Sign in to follow this  
GioGimic

Server Instant Crash [VPS]

On my VPS when i try to launch the game or the shortcut for server it instantly crashes some times ill still be in the process list but mostly just crashes with no errors just stops responding

i used this tutorial for the server

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server

Windows Server 2008

Edited by GioGimic

And what exactly are the specs of this VPS? Most companies heavily limit the CPU usage of VPS' which would explain the non-responsive issues, due to insufficient resources.

I am having the same problem on win server 2003. I click the exe and it might show up in the process list for 1 second max then exit automatically, no dialog comes up, I can't find a crash log or something of that nature anywhere. It probably has to do with virtualization and arma 3, or a missing resource.

I am having the same problem on win server 2003. I click the exe and it might show up in the process list for 1 second max then exit automatically, no dialog comes up, I can't find a crash log or something of that nature anywhere. It probably has to do with virtualization and arma 3, or a missing resource.

Win Server 2003 does not support DirectX10/11

The server RPT files are in the hidden Appdata/Arma3 folder. There's a thread somewhere on the DirectX issue, but I don't think it's a guaranteed workaround.