Sign in to follow this  
harakka

After death: black screen troubles

We're trying to get the venerable Kegetys's spectator script to work. However we are hitting a hitch even before executing the actual script. Good old spawning as a seagull works, but attempting anything else, like overriding onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs and onKilled event handlers, seem to both result in a black screen that we can't dispel by any means. Any ideas on where the black screen is executed from and how to get around it are welcome.

I'm running into the same problem. Trying to write my own respawn script, if I setPlayer after a player dies then he does take control of the unit but the screen fades black. Any help would be appreciated.

I found a solution to the problem and will be releasing an updated version of the script once I get permission from Kegetys

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

For reference you need this at the start of your onrespawnasseagull.sqs

;MUF test------------------------------------------------------------
;wait until health PPs are finished (death after unconscious, sudden death - see TEST_HealthPP.FSM)
@(missionnamespace getvariable ["BIS_allowDeathScreen",true])
BIS_allowHealthPP = false;
(["HealthPP_black"] call bis_fnc_rscLayer) cutText ["","BLACK IN",8];

Thanks! Your solution worked, even though Kegetys' script itself needs a lot of adaptation. If you succeed in updating the script please post a followup here or PM me, we would be very interested in seeing it!