costlyy

Wasteland for ArmA 3 by 404Games [MP]

Does anyone know of a Wasteland server that isn't completely DM?

Ran a wasteland server for about an hour found no choppers (they all automatically blew up on game start) and no missions ran? Im assuming the missions havent been added to the script yet unless im encountering a bug. Can anyone confirm this?

Ran a wasteland server for about an hour found no choppers (they all automatically blew up on game start) and no missions ran? Im assuming the missions havent been added to the script yet unless im encountering a bug. Can anyone confirm this?

I've joined a handful of different wasteland servers and the missions were running OK. I think they were running 1.03?

1.05 is out.

Can anyone confirm this is the right way to load it, just wondering what the "class" should be?

class Missions

{

class CoOp

{

template="404Wasteland_ArmA3.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

};

where is the 1.05 download?

I think i'm blind...

Edit : found it...

Edited by Milosan

Update!

[Change Log]

[Added] Uniforms,Hats and Vests to the gunstore.

[Added] Players now spawn with a backpack.

[Fixed] Not able to get weapons out of vehicle.

[Fixed] R3F Loading into vehicles.

[Fixed] Gunstore locations so they can't be ran down by vehicles.

[Fixed] Health Icon.

[Fixed] Static helicopter spawning and no more explosions.

[Fixed] Weapon crates can now be loaded into vehicles.

[Download]

Click here to download

With latest 1.0.5 after 5 minutes server crashed

Mods: A3
Distribution: 0
Version 0.5.102571
Fault address:  00C21FC2 01:00820FC2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     404Wasteland_ArmA3 (__cur_mp)
world:    Stratis
Prev. code bytes: 8B 4C 24 08 85 C9 75 04 32 C0 EB 0C 8B 01 FF 10
Fault code bytes: D8 46 08 B0 01 D9 5E 08 5E C2 04 00 55 8B EC 51

Registers:
EAX:00F57D8C EBX:00000000
ECX:2CBF47C0 EDX:2CBF47C0
ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:00C21FC2
SS:ESP:002B:01C7C7AC  EBP:01C7C7D8
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010206
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Alpha\arma3.mdmp

I haven't had a chance to look at the file, but according to one of our other admins there's a crash that occurs at 14:53:30

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61986/Arma%203%20Alpha.rar

Also big thanks for any help. This log is from the BSC 56 man server. We're always full. Wasteland is super popular.

I had a look though and it looks like a standard arma3 crash, im afraid we are just going to have to wait for a patch/update.

In 1.0.5 we have resolved this problem by removing the exploding choppers on spawn so that now 8 helis are spawned and the rest will become simple wrecks.

With latest 1.0.5 after 5 minutes server crashed

Mods: A3
Distribution: 0
Version 0.5.102571
Fault address:  00C21FC2 01:00820FC2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     404Wasteland_ArmA3 (__cur_mp)
world:    Stratis
Prev. code bytes: 8B 4C 24 08 85 C9 75 04 32 C0 EB 0C 8B 01 FF 10
Fault code bytes: D8 46 08 B0 01 D9 5E 08 5E C2 04 00 55 8B EC 51

Registers:
EAX:00F57D8C EBX:00000000
ECX:2CBF47C0 EDX:2CBF47C0
ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:00C21FC2
SS:ESP:002B:01C7C7AC  EBP:01C7C7D8
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010206
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Alpha\arma3.mdmp

As posted above, this really is just a problem with alpha, we are all awaiting the patch to cure all problems :)

On a quick note, although it is not many people we have found that 20 players is the most stable for wasteland, anything above and you simply shorten the lifespan of the server.

Ive tried wasteland a few times. in my experience so far at best it's ordinary, at worst its downright frustrating. I must be missing something, it should be friggin good else why would so many servers run it and pretty much nothing else?

frustrations include - people (opponents) hanging around where spawns are. using their assault rifles to kill the people spawning with puny pistols. this happened so many times it wasnt fun. the times i sneak up of the guys and shoot them with my pistol, they look around see me, and as a pistol is like pissing in the wind, then they pop me with their rifle even after being hit two or three times.

eventually finding an assault rifle in a vehicle, but not being able to equip it. lol, it's a great way to reward perserverance.

the advantage is overwhelmingly to the team that has been in the server longest, and this often turns out to the the largest team as well. making for very frustrating games for the people who join the server later.

if this wasnt probably the most popular mod on arma3 server now I'd never look at it again, but it must be awesome but i am just not seeing it yet.

Ive tried wasteland a few times. in my experience so far at best it's ordinary, at worst its downright frustrating. I must be missing something, it should be friggin good else why would so many servers run it and pretty much nothing else?

frustrations include - people (opponents) hanging around where spawns are. using their assault rifles to kill the people spawning with puny pistols. this happened so many times it wasnt fun. the times i sneak up of the guys and shoot them with my pistol, they look around see me, and as a pistol is like pissing in the wind, then they pop me with their rifle even after being hit two or three times.

eventually finding an assault rifle in a vehicle, but not being able to equip it. lol, it's a great way to reward perserverance.

the advantage is overwhelmingly to the team that has been in the server longest, and this often turns out to the the largest team as well. making for very frustrating games for the people who join the server later.

if this wasnt probably the most popular mod on arma3 server now I'd never look at it again, but it must be awesome but i am just not seeing it yet.

The pistol in Arma 3 is quite deadly - if you can shoot it.

Weapons in vehicles appears to be a glitch with the alpha, to equip them you drag them to the 'ground' tab of the gear screen - for some reason they don't like being directly picked up out of a vehicle.

I haven't noticed anyone else hanging around at spawns other than guys with pistols, those with assault rifles are normally passing through, or searching cars for ammo. The spawn points cover quite a bit of ground too - so it's not exactly hard to sneak away.

I play it because my mates do, and it's (fairly) easy to jump in and have a bit of fun. However, the very second MSO gets released for Arma3 I'll be all over it.

I think part of the problem re: spawn killing is related to player count. Stuffing 40+ people in to a 20km^2 island is just too many for this type of gamemode. Becomes more DM, less "survival."

Glad to hear backpacks are in now. Will have to put this back on my server (with 24 players - look for TGW in your server browser twisted) as this will add quite a bit of depth back to gameplay by actually allowing players to use Medic and Engineer abilities.

Guys can we forget stratis.

What i mean is an instruction guide for those of us with A2OA (which will be most) to port chenaraus into the addons folder and play with a modified version of the current mission that is played in A2OA.

This is just a suggestion. Would be interested in feedback, not flaming.

Could someone explain what Wasteland is and how this game mode works?

I asked this same question on page 3 and got this reply:

http://www.404games.co.uk/FAQ.

So that being the case, I'll ask Author of this thread, costlyy, to PLEASE put the video link on the front page for users to get acquinted with Wasteland.

ThxOKbye!

may not relate to anything but I thought I'd report it. I was picking up a money bag and before it disappeared I walked away to go to the truck (was trying to run/grab/get back to safety). When I did that the server popped up 'no messages in X seconds' but we still were able to chat on Voice on the server. Could be anything causing that 'no messages' but I normally stick around waiting for the bag to disappear - this time I did not and I swear the server stopped as soon as I walked away.

I am currently an admin of a 64 player Wasteland server in Arma 3 and one of the questions I am most asked is "Does this gamemode ever go to night?", and I am wondering this myself, will the day/night cycle actually happen in the future of this script?

I am currently an admin of a 64 player Wasteland server in Arma 3 and one of the questions I am most asked is "Does this gamemode ever go to night?", and I am wondering this myself, will the day/night cycle actually happen in the future of this script?

Eventually it will go night but as servers don't really have the life time to stay alive I don't think so.

Because you guys were so fast releasing Wasteland for Arma 3, I started playing that for the first few days of the Alpha, but I had A LOT of crashes (roughly every 10-60 minutes). At first I thought, a well, Alpha... BUT yesterday I played Blitzkrieg all day (almost 7 Hours), and I haven't had a single crash. Went back to Wasteland for 30 Minutes, crash... Not saying its all Wasteland related, but from where I'm standing, it sure looks like Wasteland is responsible for a fair amount of my crashes.

Is the thirst/hunger stuff not working? I was playing for about two hours yesterday and they were both at 100.

Is the thirst/hunger stuff not working? I was playing for about two hours yesterday and they were both at 100.

Not yet, but I hope it will work soon together with day/night cycle.

is there any armed vehicles in this mod?

if so where do i find one?

bored of having to dismount a car and die as doing so :(

edit:

i have seen armed hunters in game before but only once.... just wondering how i cant find any more?

Edited by marcushague

Because you guys were so fast releasing Wasteland for Arma 3, I started playing that for the first few days of the Alpha, but I had A LOT of crashes (roughly every 10-60 minutes). At first I thought, a well, Alpha... BUT yesterday I played Blitzkrieg all day (almost 7 Hours), and I haven't had a single crash. Went back to Wasteland for 30 Minutes, crash... Not saying its all Wasteland related, but from where I'm standing, it sure looks like Wasteland is responsible for a fair amount of my crashes.

Hmm don't know about the Blitzkrieg mission, how many players per server and vehicles per server is it, the main cause of performance issues in wasteland is that there are 120 vehicles and 120 fortifications then lots of dead bodys and gear all over the floor.

This is not currently implemented as we need props for food and water.

is there any armed vehicles in this mod?

if so where do i find one?

bored of having to dismount a car and die as doing so :(

edit:

i have seen armed hunters in game before but only once.... just wondering how i cant find any more?

They will be added in again but as a main mission to make them more valuable.