_num=             0; 
//_Infgrp_size=            0;

_Infgrp_num=                                	0         ;        //Sets # of Infantry groups
_Infgrp_size=                                	0     	   ;        // Sets # of units in infantry groups
_Vehgrp_num=                              		0        ;        // Sets # of vehicle groups
_Vehgrp_size=                                	0        ;        // Sets # of units in vehicle groups
_Armgrp_num=                             		0         ;        // Sets # of Armor groups
_Armgrp_size=                              		0       ;      	// Sets # of units in Armor groups
_Airgrp_num=                                    0        ;     	// Sets # of Air groups
_Airgrp_size=                                   0        ;    	// Sets # of units in Air groups

/*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/

Give this a try and let me know. If this fixes the problem I will put out a new version of SLP.

keep getting an error stating _armor array is empty...[/quote

Does anyone have a working copy of this script. I can't fix the armor bug with the spawn of armor units, Avibird

This is awsome - however I miss the ability to make some custom arrays (e.g _recon, _apc, _ifv, _arty, _aa, _supply ect.) - would that even be possible...?

Not sure if it has anything to do with this script but Ive encountered an issue while using this script.

Basically I have reinforcement trigger with script in it to spawn units, which is triggered by another trigger with Opfor presence. I have 3 groups in reinforcement and it is set to TRUE in order for groups to appear once previous group is dead, this all works fine, until I use third trigger to delete reinforcement trigger with script in it and problem is that even if I delete reinforcement trigger together with marks onto which spawned units suppose to go, they still respawn, but in the other end of the Altis map and begin to move to the area where markers were before. Is there any way to disable script from running once trigger is deleted?

Thank you.

Would it be possible to use players (within a circle marker radius) as the hunt target and have units spawn randomly around them as they move through a map? Therefore creating continuous battles wherever you go, without pre-defined markers or triggers. OK I lie, there is one marker, which I'd use to cover the entire map area except for the main base (so they don't spawn around you on the airfield!).

Awesome script. Thanks for the update.

Reed

;)

This is great. I have used your older script for years, I am looking forward to trying this new update.

Thank you for taking the time to update it.

@dr@gon

Glad you like it. If you have any issues just let me know. 

Update 

newest version 3.49

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ecaq9maikj4q3x/SLP_spawn_v3%2e49.Stratis.7z?dl=0

changelog :

-changed marker colors for all sides. Sides now use "coloreast","colorwest" etc 

-removed unnecessary waituntil and if/then statements

-changed script to take advantage of new scripting commands

-cleaned/optimized  code 

-spawned AI  drivers (helos,armor,planes,cars etc) now have a skill of 1. (figured AI drivers need all the help they can get)

-SLP skill settings will be over written by any type of AI Mod...VCOM,ASR etc

-changed SLP_instances variable  to missionnamespace getvariable ["SLP_numofgroups",SLP_numofgroups];

-can use this to get the number of groups that have been spawned, useful for tracking group numbers in wave type missions.

-( example in demo mission)

-for debug purposes you can use SLP_markers on all editor placed units

-this has to be implemented by mission maker( was going to implement this as part of SLP Spawn but decided to leave it up to mission maker if they want to use it or not)

-(example  in demo mission)

-added a couple more examples for executing code from the init of spawned units

-various small fixes and spelling corrections

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know this is an old post, and I don't know if the OP is active, but worth a shot...…

has anyone found a way to put an infantry unit in the cargo positions of a boat? It works great for a vehicle, but not a boat. I haven't tried helo's or planes yet.