Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

2 missons for TDNL - Co@4 (diver mission) and Co@10 (regular infantry)

So yesterday and today I made two missions for tangodown.nl, and figured I'd share them with you as well.

Co@4 - [TDNL]From the depths

A simple mission. You start out as a team of 4 divers in the water outside of Agua Regia. Your job is to infiltrate the village, kill the enemy officer, and move to the exfil.

Download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18922

Co@10 - [TDNL]Making entry

A bit more elaborate mission. In preperation of an invasion your team is tasked with clearing out an overwatch position on the ocean, and attacking a stronghold after that. When that is done, you have to move to the exfiltration point.

Download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18923

Both missions feature 3d death screams. That means that when you shoot someone, they will moan, gurgle, scream or cry. I added this in an attempt to humanise both the player's soldiers as well as the opfor. Killing people is a messy business and imo games don't do enough to reflect that. Most of the death screams come from Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, while some of them were done by myself and a friend.

That does mean that the opfor sometimes scream in Russian at the moment, because I don't have any Iranian voice-overs :p the blufor get some 'generic' (as in, they don't feature talk, just moans, gurgles etc.) death screams. These missions might be updated in future with better recordings, but that depends on if I can get my hands on a recording studio (which I might).

Making Entry also features custom voice acting by Nimster and me. All these soundfiles make the mission files a bit bigger than most, but imo the trade-off is worth it for the immersion.

Edited by SiC-Disaster

Well done :)

-k

Actually, both played and Depboed.

The death sounds add a new morbid quality to the battlefied. I found the voice acting in the 10 player mission to be pretty decent.

The toughest mission was From the depths. There were a staggering number of patrols that either had to be bypassed or dealt with; also, getting out of the drink without being spotted proved troublesome. At more than one occasion did I wish for a silenced pistol. The Underwater rifle is pretty terrible topside, it did prove sufficient to scavenge something from dead OpFor. Guess that might have been the point?

-k

Interesting. I played From the depths last night with some community members and we managed to get onto land without problems. In fact, we were trying to stealth through the village and at one point an opfor passed so close by me that I could almost touch him.

A bit farther on he did spot my friend and shot him dead. They can be pretty blind when patrolling in my experience.

And yeah, the UW rifle is pretty shitty lol. Often it is better to just switch to the sidearm as it seems to be more accurate and more damaging. I've always switched over to an opfor rifle too, the UW rifle needs you to be very, very close.

It's good to hear the voice acting is ok lol, because I used to SUCK at it. It's harder than it seems to get the right intonation and such. I like the death screams a lot. Most of them are from RO2 and when I first heard them in that game they gave me shivers down the spine. It made a lot of people think about what it is they were doing in the game. I've even seen someone apologize for killing his opponent, because he shot the guy through the throat with a reaction shot, and we sat there listening to the guy gurgle for like 30 seconds. Another time I had a killing spree going, I shot 5 people in CQB with a bolt action rifle then proceeded to stab two others to death with the bayonet. I felt very satisfied, but then the last guy started to cry and calling for his mother, and I felt pretty shitty lol. It somehow takes you beyond a regular game to something that makes you think.

Changed the downloads in the original posts to link to Armaholic.

If you've downloaded and played it, please leave a rating and a comment on there! :)