costlyy

Wasteland for ArmA 3 by 404Games [MP]

Hi, I can see there is some people looking for wasteland in the nighttime.

It is true, that if the servers are up long enough, there will eventually become night.

My clanleader is hosting a server that is set to start at night, search: sons of valor in the filter.

This server is not up 24/7, so dont build massive structures and think they will be there in the future.

It is very fun to try out, so please come join us.

:)

Hmm don't know about the Blitzkrieg mission, how many players per server and vehicles per server is it, the main cause of performance issues in wasteland is that there are 120 vehicles and 120 fortifications then lots of dead bodys and gear all over the floor.

This is not currently implemented as we need props for food and water.

They will be added in again but as a main mission to make them more valuable.

makes sense.... thanks for the response... used to see it say armed heli mission but dont anymore and spawned in once and had a HMG hunter infront of me was awesome.....

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Hi, I can see there is some people looking for wasteland in the nighttime.

It is true, that if the servers are up long enough, there will eventually become night.

My clanleader is hosting a server that is set to start at night, search: sons of valor in the filter.

This server is not up 24/7, so dont build massive structures and think they will be there in the future.

It is very fun to try out, so please come join us.

:)

nightime is hard man lol was playing it lastnight on STONEDSNIPERS server....

hey guys,

having a few problems with this.

first of all when i set the server up it loads up fine then once in game arma crashes after about 5 seconds... any idea what this could be is it my side or arma thats causing issues here....

also when in game on public servers its happened 2-3 times now basically i will be in a chopper huey or little bird and then all of a sudden the chopper disapears and i fall to the ground and die....

anyone having these issues and anyone know of any fixes ?

Thanks Muchly

Always wanted to check out Wasteland in Arma2 but was SOO wrapped up in DayZ maps/mods I never really got a chance to do too much (played about 4-10 hrs).

Have played a BUNCH since A3's release on the A3 version, it's great. Love watching it evolve...

PLEASE add underwater wrecks for high-yield crash sites! It would be SOO cool to see in a great mod like this!

Here's a quick vid of the basic idea:

Bunch of vids of gameplay on wasteland there too!

Great Mod! Might host a server out of my house soon lol. Too busy for now!!

Whats the fun of 404 wasteland? I don't get it. I just spawn and have a 10% chance of getting into a stupid pistol firefight on the side of a hill. I've never really had "fun" in it or seen anyone else have fun.

Yet the majority of servers are 404 wasteland... am I missing something?

Whats the fun of 404 wasteland? I don't get it. I just spawn and have a 10% chance of getting into a stupid pistol firefight on the side of a hill. I've never really had "fun" in it or seen anyone else have fun.

Yet the majority of servers are 404 wasteland... am I missing something?

I never understood it either. But we cant complain really. Arma has always thrived on custom game modes, and if this is the fad, then so be it. I think alot of people enjoy wasteland, especially among new players, because they dont actually have to cooperate at a higher level to win. They can just do their own thing. Personally I dislike the game mode since I want missions that require very organized coop play, and even when people are trying to coop in wasteland it ends up with what I would classify as horrible gameplay. But you cant complain about people liking it. What annoys me are streamers/youtubers that make people think that wasteland is the epitome of coop play ... and these are videos from beginners that dont even know how to do a proper contact report (Sacriel *cough cough*), people that have no chance of even finishing a medium level coop mission. Hopefully more players will get steerded towards good, organized TvT or hard coop after a while. (Disclaimer: The design of wasteland is so well done, so I shouldnt really say anything ... I am just venting).

I would imagine It's because a lot of the players do not like the hardcore side of ArmA where everyone is strict and work very tightly in a group, some people just don't like how serious it is. But everyone to their own is the way I see it.

About: Hello BIS forums! I am a developer at 404Games and on behalf of everyone there, I am proud to announce the release of "Wasteland" for ArmA 3.

It is currently a WIP and has been adapted significantly to cope with the new engine, but the Wasteland that we all love is very much still alive.

Author(s): 404Games

Type: Arma3 Alpha survival sandbox (MP + JIP)

Mission version: 1.0.5

So its 1.0.5 version but in MP list i see some servers got 1.0.6 version , is it also done by 404Games ? And where can i get it ?

Thx for help.

In the first post it says "still the wasteland we all know and love". I must be missing something then. I have been playing since 2001 and never once heard of "wasteland" until this ArmA 3 alpha came out. What is it? Where do I find out more about it? Why does the original forum post lack any and all detail? How have I missed this?

As far as the Wasteland gameplay concept... some might describe it as DayZ without the zombies, though Tonic-_- holds claim to "original Wasteland" which came out in mid-September last year, though Tonic-_- specifically disavows 404Games' work.

As far as "not having to cooperate to win"... there is no win state, although there's a video out there of

who somehow miss with almost all of their shots at extremely close quarters range (with pistols no less!) and run out of ammo... then, not having melee with which to continue the fight, decide to team up. :D (This was in the Arma 3 alpha.) Edited by Chortles

This is not the place for trolling, any more from you and I'll have the moderators in here.

he's not trolling, it's a valid concern, because http://wasteland.arma.su/

until I see one of you admitting, you guys are as much thieves as Sa-Matra is a liar. you should get everything straightened out with Sa-Matra first, so he removes his accusative post. until that happens I suggest you keep your mouth shut and not threaten people with moderators, who you have no affiliation with

About: Hello BIS forums! I am a developer at 404Games and on behalf of everyone there, I am proud to announce the release of "Wasteland" for ArmA 3.

It is currently a WIP and has been adapted significantly to cope with the new engine, but the Wasteland that we all love is very much still alive.

Author(s): 404Games

Type: Arma3 Alpha survival sandbox (MP + JIP)

Mission version: 1.0.5

So its 1.0.5 version but in MP list i see some servers got 1.0.6 version , is it also done by 404Games ? And where can i get it ?

Thx for help.

until I see one of you admitting, you guys are as much thieves as Sa-Matra is a liar. you should get everything straightened out with Sa-Matra first, so he removes his accusative post. until that happens I suggest you keep your mouth shut and not threaten people with moderators, who you have no affiliation with

i'm pretty sure i had made the first remake of wasteland it was called desolate wasteland about a month before sa-matra's took off, we had an official server aswell and i just gave up because i just ran out of pep for developing it and wasteland was still not fully released so it was not worth it with tonic always updating it. im glad i stopped working on it did not realize it was surrounded by so much drama lol

Sa-Matra will not talk to us, we have tried to be reasonable but he will not listen.

I suggest you leave the thread or get a clue. This is for the legitimate discussion about the mission file, not the airing of grievances.

Edited by costlyy

All you need to do is download the file in the first post and then place it in your MPMission folder. That is the client/server all in one.

Oh so there is no persistence?

Oh so there is no persistence?

No persistence as of yet but when ArmA 3 is more well known and has a bit more content to play with, more than likely around the beta time of ArmA 3 we might make a Wasteland Mod on ArmA 3 with persistence.

No persistence as of yet but when ArmA 3 is more well known and has a bit more content to play with, more than likely around the beta time of ArmA 3 we might make a Wasteland Mod on ArmA 3 with persistence.

Hm, if i use the suspend feature of arma, can i "resume" a game of wasteland? That's something i might play privately with a handful of friends but it would be nice to save progress between our sessions.

just a suggestion. increased time speed would be really cool, so we have day/night cycle. and players shouldnt spawn with NVGoogles at the beginning!

walking around at daytime just gets boring by the time...

I'm new to the Wasteland mod and so far I quite like it!

I don't really know what I am doing or how it all works but I did manage to find a sniper rifle in a vehicle with a scope and a silencer. I wondered off towards the north coast to come across a chopper wreck and upon approaching it, another chopper, I assume player flown, flew over my head, turned around and left. I wasn't noticed because I happened to be prone in a bush. :butbut:

Any tips/advice for a newb here?

Cheers.

i hate the wateland mod, i´t causes drastic performance decrease, it is unplayable! below 20 fps while on other gamemodes i got 30-60!!! (taking compareable playercount into account)

ITS HORRIBLE AND THERE ARE TOO MANY WASTELAND SERVERS!!! GO BACK TO ARMA 2!!!!!

please uninstall, thx.

i hate the wateland mod, i´t causes drastic performance decrease, it is unplayable! below 20 fps while on other gamemodes i got 30-60!!! (taking compareable playercount into account)

ITS HORRIBLE AND THERE ARE TOO MANY WASTELAND SERVERS!!! GO BACK TO ARMA 2!!!!!

please uninstall, thx.

just dont join wasteland servers.

problem solved :)

how do I attach the optics or suppressor that I sometimes find in vehicles to my weapon?