Sign in to follow this  
stevos758

Possible to run Arma3 and Arma 2 server on the same PC at the same time?

Is it possible for me to run an arma 2 server and a arma 3 server on the same PC at the same time?

I just built a new PC and my old PC should be quite capable of handling the work load. I just was not sure how to do this to avoid conflicts in network traffic etc.

You should be able to run the arma 2 dedicated server tool along side the arma 3 client as server. Just set them to different ports to avoid conflict. I know the arma 2 sever automatically changes port if it detects the one specified is in use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Excellent.

So say I switch to port 2306 i should port forward 2307 and 2309?

^ Dont do that, arma uses base_port, base_port+1 and base_port+3, at least arma 2 oa does, so separate them a bit more.

I found that using port 2302 and 2303 is fine. Always has been for me. It means 2304 and 2305 are unusable but then 2306 and 2307 are okay. I have never noticed an issue running on the two ports next to each other. What issues could this cause that I haven't noticed yet?

I found that using port 2302 and 2303 is fine. Always has been for me. It means 2304 and 2305 are unusable but then 2306 and 2307 are okay. I have never noticed an issue running on the two ports next to each other. What issues could this cause that I haven't noticed yet?

This should not be possible, a default dedicated server actually uses 3 ports: 2302, 2303, 2305. For safety, I always space mine out by ~ 10 ports anyway, and I've set our Arma3 server up using 3302.

I found that my arma 2 server picks port 2313 automatically when the arma 3 server runs on 2302.

^ Yes Arma will pick another port if the current one is in use. For example we have 4 A2 servers 2302, 2312, 2322, 2332 and just firing up the A3 -server it picks 2326 as it's port